Table lamp that doesnt cure Shellac/uv products (or at least cures LESS)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottishjoy

Reaction score
arrrrrrrrrg bloomin nightmare!

So i've been using my wee handy clip on lamp for my nail table just to tide me over.. its got a daylight bulb in it.. yes i know i'm a total idiot..

Well my shellac top coat has gone all thick in the bottle and started to cure slightly round the inside of the neck. I know its completely my own fault. what a nightmare! Sorry i'm rambling lol

So basically i was wondering if anyone could recommened a good table lamp thats not too cumbersome that preferably clips on to the table.. but if it doesnt it really doesnt matter at this point in time.. any help appreciated!

:hug::Love:

arrrrrrrrrg bloomin nightmare!

So i've been using my wee handy clip on lamp for my nail table just to tide me over.. its got a daylight bulb in it.. yes i know i'm a total idiot..

Well my shellac top coat has gone all thick in the bottle and started to cure slightly round the inside of the neck. I know its completely my own fault. what a nightmare! Sorry i'm rambling lol

I use a daylight lamp and it has never cured my shellac..

So basically i was wondering if anyone could recommened a good table lamp thats not too cumbersome that preferably clips on to the table.. but if it doesnt it really doesnt matter at this point in time.. any help appreciated!

:hug::Love:

Are you working in direct sunlight from a window or do you have your shellac bottles on the table too near to the U.V lamp as I have never heard or experienced a daylight lamp curing shellac.
The only thing that will cure shellac is U.V.
I use the daylight portable twist lamp small enough to take with me but big and sturdy enough to do the job I need it for.
Jen xxx

Ekkk, sorry I don't have an answer for you but I'm so glad I read your post as I have a natural light I just bought for doing nails as I was having real problems with my sight (also got new glasses it was that bad, my sight got twice as bad in under three months! as my last test was Dec 2010).

I'm going to be getting Shellac in when I pass my CND course (fingers, toes, legs and everthing crossed) and I would not have even thought about the lamp being able to effect the Shellac or brisa gel. I'm going to have to find a way around this problem as I really can not afford another lamp right now on top of everything else I still have to get in (Lamp I've just got was £50). I was so concened about getting one that did not give off much heat but was going to help with my eyes, it never crossed my mind about the UV issue:eek:

Don't panic lunarstorm cos I could be completely wrong (it wouldn't be the first time haha)

Thanks Jenn, I'm not keeping it in sunlight.. Its usually in a dark drawer or on my table which is away from the daylight completely. I had read in doug schoons book that bulbs that mimic daylight produce more uv light than a halogen bulb or the like and therefore more likely to cure uv products. I sincerely hope that this isn't what's happened and perhaps I'm just being paranoid ?!

x

Ekkk, sorry I don't have an answer for you but I'm so glad I read your post as I have a natural light I just bought for doing nails as I was having real problems with my sight (also got new glasses it was that bad, my sight got twice as bad in under three months! as my last test was Dec 2010).

I'm going to be getting Shellac in when I pass my CND course (fingers, toes, legs and everthing crossed) and I would not have even thought about the lamp being able to effect the Shellac or brisa gel. I'm going to have to find a way around this problem as I really can not afford another lamp right now on top of everything else I still have to get in (Lamp I've just got was £50). I was so concened about getting one that did not give off much heat but was going to help with my eyes, it never crossed my mind about the UV issue:eek:

As I previously posted, I have been using my shellac since last may and using 2 daylight lamps one my portable twist and the other my desk lamp with a daylight energy saving bulb in it. The only time I have ever experienced a problem is when the sunlight has streamed in through the window onto the bottle on m desk never with the lamps themselves.
Jen xx

Don't panic lunarstorm cos I could be completely wrong (it wouldn't be the first time haha)

Thanks Jenn, I'm not keeping it in sunlight.. Its usually in a dark drawer or on my table which is away from the daylight completely. No I meant the uv light source Ie shellac lamp, if the bottle is near that when you are using the product the rays that come out from the lamp can cure it on the bottle lid.

I had read in doug schoons book that bulbs that mimic daylight produce more uv light than a halogen bulb or the like and therefore more likely to cure uv products. I sincerely hope that this isn't what's happened and perhaps I'm just being paranoid ?!

x
You dont have to be keeping it in sunlight hun, if any sunlight comes through the window and happens to fall on the bottle for just a few seconds it will start to cure even while you are working with it.
Jen xx

Hi there - I have a portable Daylight Lamp + to date have had no problems (am using Bio Sculpture) xxx:hug:

As I previously posted, I have been using my shellac since last may and using 2 daylight lamps one my portable twist and the other my desk lamp with a daylight energy saving bulb in it. The only time I have ever experienced a problem is when the sunlight has streamed in through the window onto the bottle on m desk never with the lamps themselves.
Jen xx

Thanks, good to know.

I must have hit enter just after your did as your post was not these when I started writing mine :lol:

Hello everyone :)

I have just finished a horrible set of french, luckily it was just for practise. I noticed that the Cream Puff was harder than ever to apply as I worked with it. My first reaction was that my desk lamp was the problem and took it partly away. But the problem did not stop. Now as I read about most of you never experienced this before, I must suspect the place of my Brisa lamp. It was standing approximately two hands away and a bit turned so I could see some of the blue light :rolleyes:

It is funny how the most natural reasons doesn't come to me immedietly... :biggrin:

I don't know if this is similar but the other day I was using bio sculpture and I had some gel left on my brush to touch up setting rhinestones in pedicure . I layer my brush down for maximum 2 mins and the full Irish had hardened where a slight bit of sunlight was shining through the blinds !! Me and my mum were gobsmacked , gel remover took it off fine but for the length of time the brush was there! Goes to show brittish sun is very damaging :p lol !!! Xx

I am probably wrong, but aren't the bottles made as they are to protect them from accidental curing by daylight/sunlight?

When I use salons for treatments, all of their manicure tables are right next to windows, presumably because they need the light.

I would really appreciate some confirmation on storing and showcasing Shellac as my room is very bright and sunny. :lol:

I am probably wrong, but aren't the bottles made as they are to protect them from accidental curing by daylight/sunlight?
Yes they are, but when applying the materials it is exposed to all kind of lights that is in the area. And if the accident is for a longer time or stronger lights, I don't think the bottles are able to protect.

When I use salons for treatments, all of their manicure tables are right next to windows, presumably because they need the light.
I have never heard of the need of light as a reason to the tables location. But it is an excellent way to show potential costumers that mani services is offered. That is what I was thinking when I rented a space a couple of years ago :)

I would really appreciate some confirmation on storing and showcasing Shellac as my room is very bright and sunny.
Though I am not an expert I do think that the the products ultimate environment are a cooler and darker place if you want to get the best out of the often expensive materials.

I would like to know if the daylight lamp could cure shellac or brisa as i purposely dont use my lamp just in case it might!

Well i took the plunge and have used my daylight lamp whilst applying shellac and brisa and it was fine the only difference was i could see a lot better, ha ha x

Well i took the plunge and have used my daylight lamp whilst applying shellac and brisa and it was fine the only difference was i could see a lot better, ha ha x

I think my problem was that I was leaving open bottles directly under my light. I've changed my technique and the situations resolved :)

Latest posts

Back