sweaty clients and spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
is there anything I can do about sweaty clients in this weather as when I spray tan I don't have any streaks but give it five mins and it looks like run marks due to the sweat in this weather. Will this result in a streaky tan????

Is there anything I can do???

Do you mean they are sweaty when you start or sweaty afterwards?
If its before you start idealy a shower beforehand if not available I carry around non-perfumed baby wipes for them to give themselves a quick wipe.
If you mean after, I did 3 spray tans the other week in a gym where it was hot and after spraying them I got them to move round slowly and just blasted the cold air rather than the tan to dry them a bit quicker.
Unfortunatley in this weather I don't think you can do much to stop them sweating apart from spraying as late in the day as possible.

sweaty afterwards. Will it affect the overall effect?

In my personal experience it's mainly the bronzer that runs, not the tan itself as I find it takes much longer to sink into the skin when it's hot. I've had a few disaster streak fests with the bronzer but it's not really effected the final tan. I can't say for sure as I don't know if it's the same with every type but (luckily) that's the experience I've had using Solglo so hopefully it might be the same for all of them. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing for sure apart from seeing the tan the next day.

Try sticking them in front of a fan, or dry them with the cool button on a hairdryer. I did a tan on me in the sweltering heat and it came out fine. Maybe also best to do it on an evening when the weather is cooler. hth's xx

I've told her to put talc over so it should help. If it doesn't I've told her to come back tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice girlies x

recommend putting talc over as i did this to myself last week and tan was fine and didnt have any sticky feeling which i hate after a spray tan.

This weather can be difficult, using a fan is good. I wouldnt recomend baby wipes though as they contain moisturiser which can create a barrier from the tan.
I find more of my clients prefer being sprayed in the evening when the weather is this warm.

We've been having the same problem today. One client even showered just before she came in for her tan but ended up with her tan running. It's pretty much inevitable with this heat :rolleyes: We ended up putting a fan in the room & offering towels while they got undressed.

If you use talc afterwards would it stop the colour being absorbed by the skin?

I didnt think showering right before a tan was a good idea as it leaves your pores more open than normal. As for the talc someone said talc was absolutly fine to help with this problem. I think it was mandy so it would be good advice

Latest posts

Back