Tanning larger ladies-help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyAnnJ

Reaction score
Hi, don't want to offend anybody far from it, but I did a tan today (I'm new to tanning and was my first paying client) and she was a larger lady.

I was conscious of her back fat creases which the tan was missing and also under her arms as it was harder to reach and get at the angles if that makes sense?

How do you go around this or do u just leave it?

I did ask her when she was facing away from me to lift her arms up to see if pulled the back fat creases out but it didn't.

Help! X

It's a learning curve and with a little bit of adjustment to your routine, there isn't any reason to not give a fab tan that covers everywhere for a larger client. For back crease with client facing away from me. I get them to raise one arm above their head and gently reach over to the other side, therefore stretching out their side and back crease. I spray and usually air dry a bit with the hose before they relax again. Then same on other side. Hope that helps a little. X

Thank u that helps a lot, it's just typical that it was my first paying client !i felt bad saying anything ! X

If agree that stretching is important but drying it before they relax is important as it lowering arms etc. I'm a 'big lady' and I manage to spray myself at least once a week with no problems.
I ask every clients to lift their boobs and bend slightly when I do the back of their legs/bum but I tell them at their consultation I'll ask that so its the same for everyone and they don't feel awkward.

I didn't even think about lifting the boobs, I may go through with them beforehand then like u say so that they are informed before

Latest posts

Back