Tantrick Max just been sprayed, so far so good

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunontherun

Reaction score
Hi Girls/Chaps

Just to let you know that I have just been sprayed this morning with the new Tantrick Max. So I shall report my finding so far, sorry if already been done, but feel really positive about this solution.

Solution smelt very nice but not over perfumed, I got a slight smell of berry fruits.

It was a lovely lite solution to spray and went through the gun beautifully, I don't know with other techs, but I have definelty seen a difference in the density of solutions in my years of spraying.

The solutions to the skin was really good, near enough instant dryness and I was able to dress straight away. Also no ordour at all (dog biscuit smell).

The colour (guide) I think without the excelerator drops is beautiful, I don't know about other techs, but I like spraying a natural looking colour and I do refuse to spray too dark as not good for business. This colour as the guide colour is really nice, so I will update after eight hours developement to see what I am left with.

Dawn
Shimmer Me/Sun on the Run

Its great.I've ordered after trying my sample.Its just the right price for me and my customers like the instant guide colour.Too early yet to make an opinion on staying power as haven't used it generally yet but so far so good.
Their new retail range is looking good too especially love the tan x tender which has %6 dha in it.It has a lovely feel to it,a little goes a long way and my arm now has a nice golden glow.

Hi can I just ask those of you who are using the max, which customers are you using it on? i.e. is it your regular 10% clients or is it a bit too dark for them? What feedback have you had?

I have a regular who normally got the 10 but recently tried the 12 and was pleased, I wondered if this one might be perfect for her? As I haven't tried it yet and only have a sample, I might offer her next tan at a reduced rate if she will be my tester.

From my point of view my main tanning clients are in the late teens to 20s age group,i have an 17 year old daughter and she wears the tans and we get her friends and friends of friends.

This age group seem to be the ones with the most disposable income at the mo and also they are influenced by the celebs and a tan is almost a necessity especially if they are going to clubs ,they wear next to nothing even in the depths of winter.

What they want from their tans are a good price to start with as they want to be able to afford to have them every week,as dark as they can go and they want to see a strong initial guide colour.

Original tantrick didn't tick the boxes for me with the type of clients i have, the guide colour being too light and also its dearer than the max so i would not have been making much profit on a bottle.

I also think they are going to love the idea of being able to have it darker with the added drops and then have their own readymade bottle.I know you can do this with any solution really and many probably do but the max is marketed in this way which is good promotion.

Last edited:
.....Solution smelt very nice but not over perfumed, I got a slight smell of berry fruits.........
Well spotted - or rather smelled -Dawn it is a very light fragrance of Strawberry and Melons :O)))
and it also does not contain Paraben!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone going to replace using the original tantick 10% and only use the new Max?

I need to buy some more 10% and can't make my mind up whether to just buy the new Max instead? I do have a sample buy as yet have not tested it. I am a bit to fair to try it on myself!

Ok, have just sprayed one leg with original 10% and the other with Max 10%. The max did spray much better and also the colour guide was good. As has been mentioned previously I did notice that the max does not have any tacky feel afterwards compared with the original.

Can't wait till the morning to see the results!

Hi, me again!

Well after my spraying experiment I can tell you that the leg with the original tantrick 10% is darker than the Max 10%. But, I think this is because I turned my gun down quite a bit when spraying the max due to the increased colour guide and maybe did not apply enough onto the skin?

The max definately seems to have less of the "biscuit" smell compared with the original, then again this could be because I didn't spray heavily enough?

Well after all this I am still unsure which to buy!:confused:

I guess I will have to do another experiment on a volunteer before I make my choice. Or maybe someone else could do the same experiment on themselves and let us know their findings?

Hi, me again!

Well after my spraying experiment I can tell you that the leg with the original tantrick 10% is darker than the Max 10%. But, I think this is because I turned my gun down quite a bit when spraying the max due to the increased colour guide and maybe did not apply enough onto the skin?

The max definately seems to have less of the "biscuit" smell compared with the original, then again this could be because I didn't spray heavily enough?

Well after all this I am still unsure which to buy!:confused:

I guess I will have to do another experiment on a volunteer before I make my choice. Or maybe someone else could do the same experiment on themselves and let us know their findings?

Hi Sharon,

in order to get a full like for like comparison it would be worthwhile doing a full body spray with the same quantity solution application.

After an enormous amount of testing on our part and whilst making due allowance for different skin tones and reactions to spray tan applications the MAX on a like for like skin type and solution volume application will undoubtedly have a much darker initial colour from the colour guide formulation as well as resulting tan.

Hoping this helps

Thanks, I think I might just stick to what I know for the time being, i.e. original 10%.

I really like the formulation of the Max as far as ease of spraying goes, but most of my clients are 8% or 10% so i will stick with the original for the time being (or until there is an 8% with the same formulation as the max).
I know the EOS sprays well also but the colour guide is not strong enough for me, and I also felt it had a more reddish tone rather than the nice brown tone I get with the original 8%. These are just my personal experiences, hope this helps with regard to feedback, Collin. :)

These are just my personal experiences, hope this helps with regard to feedback, Collin. :)

Fantastic feedback thanks Sharon....its good to receive professional opinion :hug:

Latest posts

Back