Sweet 'n Low in on-scalp lightener?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is quite a bit of contradictory and questionable content on the olaplex app. They say not to go higher than 20 volume for on the scalp, then she uses 30, contrary to the products (7th stage) directions.

Then they say to rinse the lightner out, but not to shampoo, but then you can if you want to? Lol. Confusing. I have my olaplex on the way, but I'm not going to be putting 9%'near anyone's scalp, sweet n low not withstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

We do not recommend using higher than 20vol on scalp as it can cause irritation above that due to lightener and developer, it has nothing to do with Olaplex. If you currently use 30vol or 40vol on scalp, continue to do so. With on-scalp lightener, we do still recommend bumping the developer as Olaplex repairs the disulfide bonds during lightener application which slows down processing time. In addition, I encourage you all to join the Olaplex Users Facebook group as we are centralizing everything there in regards to questions and anything you may need. You can also email me directly. [email protected]. As for her choice in lightener, really that's her call. Olaplex is compatible with all color lines and has been tested thoroughly being that it is now in over 50,000 salons with well over 4million uses.

Jordan Alexander
Vice President of Education
Olaplex LLC

Latest posts

Back