Tanning help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thenailknack

Reaction score
Hi all I'm having issues with spraytans yet again. Just got a new batch of crazy angel tan,who I did my training with. First tan no issues second tan with the light tan and my client has sent me these photos. Let's just say she's not happy. Can anyone let me know if they think it's the guide tan that's not been washed off properly. There are drips on her hands and ankles that weren't there when I did the tan. She said she had a cold shower and did no scrubbing etc but I explained she needs to shower off the guide tan and then afterwards have like warm showers as I was told. Maybe I didn't explain it properly to her. I'd really appreciate some advice as it's leaving me too scared to tan anymore.
Screenshot_2017-10-09-16-25-00.png
Screenshot_2017-10-09-16-25-08.png

I really feel for you as I had issues like this a couple of times and it really knocks your confidence but please don't let it! A few questions to try and work out what's happened:

Did you apply barrier cream to her feet and / or sticky feet before spray tanning her?
Did she shower off the guide colour after the correct amount of time and did she shower until the water ran clear?
Did she sleep overnight with the tan developing? If so then some of it could be to do with parts of her body touching other areas where the tan was still developing
Had she exfoliated before her spray tan?
Did she wash her hair in the shower after the tan as the drip marks that you can see on the top of her back could be consistent with someone who washed their hair after a spray tan which I've been told is a big no-no.
Don't feel bad we've all had problem clients/tans like this but please don't let it put you off!!!

Hi!
Yes I used barrier cream on heels and around the toes side of bottom of feet elbows and knees. I also used sticky feet. She just said she had a cold shower and it ended up like this. She's no replying to my messages and I've tried to call her. She's just gone on holiday today so that might be why but I feel terrible. I made doubly sure when I left there were no drips anywhere I am really thougher like that and I dried her off and she waited 10 mins to put her robe on. She went to work though afterwards. To me it looks like she's got in the shower and the guide tan has ran down but it's not washed off. I'd just done a few really great tans and was getting confident and now this. She says it doesn't matter and wants to leave it there but that's no me I want happy clients that will come back

The tan on her foot is definitely where either dripping occurred and she stood on the floor of the tent with no sticky feet or barrier cream. There is no other reason for it.

Was your dial up too high? It honestly looks like dripping...

Maybe my dial was up to high then. I did use sticky feet but it can creep under as the curve of the foot leaves a gap I did also use barrier cream maybe I didn't use enough? I did check for dripping though and I honestly didn't see any. I do have quite a lot of dripping but I thought it was because I was too close which is what my trainer said I was doing but I didn't realise about turning the gun down I must have forgot that bit.thought it was the solution being more runny than others . Think I might start practising again until I perfect my technique

I think you need to practise alot before you charge people. Turn your dial right down and stand close to her but not too close. What do you mean you do have a lot of dripping?

Your dial is definatly up to high as that is a lot of solution on her foot. Also looks like you have used to much barrier cream as the rest of her foot doesn't look tanned. Her patchy back could be due to a lot of different things but one thing i can see is that you haven't sprayed under her arm at the back. Don't worry about it though, mistakes happen. You really should do quite a lot of practise tans before you start charging. Spray tanning is a lot harder than people think xx

Yes I think I'll go back to practising again. My training didn't say to spray under arm do you do that? I was wondering about this as welldo you lift the arm and spray underneath do you spray the arm pit area? I'm starting to think my training missed parts of the body out

Yes I think I'll go back to practising again. My training didn't say to spray under arm do you do that? I was wondering about this as welldo you lift the arm and spray underneath do you spray the arm pit area? I'm starting to think my training missed parts of the body out

I do spray under the arm but I never spray the armpit directly, as there are too many creases and naturally the armpit will be lighter anyway. keep practicing on your self and friends free of charge, although don't practice on friends free of charge too much as they will expect this in the future.

When i turn client to side, i do the side of arm then tell them to raise their arm. I lightly spray the under arm and arm pit area then do side of torso. Some companies don't teach this, but there is nothing worse than seeing someone with white arm pits, especially if they have a really dark tan xx

Clearly one of us more experienced ladies needs to start our own Spray Tan master class and show people how to really do a perfect tan!

Clearly one of us more experienced ladies needs to start our own Spray Tan master class and show people how to really do a perfect tan!
I would love to train people one day. Some of the ways i've seen people get trained really shocks me and some don't even get told about the different levels of dha and the science behind it all xx

Watch a sienna spray tan being done on YouTube.

They're only in it for the money. Well at least we can teach on here lol

Great advice ladies and its a good job that there are sites like this one for people to turn to when they have a problem/issue with spraying. It can be a very lonely business especially if you are a mobile sprayer and when something goes wrong it can really effect your confidence.

From the foot picture it does look as if the spray gun needs turning down, several light coats give a much better tan.

Many thanks for your advice guys just to let you know it was my gun that was turned up too high. Think you should train people definitely . My training did say about dha levels but really think there wasn't enough focus and practise for the actual technique. I usession your advice for arms too and the results were so much better. Thanks again it's really given me my confidence back which tbh had taken a knock I hate getting things wrong !

Pleased we could help ;) thats what we are here for xx

You will be confident soon just takes practice.

Latest posts

Back