Tan advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
Hiya, I did a spray tan on one of my regulars Thursday evening, she has had tans before with no problems.
I got a text tonight saying its gone patchy over her face back and legs, its my first complaint in just under 2 years of tanning. The colour looked fine when I sprayed her and I always double check after I spray anyway that nowhere looks a bit dodgy.
I have offered to go round Monday afternoon to look myself as I have seen a picture online of her on Saturday and it looks fine, I am waiting to hear back.
I am quite confident its not my tanning, do I offer a discount off next tan if it is patchy as good will?
Sorry for long post! Lol.

Kayleigh xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Hey hun, Id definately recomend seeing what her tan looks like just to see if shes having you on. Firstly her face might have gone patchy due to products she uses? Was she wearing any moisturisers/makeup maybe.. Or she might not have exfoliated it? If its patchy on her back then id probs say thats down to not exfoliating as i find some of my clients complain about this but they've said themself they didnt exfoliate there back. Im not sure why it would be patchy on her legs though? Maybe she didnt exfoliate at all.. I think its very nice of you to offer a discount for the next tan if its patchy as its probably there fault it was patchy in the first place!!

did she follow the pre and after care? I'm thinking maybes not lol perhaps conditioner not washed off properly after shower (before tan) or not the recommended body wash or moisturiser, I always tell clients to wash hair before they exfoliate and wash body thm wash body again just with water to make sure all residue is off even with recommended body wash :D If you have not had any problems so far I would not be offereing a discount!
Also could be medication, or could she be pregnant? xx

same thing happened to me luckly it was a friends tan I had done:lol: Anyway took faketan back to fakebake turn's out it was the faketan & not me:smack: I would try some on a friend just to make sure the faketans not off :cry:

I've used that bottle of tan plenty of times so I'm confident its not that. I asked her 3 times about going over to see her Monday and hasn't answered my question so somethin tells me she is pulling a fast one?
I am confident with tanning and this is my first complaint so it shocked me a bit, but if she does reply and say yes I will go look and ask few more questions :)
Thank you both so much..can always rely on you all to help!

Kayleigh xx

Oops, not thanks both of you, all of you! Sorry! Lol...
Thanks again..will update if anything comes of Monday :)

Kayleigh xx

shes well at it love, if the tan was so bad she would have come back to you next day, no way would anyone go out with a dodgy looking tan lol Even if she does agree to let you see it, do not back down no discount! nice but firm works everytime :)
I had a regular party client contact me after last tanning party all of them had patchy tans that had faded fast so major panic! contacted another client tanned on same day her tan is perfect, the girl the next day perfect hmmmm confidence back asked client if they had all followed pre & after care which I go over even if client is a regular, turns out they had all used moisturisers with oil in, and not recommend shower gel..........lesson learned by cleints lovely girls too and not a hint of can I get a free tan lol xx

Yeah I completely understand..I have pre and aftercare leaflets which she has had so no excuses really lol. Best I be firm, I guess it sounds as if I'm taking the blame if I offer discount, will just explain everything again clearly if she ever gets back to me, which I'm doubtful that she will to be honest! Probably panicing that I'm gonna see, or annoyed at the fact I said the picture on facebook showed her face looked fine from the photo..who knows! Hope that it does get resolved though anyway.
Thank you for your help :)
Kayleigh xx

Still no reply but more pics from that night uploaded..tan looks great!
Bound to get clients like this, hope she does return for treatments again to be honest, but will be wary of what is said after about tans or treatments!

Kayleigh xx

Still no reply but more pics from that night uploaded..tan looks great!
Bound to get clients like this, hope she does return for treatments again to be honest, but will be wary of what is said after about tans or treatments!

Kayleigh xx

Lmao! What a suprise.. Ive had a few like this complaining of there tans being streaky ..then bumped into them out on a friday night with there tans looking lovely!! Funny girls, they always come back for more tans though! xx

Yeah she is quite a regular anyway for other beauty treatments too so I'm quite sure she will be back as had no problems before lol.
Thanks hun for your help x

Latest posts

Back