Taking clients for granted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
Just had to share this, today I had a new client come to me for a manicure and pedicure, she was an older lady 73, as we chatted she said that she had been going to a salon for about 15years and felt guilty for being with me but she felt she was being taken for granted at her usual salon, rushed and treatments cut short, called a lot to rearrange and didn't feel she was getting a good job done anymore.
It made me think ! No way do I want that to be one of my ladies that I have seen for years, I know it wouldn't happen, I hope I always give every client the best service possible.
Just a warning !
Quite sad really x

I've gained regular clients because of this. 1 lady has alzheimers and her daughter brings her to give them both a break. 1 salon used to do her a top end facial (which she can't remember) and charge a fortune every week, another cut her time short every week. I take my time with her and treat her as I hope someone would treat my Mum.
You won't go far wrong with your attitude. Well done you.

I just cant get my head around why people want to treat their elders badly. I feel everyone should remember that our parents, grand parents etc etc looked after us, dealt with our dirty nappies etc and now they just want to be respected and treated nicely. They dont ask that much of us. Please treat them nicely and dont take the P... because if I see it happen, I WILL let you know.

Treat others as you would be expected to be treated. It's a simple attitude but one that works. Would you want a service cut short when it cost you money? Would you want a half assed job done? Would you be happy betting poor customer service and would you want a salon to expect you to put up and shut up because you have been regular for a long time?

Think of the experience YOU would want, not what you think a client would want and transfer it to what you give a client. There's also the mother system, treat everyone like you would expect your mother to be treated.

Regardless if they know they had a service done 10 minutes later, it's the experience at that time that matters not what the client remembers.

Now work your charm, be your usual great self and I think we should all remember the failings of this salon to make sure we keep the people who keep us going happy. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back