Taking off the shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perls Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I apologise in advance for what couold be a bit of a blonde question.............. but...........

I know I was taught to remove shine on tips when I did my training but is it absolutely necessary to remove the shine from tips for L&P application? I know it is definitely for gel, but just wonder if L&P would be such a potential problem.

I have just done a new set on a client with french tips and due to other commitments I haven't done a sculpted set in a while so went down the tip route with this lady but completely forgot to remove shine from the tips - doh!!!

They looked great and all seem to be sealed well, but I am now really worried they will all peel!?!!??!?!?!?! :sad:

Any comments/advice ??

When doing tips you should be removing shine and also thinning down the tip as it is the product which gives strength and you dont want a thick old tip on there (not that tips are really that thick, but hopefully you get the gist)

How could you remove the shine from the natural nail but leave shine on the tip?

When doing tips you should be removing shine and also thinning down the tip as it is the product which gives strength and you dont want a thick old tip on there (not that tips are really that thick, but hopefully you get the gist)

How could you remove the shine from the natural nail but leave shine on the tip?

I took the shine off the natural nail prior to applying the tips.

Then I shaped the side walls and thinned and shaped the free edge so there was a bit of filing to the tips but not all over............. hope that makes sense?!

If it is any consolation, you are not alone, I have just done exactly the same thing. I am still practicing on people and have just done my friends with white tips. I didn't take off the shine either. I am really worried now that they will peel. :sad:

I never removed the shine from natural or clear tips and NONE of the sets I have done have peeled. So dont worry.
x

I am with Fi on this one, it gives better adhesion and also thins the tip, have forgotten a few times and not been shot for it but its still advisable.

Latest posts

Back