Taking 2 hrs and lack of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.adamson

Reaction score
My confidence has taken a bashing of late due to a very soor client who complained the nails fell of after a few days, I took too long to do them, they were not like her previous tech etc etc. So after politly explaining to the customer I would rather take my time and they be of good quality than rush and her be unsatisfied, if they were a problem I was happy to see them and sort out any issues. The client came with a full set applied and when I asked her she said that mine were not as thick as before so she went back to her old to sort mine out!!! Thanked me for the service and left.

Then a colleague at work nagged me to do hers for christmas and as I didnt want to disapoint her I agreed and was shocked to see that it takes me nearly 2 hrs, and I have been sat waiting for the phone to ring all evening, and hoping they are still alright next week. Am now wondering why I agreed as i still have to work with her until have built up client base a bit more

Arghhhh - sorry its a bit long had to share it. Thanks

If you are confident with your quality of work then don't worry. Client's will come back if they enjoy what they have had. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. It takes time to build a business.After all Rome wasn't built in a day. LoL

hi hun

I think everyone at some stage takes a confidence bashing, timings come with practice. sometimes i take two hours if im gassing away to clients, even now after every set I worry...... not that they are gonna lift but that the client doesnt like them. but they always come back gushing that they love them

keep your chin up hun im sure your nails are lush x

2 hours? Wow, when I started it took me much longer. As the others have posted, keep your confidence.
I've learned to never let my client leave until their nails are something I would be happy to wear myself.
Your timing will work itself out, in time. Don't be so hard on yourself.:hug:

There is nothing worse than trying to live up to "my last girl". Sometimes no matter what you do they just don't want to be happy. They want a reason to go back to their "last girl". Why did she come to you if she liked her old tech? Maybe her last girl got tired of HER. It takes time to get fast and I get more referals from the quality work than I do from the speedy work. Good customer service and quality work command the highest wage and the most loyal clients.

i wouldnt worry about it too much. i did a full set of gels 2 weeks ago and when she came in for a fill i had to do a whole new set on her right hand. lol. i take about 2 hours to do nails too. when i was done she couldnt stop telling me how awesome her nails were. that really boosted my confidence. it just takes time. itll work.

Try not to let it get you down, every tech must have gone thru these stages - I personally find it a rollercoaster most of the time and I've been doing them for 4yrs now.

I still have days when I think I take too long, lack confidence in what I've done and constantly worry about what clients think.

But then there are other times when a client comes back full of love for what I've done, recommends me to friends and family and doenst have a chip or break in sight. Then Im on cloud9 and I know Im OK at what I do.

Stick with it and just remember its all about tiny steps not giant leaps.

Karaxxx

I took a lot longer than 2 hours when I first started and had a few disasters. But with regular clients who will give you a fair trial you will get there. I had one lady who had acrylic to start they were a disaster so I said to her how about trying Gel, she did and we had several weeks where she'd lose one etc ...now after persiverence we have success and shes fine no problems. Just remember everyones nails are different and react differently to products it all trial and error till you find the correct balance for your client.
Keep your chin up, you'll get there

The Nail Rooms:hug:

hi hun
sometimes i take two hours if im gassing away to clients, even now after every set I worry...... not that they are gonna lift but that the client doesnt like them. but they always come back gushing that they love them
x

Me too I love to chat away to my clients if they have time and they dont mind at all. Dont be worrying just move onto the next UNDERSTANDING client.

I find that trying to know your tip sizes well, applying and blending in no more than 30 mins helps my students cut down timewise.

i take about two hours too hon, dont let her destroy your confidence, i had an episode last week with one of my regulars and got really disheartened but decided that i was not gonna let it bother me as i love what i do xx

Im the same doll. about two hrs but like everyone says the quality is what clients look for and keeps them coming back.. xx

Latest posts

Back