Table - What one!? Heeellp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prosperity

Reaction score
I am currently training and want to practise, practise, practise but my dining room table is very uncomfortable and impossible to work at so want to purchse a table that will see me thorugh to when I am up and running and earning an honest bob.

The thing is what table shall I get?? I have been on every possible website and also seen other posts about furniture but still not sure.

I feel I want something that will be set up at home whem I am working from home and then when I go out mobile will do the same job. Can also then fold up when not working.

The Kayline one is on offer at the moment at Sallys - is this any good (fold legs, one drawer - £47.99)?

Is it worth spending the extra on the mobile REM one?

There is one on Ebay at the moment that is wider at each end with a drawer in the middle - any good? I couldnt find the Healthlife one that has been mentioned on this site anywhere.

I want to get something now that will last me a while opposed to spending out twice or more. I also want to get it right first time.

I really would appreciate all your experts help on this one as its a minefield.

Thanks in advance
Mxx

until you find what you are looking for...use an ironing board to tide you over at home for practicing. adjustable height and easily folds away...

i also use ironing board, its fab!! he he

xx

Yes I agree with Tickled Pink! This was suggested to me and I use mine (the
ironing board) all the time it's fantastic, it's free & 99% of people have one at home - so no more awkward tables!

Save your money for something else. :biggrin:

Yep, an ironing board is a good substitute whilst you're on the look out for something more permanent.

mstern said:
I am currently training and want to practise, practise, practise but my dining room table is very uncomfortable and impossible to work at so want to purchse a table that will see me thorugh to when I am up and running and earning an honest bob.

The thing is what table shall I get?? I have been on every possible website and also seen other posts about furniture but still not sure.

I feel I want something that will be set up at home whem I am working from home and then when I go out mobile will do the same job. Can also then fold up when not working.

The Kayline one is on offer at the moment at Sallys - is this any good (fold legs, one drawer - £47.99)?

Is it worth spending the extra on the mobile REM one?

There is one on Ebay at the moment that is wider at each end with a drawer in the middle - any good? I couldnt find the Healthlife one that has been mentioned on this site anywhere.

I want to get something now that will last me a while opposed to spending out twice or more. I also want to get it right first time.

I really would appreciate all your experts help on this one as its a minefield.

Thanks in advance
Mxx
I am so with you on this.
I looked at that table that sallies and my chap told me to forget it for what it was made off the price is far too high...and its on wheels that don't lock - that could be fun on laminate floor!!

Now the one on the REM web site (but not in the brochure I requesteed :confused: ) us gorgeous - but the best price i have been quoted is £130 + VAT but again this is a lot of money (or 8 full sets) The REM Mobile Desk does look far more rigid and pretty but its soooo soooo expensive for me right now....

In the interim I am too using an ironing board if needed on any mobile appointments...

I use a fold out table with one drawer, But find that most clients do have a table so don't use it that much. I wouldn't spend a fortune on one :wink2:

i have a little table that i take with me, just in case they dont do ironing, it is a white picknick tabel from argos, it was 9.99 and it folds. it is light weight and just the job. cheep and cheerful...xxx

Ironing board's good - you have the length to spread all your stuff as well.

Hi
You lot are a god send, just this morning bought that table from sally's and had now rung them and returning it on friday. as the ironing board a fab idea.
Thank you for being so helpful
C*

i have always used an ironing board- a good tip though is to get an elasticated 1 size fits all jml cover (wikos or woollys) so you dont get dust or any spillages on their cover, it also means you can keep it clean cus they are easy wash! because the surface is a bit squidgy i find it useful to have a wipable plastic place matt under liquid and powder etc as its more stirdy, you can get some realy nice ones from tesco with flowers etc for only about 70p

michelle xxx

I got a fold up table from a local camping shop, legs come off and fold up scissor fashion and clip underneath the table top, fitted in the boot of my mini and only cost £15!! still good after nearly 3 years too so cant be bad! lol x

You can transform the humble ironing board that your clients will pull out for you, by covering it in lovely white towels. Thats what I always did and it immediately transformed it into a proper nail station, once you get all your kit out and set up it really looks the biz.

Thanks for that, was just worried an ironing board wouldnt look right but if you lot all do it then it must be fine. At the moment i dont want to be toally mobile and will have people to me more as using the conservatory so evetually assume I will have to have some sort of table here opposed to using my ironing board?

Whilst practising I will use my ironing board then and cover it with big white towel. I am just so impatient and want everything NOW and to look right - will have to take a chill pill!

What about chairs though? I saw a posture one on wheels for sale in Argos that looked good - what do you think? Then what should I put client on as my dining room chairs arent the right height even whilst training.

Sorry for all these questions.

Thanks
Shelly

Hi

Slightly off topic here but about the conservatory bit.. do be cautious as the temperature can rise dramatically in a consi and this can cause problems for you with L+P and also with gel (light levels!) Just a thought blinds are a necessity.

Hiya

I put an ad on geekbay recently for a friend of mine who sells the folding manicure tables for £35 + £15 p+p.

If you would like more info please email [email protected] he has also recently got in the deluxe portable tables for £39.99.

I can highly recomended them, not just because he has become a good friend but that i couldn't live without mine!

Please feel free to email him and he will email you back pictures and details.

Please tell him in the email that you got his details from Taz on the geek site as he is offering this deal to geeks only.

Hope this helps?
Taz x

thanks for the contact will email him now.

Also about the conservatory - i did think of that and will see how it goes. We have blinds all the way round and as it has a glass roof we have had a special lining proffesionally put up to reflect the heat.

I think I am just going to have to see how it goes in the summer - if it doesnt work out will have to move to another room or get some sort of air con.

On chairs - gas lift swivel chairs in argos are only £14.99 - would two of these be ok (one for me one for client?). Or I was thiking of the back chair for me 617/9454 from argos.

What would I do without this site!?

Shelly x

the posture chair sounds good for you when your at home but it would be difficult to take to clients houses, its realy hard to be patient (im terrible, i must resist the urge!) with the things you want especially when it comes to it looking lovely, just try and resist the temptation until you've made 'yourself' a bit of money, and when you've made a bit of profit the new desk will be your reward :biggrin:
as for chairs for clients have you looked on the ikea website things tend to be dead cheap and have a sleak design.
your clients realy wont mind what you do their nails on as long as its clean hygenic and their nails look good when your done :)
good luck xx

I've got mine portable table from Costco it was £20 but it is more stylish and useful than a picnic table when u go on mobile.Also I've got plastic draws from Ikea it was £13

Latest posts

Back