Tanning a nervous bride

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray tan jane

Reaction score
I've just been out to tan a bride. She thought I used sienna but I told her I've been using LA tan for 3 years. She was super nervous as she said every spray tan she's had has made her go orange except sienna. I assured her LA will not turn her orange and gave her a light tan, much lighter than I would normally as she'd made me nervous by this point [emoji15]. She loved the end result but has yet to wash it off. I hope she's happy !! Has anyone else had an experience like this?

You should have had a consultation tan first... To see if she likes then tanned her for her wedding...
You can't really assure her it won't go orange as everybody's skin is different, I've used tan in the past that promised no orange and it turned me orange!

LA golden range and fast tan are orange on me but the brown range is nice

Yes I've heard this. I only use the 12 brown and 14 disco.

I haven't heard from her so I'm assuming she's happy. I think if skin is really pale and is tanned with a dark tan that's when it can go orange.

Going "orange" is more to do with the tan used than the clients skin, in my experience. For example the tan I use is green based therefore gives a natural golden tan with no "orange" in sight!

I've been reading about the green or violet based solutions. I want to know which ones are green based ( if LA tan is green based, as I use that one).

It's weird cause I have a client who likes to be sprayed twice... she claims she goes darker but I don't think it would make a difference?

I sometimes go over them twice and I always do the face twice. I definitely think it makes them darker.

I always spray twice. 2 light sprays but I agree it is darker.

Going "orange" is more to do with the tan used than the clients skin, in my experience. For example the tan I use is green based therefore gives a natural golden tan with no "orange" in sight!
I've had tans that look lovely on my clients and orange on me.
I've been trying Suntana v (violet) for a couple of weeks as my cheaper tan and I'm loving it so far.

I love LA but when I get low on stock I'm going to order some nouvatan as I'm reading good stuff about that.

I always wondered why Kim K always gets sprayed like ten times... But most people on here think two sprays doesn't go darker. How long do you leave between sprays?

Tan once all over then go round again. It definitely makes it darker as my fella sprayed my face too much and it went really dark.

I always wondered why Kim K always gets sprayed like ten times... But most people on here think two sprays doesn't go darker. How long do you leave between sprays?

If you spray a person twice then, of course, it will make both the initial guide colour and the final tan darker. If you you use say, a 10% solution for the first tan, and then spray again with 10% you have put 20% dha on the skin and it will not only exceed the EU limit of 14% dha but be darker both initially and in the end result. If that was not the case why would there be different strengths of solutions.
There is a train of though that a person will only go as dark as their skin will allow regardless of the percentage of dha used, that may be true in some cases, but certainly not the majority.
Any good quality solution only needs to be sprayed onto the client once if the correct percentage of dha in the solution is used for that client's skin colour, two coats will only make the client darker and waste solution.
Ambermist

Tan once all over then go round again. It definitely makes it darker as my fella sprayed my face too much and it went really dark.
My face goes hella dark! and my hands and elbows not matter how much I moisturize in the days before.

If you spray a person twice then, of course, it will make both the initial guide colour and the final tan darker. If you you use say, a 10% solution for the first tan, and then spray again with 10% you have put 20% dha on the skin and it will not only exceed the EU limit of 14% dha but be darker both initially and in the end result. If that was not the case why would there be different strengths of solutions.
There is a train of though that a person will only go as dark as their skin will allow regardless of the percentage of dha used, that may be true in some cases, but certainly not the majority.
Any good quality solution only needs to be sprayed onto the client once if the correct percentage of dha in the solution is used for that client's skin colour, two coats will only make the client darker and waste solution.
Ambermist

Most of the time I only do one for a client. I have really pale skin and use to use 12.5 but that made me look orange.
I love 10% I will do two coats on my legs they seem to only tan lightly, some people on here say that to go darker you've to Wash it of after 8 hours and reapply... I couldn't imagine 20% lol

I've just messaged the nervous bride who said that every tan solution except sienna 10% turned her orange. I only had LA 12% and assured her that she would not go orange. I tanned her lightly and tan looked fab . She said she would let me know how it turned out but she didn't. I was starting to panic so I just messaged her and ..... she absolutely loved it and sent me a pic . [emoji106]massive sigh of relief. LA does not turn people orange in my experience but I spose there's always a first time.

Latest posts

Back