Tan client unhappy, my fault??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Ballerina

Reaction score
Hi.
I sprayed a woman with fake bake original at 7pm last night.
She called during the day and I explained about exfoliating (non oily, pref exfo glove) and nothing on the skin (my explanation was more thorough)
I applied barrier cream to hands elbows, feet & knees.
Treatment went well, client happy.
Today she came in unannounced and unfortunately I was with another client so I couldn't help her there and then.
She showed me her tanned palms and I said that was from touching her body and had warned against it.
Her hands wrists are v dark and she said her ankles are too (but was wearing knee highs)
I said I had some exfoliator she could take to correct these areas and she said 'I'm not paying £25 for a bad tan to be given exfoliator I want a refund' I said id like to look at the rest of the tan as my thoughts are these drier areas that hadn't been exfoliated.

Ive booked her a 1/2 slot fri to investigate as I was with someone at the time.

It's not about money but I don't want to refund if I'm not in the wrong. My feelings are she has pretty dry skin all over (she said in consultation she is a bit dry) and didn't exfoliate as far as ankles and wrists so there was a build up of dry skin and so darker areas.

I was thinking maybe get her on the couch and exfoliate any areas that need it and moisturise all over, and if that doesn't work then refund, or refund half, or do I just refund and get it over with?

As an after thought I thought maybe there was guide colour still there?

Also the darker areas were a bit orange and so did her face I've been using fake bake about 18 months, lots of loyal clients and not one complaint. I've never come across any orange before, why do u think this has happened (I could only see her face and hands)

So what do you think I should do?
And why would it seem orange if fb never has before?

I am really upset after this and shaking (silly i know) not had a complaint in 3 years.

Gxxxxx

I am thinking she may not have washed it off properly, it is very odd that she has had this happen as its obviously not your technique. was it a new bottle of solution that you used? maybe it is a dodgy bottle? I personally would not offer a refund, I would probably offer to respray her as a gesture of goodwill and try to even her out a bit. I am sure by Friday she will have washed again and it should be better?? Sorry I don't feel I have been much help!!

unless you have oversprayed the areas (which I doubt you did :)I'm guessing you pulled back a bit on these bits?) no way would I giver her a refund if she has not followed your pre care advice its her own fault! hth xx

If she is only 'orange' in certain areas then she obviously has drier skin there and needed to exfoliate more (which she may not have known, but then neither would you).
If a slight orange tinge all over then maybe the % was too dark for her.
If you feel that you did all you could to advise her then do not offer a refund as this shows that you feel you have done something wrong.
Either offer a free tan as a gesture of goodwill or another treatment explaining that she needs to exfoliate more thoroughly in her drier areas.

Latest posts

Back