Swine flu vaccine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth Mills

Reaction score
Just wondered what peoples views on the swine flu vaccine were on here, e.g. whether you'd get it, and whether you were concerned of any potential adverse reactions from having the vaccine?

In particular, I've recently read about the possibility of a chemical called squalene being used as an "adjuvant" in swine flu vaccine (a substance which increases the vaccine's potency so that less of the swine flu proteins are needed to produce an immune response) - and that this may potentially cause auto-immune disorders (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, etc) in some cases: Alex Jones’ Prison Planet.com Squalene: The Swine Flu Vaccine?s Dirty Little Secret Exposed

Or, the counter argument: Science-Based Medicine A Defense of Childhood Influenza Vaccination and Squalene-Containing Adjuvants; Joseph Mercola?s ?Dirty Little Secret?

So my question is whether you'd take the vaccine and risk adverse effects, or refuse the vaccine and take your chances with the swine flu???

I'm rather torn here tbh, my son has asthma and normally as the annual flu vaccine, but having been involved in a discussion over the weekend with a nurse working with the elderly and a legal professional (involved with the pharmaceutical industry) I have been advised by both NOT to let him have it! There has not been the time to have it fully tested and they have no idea as to the long term risks. There were other things said which I cannot put on here, but were not positive. As someone who has had my life seriously limited (to say the least) by ME for the past 9 years, perhaps I am a little more apprehensive about messing with our immune system.
All that aside I really don't know what to do as if he were to become ill because I denied him the vaccine I would feel very guilty...I need to do some reading and make as informed a decision as possible. Thanks for the links Ruth, gives me a good starting point. X
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, it's a tricky one isn't it? I know that Sonia has reacted badly to flu vaccines in the past, and doesn't want the vaccine accordingly; ironically her carer already had the swine flu (after coming back from holiday in the States a few months ago), so Sonia certainly wouldn't catch it from her.

Another potential issue is the use of thiomersal (a preservative containing mercury) in vaccines, Thiomersal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, it's a tricky one isn't it? I know that Sonia has reacted badly to flu vaccines in the past, and doesn't want the vaccine accordingly; ironically her carer already had the swine flu (after coming back from holiday in the States a few months ago), so Sonia certainly wouldn't catch it from her.

Another potential issue is the use of thiomersal (a preservative containing mercury) in vaccines, Thiomersal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be fair I'd rather catch it now in its mild form but I seem to so far be immune.

I have 3 kids and ones only 16 months and I think if the virus mutated into one much worse than now I would rather be protected by the vaccine than catch the flu. I have been lucky to not get too ill with anything. I did have a bug this year that made it hard to breathe etc and thats scary more than anything as I have asthma.

To be honest bird flu was supposed to be a panademic and it disapeared overnight, this one might yet too.

x

To be fair I'd rather catch it now in its mild form but I seem to so far be immune.

I have 3 kids and ones only 16 months and I think if the virus mutated into one much worse than now I would rather be protected by the vaccine than catch the flu. I have been lucky to not get too ill with anything. I did have a bug this year that made it hard to breathe etc and thats scary more than anything as I have asthma.

To be honest bird flu was supposed to be a panademic and it disapeared overnight, this one might yet too.

x

Aye, if it was obviously a virulent killer flu, then I'd err on the side of caution and take the vaccine. But I'd research the particular supplier of the vaccine before committing myself to getting injected with it. As the exact make-up of swine flu vaccine may well vary from manufacturer to manufacturer...

No i wouldn't have it.
The '76 vaccine killed more people than actually died from the flu.
This vaccine has not been tested on pregnant women and children and they are them 2 main targets for this vaccine. I find that quite shocking!!
So basically it's an untested, dangerous cocktail of chemicals.
I think i'll pass thanks!

I wouldn't have it.I feel quite uneasy about this constant badgering to get us all to have these vaccinations.It makes me wonder whether they are actually causing all these stronger viruses.
Another one im not happy with is the cervical cancer one being given enmass to children as young as they are and getting them at school so to get as many as possible.I guess only time will tell if there are actually side effects and what they are going to be.
I don't understand why they no longer give the BCG anymore in schools when TB is becoming more prevalent.

I wouldn't have it.I feel quite uneasy about this constant badgering to get us all to have these vaccinations.It makes me wonder whether they are actually causing all these stronger viruses.
Another one im not happy with is the cervical cancer one being given enmass to children as young as they are and getting them at school so to get as many as possible.I guess only time will tell if there are actually side effects and what they are going to be.
I don't understand why they no longer give the BCG anymore in schools when TB is becoming more prevalent.

TB has increased in the last few years but not amongst the indigenous population. Most cases of TB are from people born outside the UK.
Still i do think that it will start increasing now that the vaccines aren't being offered in schools.
The reason the cases fell was because everyone was immunized. I think they will start to rise again.

Me n mrs nouvatan may have had swine flu it wasnt confirmed but we had the symptoms and as we live in a hot spot for the virus so its very likely it was swine flu :irked:
to be honest it wasnt that bad lasted 3 days 2nd day vommiting temperature ect we had a couple of duvet days no tamiflu !! just paracetamol and beechams i have had worse hangovers that lasted longer if it was the swine flu its a lot of fuss over nothing if your healthy, and i wouldnt have a vaccine innoculation that is in my body forever !! because i think it was rushed through to cope with the hysteria created by the media in this country

So they take one away and add another one in?

