Taking way too long!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minximirsy

Reaction score
Hi there I am only doing nails a few wks do far and am taking at least 3 hrs (if not more) to do a full set of gels with embedded design, I feel I should be going way faster by now and am feeling really disheartened! Don't want to keep my clients so long but also want to make sure I do the best possible job, are there any tips for going faster? Please, xxx thanks so much

I'm new to nails too and I'm taking 2 1/2 hrs to do a set of forever French gels. I feel the same as you hun but we will get quicker with practise :hug:

I am also new and it takes me about 2 hours to do a full set of just l&p. Add in a lot of design work and my client is with me for quite awhile.

I was also stressed about the same thing. But now I just tell myself that I will get better and quicker with time, so I try not to let it get to me. I make sure to let new clients know that it does take a bit longer than what they would consider the "norm". Then I don't feel overly pressured while working.

I wish I could give advice, but all I have is practice, practice, practice! :)

I wish you the best!

i used to take forever ! i just explained to my clients that i had just qualified and too create beautiful nails it will take a little longer, all my clients understood and were very supportive. if you worked on a till say in a supermarket at first you are slower than a tortoise but with practice and repetition you soon get the hang of it and get quicker, obv working a till is easier than doing nails (in my opinion) but you get my drift! your doing well taking your time and personally i think thats a far better thing to hear from a fellow nail tech whos newly qualified than hearing it only took an hour!!! keep at it your doing fantastic! xx:D

Please dont worry about your times. At your stage of training, 3 hrs or thereabouts is about right. The important thing is to concentrate on is the quality of your work, and speed will come with practice. If you focus on getting your time down, you will cut corners and generally not do as good a job as you are able, and while you are still learning thats the biggest mistake you could make.

It now takes me about 1 hour for a natural set 1 hr 15 to 1hr 30 for a pink & white set, and up to 2 hours for glitter/design work. I know other techs can work quicker but I have no complaints because my customers are happy with the quality of my work, which lets face it is what they are there for, some even say they like it because they feel pampered. I have been qualified for 5 years so dont worry it doesnt take forever. If you are worried just explain to your client that your prefer to take your time and do the job to a high standard rather than rush it, I guarantee they will appreciate it.

Good luck with the rest of your training :D

Latest posts

Back