Tan patchy on legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
I've just done my crazy angel spray tan training.
I had my first tan client in the salon yesterday, all looked fine. She has come back today to say the tan is patchy on her bottom half only and she's not happy.
I followed everything I'd learnt in training and used 9% on her. She is an older lady with quite dry skin but I used wing smoother on the knees and feet. She said she followed aftercare.
She's coming back in about an hour and I said I'd respray her legs. Is this the best thing to do for her?
Any reason why this would have happened? It wasn't really covered in training.
Feeling disheartened [emoji17]
Thanks!

I've just done my crazy angel spray tan training.
I had my first tan client in the salon yesterday, all looked fine. She has come back today to say the tan is patchy on her bottom half only and she's not happy.
I followed everything I'd learnt in training and used 9% on her. She is an older lady with quite dry skin but I used wing smoother on the knees and feet. She said she followed aftercare.
She's coming back in about an hour and I said I'd respray her legs. Is this the best thing to do for her?
Any reason why this would have happened? It wasn't really covered in training.
Feeling disheartened [emoji17]
Thanks!

If it's gone patchy it could be from her not prepping properly maybe doing hair removal after which some do. If it had gone streaky that would be down to your application or possibly if the client has done hair removal AFTER! Which some stupidly do no matter how many times you relay the pre tan advice and aftercare if it's patchy it's normally something on there skin that's acted as a barrier unless they have very dry patchy skin? I wouldn't worry too much I would just re spray when she comes back. If it was down to your application shed likely be patchy all over!

I agree with the above post.
Did she exfoliate before you sprayed her?
Did she have any lotion or moisturiser on?
Did she use bar soap instead of liquid soap when she had her shower?
Did she pat her skin dry or wipe her skin dry with the towel?
Patches usually indicate the client hasnt followed your pre and post care advice. I would offer to do her legs again but id be telling her to remove the left over tan on her legs otherwise it will look uneven. Perhaps give her a dry body brush treatment before spraying her to ensure the dead skin cells have been removed properly. Also go through homecare advice or give her a honecare advice leaflet to ensure she gets a longer lasting tan

Thank you.
She was a walk up client so most likely didn't do any skin prep.
I gave her all the aftercare. The lady said she'd come back to be resprayed but didn't show up. I'm nervous she might come back later and ask for a refund instead. I've advised my colleagues not to give her one as I offered to fix it.

I would like to know if she removed hair etc but as she didn't come back it's difficult [emoji17]

The fact she didn't come back I'd say she's missed her chance of having it rectified or arguing her case which also suggests it probably wasn't quite as she made out. If she turns up I'd say there is now nothing you can do due to the time passed but as a gesture of goodwill give her a % off another tan.

Latest posts

Back