My sis has this this year. I never looked at the stats on the percentage of women that get cervical cancer. Surely screening would be better but then if we were all vaccinated zombies we won't be a burden on the NHS.

Ok perhaps I won't have it now.

I hated giving the kids the 3 in 1 at 3 months. Went and paid privatly only to be told that we couldnt have the mumps one because the government had restricted it coming into the country so I had to go and bite the bullet and have the regular one! Worries me letting my son have it though as Aspergers & Autism are higher in men and the vaccines linked to it. Although I beleive the strain on the Mental health teams now for kids is higher than ever.

We all have the chance to live longer now and expect to live to our 90's and this is going to result in mutations of things as disease I was always lead to beleive was a way of correcting nature or the word I am looking for is something like balancing things out.

Like any species the weak are wiped out and the strong survive. Fact of life, none of like it and I don't certainly want to be part of it. What are the alternatives. Our way of life now living on top of each other is what causes viruses like these I thought?

Probably wrong - I manage to watch too much TV inbetween sleeping, driving and working! (not all at the same time!).

Obesity is also a disease we overlook as a killer. We aren't vaccinating against that yet.

Scary stuff! May just lock myself indoors over the next few months until it passes lol! x

Yep scaremongering at it's best!
I have had regular flu once in my life and i was very ill for 2 weeks. Worse than any case of swine flu i've seen amongst family and friends.
Oh well it keeps the state of the economy off the front pages.
Not that i'm a cynic :lol:

Don't want this to across in the wrong way either but TB was wiped out years ago in the UK. Its return has been attributed to our open door policy. It gets brought over by unvaccinated carriers that infect our unvaccinated.

We don't health check people coming here to live and work unlike australia. If we did, I suspect we would not have so many cases of TB. x

I think when our children are involved in these things we do have to do our own research and remember who is responsible for them, not the government, not the drug companies and the schools are only as much in the know as we are.

Drug companies do not see individuals and people are expendable as long as any side effects are only in a small percentage.
They stand to make billions from a vaccination programme so want to get it passed asap even if they have to payout a few million pound in future compensation, thats fine for them the risk is worth taking.

I think one problem is that they are 'diagnosing' (i use that term loosely!!) the swine flu online/over the phone etc. When it isn't always swine flu....which makes the numbers seem more serious. As has been said if you have flu you are extremely ill for more than a couple of days...half the time people say they have flu when really they have a cold, but flu sounds better!!! I find this really annoying!! (if i had a few quid every time my inlaws had flu i'd be on a caribbean cruise now...lol!)
Posted via Mobile Device

I think one problem is that they are 'diagnosing' (i use that term loosely!!) the swine flu online/over the phone etc. When it isn't always swine flu....which makes the numbers seem more serious. As has been said if you have flu you are extremely ill for more than a couple of days...half the time people say they have flu when really they have a cold, but flu sounds better!!! I find this really annoying!! (if i had a few quid every time my inlaws had flu i'd be on a caribbean cruise now...lol!)
Posted via Mobile Device

Also, maybe paranoid people are phoning that number so they can stock up on Tamiflu???

My eldest daughter has just had her 2nd cervical cancer jab.
A girl died today after having this jab and there have been reports of illnesses.
She has her 3rd jab next February and i'm now wondering whether to let her have it or not.
I think i will not lot my younger daughter have it now.
We just assume that the medical profession do things for our own good but if they are not armed with all the information then it becomes a game of chance-with our lives!
I think a lot more research is required for these vaccines.

with regards to the hpv vaccine i would much rather educate my daughter about responsible sexual relationships than her have a jab to protect against just one risk of unprotected sex. Jmho...call me an old fashioned prude.I don't care!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

My eldest daughter has just had her 2nd cervical cancer jab.
A girl died today after having this jab and there have been reports of illnesses.
She has her 3rd jab next February and i'm now wondering whether to let her have it or not.
I think i will not lot my younger daughter have it now.
We just assume that the medical profession do things for our own good but if they are not armed with all the information then it becomes a game of chance-with our lives!
I think a lot more research is required for these vaccines.

Ouch I didn't know this. Going to speak to my mum and stop my sister having it then. If something happens to her the government will know about it! Love my little sis. xx

The hpv vaccine is only known to protect for about 4 to 5 years anyway and then they will have to have them again.
I discussed the vaccine with my daughter and we decided not to do it yet,thats not to say never, but to see what comes of it all with the amount of girls being vaccinated this year the wider picture maybe known soon, i don't want her to be a guinea pig because i feel this is whats happening, and yes in the meantime discuss about how best not to get it the same as other stds.

Last edited:
With much discussion with my husband, and talking to my son's pediatrician, we have decided as a family to not get the vaccine.

My son's pediatrician is leary of it because of the bad vaccine that was done in the 70's. He wasn't going to get it for himself, but his practice is making him sign a consent form that if he doesn't and he gets sick, too bad for him.

My husband gets free flu shots at work, so this year he was chatting with the woman who was giving him his shot, and she said that she gets her flu shot every year, and she would no way, get this swine flu vaccine. In her eyes, way too risky. Now that is from someone giving shots every day to the public!

As far as watching the news, the vaccine they have made has not been tested all that much, and they are selling it all around the world. The company that made it said there hasn't been that much testing done on it. There are pregnant women and others that are getting the shot now so they can see how it turns out. Nice!

Personally, I don't want my family or myself to be a guinea pig for this project, I would much rather get the swine, hopefully in its mild form, and move on.

Wishing everyone a healthy winter season!

Latest posts

Back