Tan solution change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleighthae

Reaction score
I am looking for a new tanning solution to use on my clients, I trained with Sienna X, but I find that the solution is too expensive for someone starting out their mobile business. My local beauty store is Capital, so I am looking for something from there.
I have looked into it and have found either crazy angel or sunless solution, but not sure which one to pick!!
Hope you can help!!! xxx

La tan all the way, or suntana x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, Im afraid I cannot comment on what Capital stocks, but as a little bit of extra advice, have you considered Nouvatan?
www.nouvatan.co.uk is the direct link if you want to have a peek.
Huge colour range, and the delivery is free on orders over £90 or its only £7 for less. You may spend this on petrol travelling to and from Capital. If you order before 2/3 pm (not 100% sure) delivery is the next day, its a fantastic first class service in every way, always got stock, always reliable.
You can even order a sample range to help your decision making....they cant do enough to help and support you! Best of luck, :biggrin:

Nouvatan is most like sienna x we swapped ours and no one has complained however when we swapped to crazy angel clients didn't like that one. However I love LA tan x

I've tried them all and Nouvatan is the best colour, fade off and customer service.

St tropez all the way!! Iv used suntana hated it!! Also used white to brown that was nice! But I use st tropez now I love it never had one complaint from a customer! Iv seen la tans and they always look orange to me?! 😕 xx

Australian gold, great, never used anything else! X

Sunless solutions for me! I used to use Sienna which was popular but when I tried SS I found the clients liked it just as much!!

Sunescape is a nice tan.

I've used my Nouvatan samples and they are all fabulous colours! I'm in love with all of them! I will be ordering the 20% and a 12% or 14% I want to get a lighter one aswell should I get the 6% or 8%? What do you think would be more popular?

Hi, Lovely to hear you love them. If you are starting out and watching your budget, may I advise you don't buy 14%. 20 and 12% yes and for your lighter colour an 8%. To begin with these are the perfect, I do 12 and 20 shades than others. BUT you can also mix to cater for other skin tones. For EX; 20+12% (50% of each) = 16%
20+8% (50% of each) = 14%
12+8%= 10%
So, you can easily make up 100/200ml of these colours in advance or as and when you consult with clients and feel confident to offer other shades if needed. I do stock 6% but rarely use it, the 8% is delicate enough to offer a beautiful, natural glow even on fair skin tones which don't tan. All the best lyn x

sorry I meant I tan with more 12 and 20% shades than any of the others.

You can also offer the 'rapid tan' treatment if you buy 20%. By leaving it on the skin between 1 and 4 hours, the customer can control and decide on the final colour of tan they want. I love this method as I tan very easily and quickly, even though I am a very pale natural complexion. By applying 20% and leaving it on for 45 mins - 1 hour, this produces a beautiful natural colour and leaves plenty of time to work! x

Awsome! Thankyou so much for your reply! Very informative! I'll definately buy the shades you recommend I planned to buy the 20% for the purpose of rapid tan so it's nice to see that they can be mixed as some brands advise against it 👍

lovely , the team at Nouvatan Dawn, Sarah, etc will all give you honest advise if you need any extra info on shades and mixing. Its a very versatile tanning range, you wont get any problems x

I ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423855006.761699.jpg

Fake bake 60 minutes is my choice, lovely colour. X

Customers who are on a budget go for our Tandare and EGO range!!!

You can look up the reviews for Tandare on Salon Geek!!!

Everyone has their own preference so call around a few suppliers and test them out for yourself to see what works best for you.

Good Luck :biggrin:

Thanks everyone!! xx

fake bake,novatan,tandare bla bla bla ..each to there own and will recommend what they specifically like or suits them or there specific business

the real acid test is to
1) have a look around the other operators and see whats on offer locally...then go out and use something completely different that sets you apart from your local competition and enables you to charge a "premium rate"

2) go for a brand /price band that suits your specific salon style..if your a spray em and move onto the next one at a bucket price type of set up ..well go for the cheaper brands...if your a top end salon with a top end price structure then you need to go with a brand that enables you to do this

all simples but good luck with your business :wink2::Love:

Latest posts

Back