Tape hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
I've noticed that one of my stylists hair extensions keep falling out. Or other stylists extensions don't seem to fall out. Maybe the odd one here and there.

I retape the extensions for the girls as they have been there longer and I don't have much of a clientele yet. I know that I remove all of the tape before removing. Her most recent client (who's tape fell out) had new extensions so I don't think the tape is the issue.

The stylist whos extensions keep falling out keeps trying to blame me. But when she preps the hair she uses products and I think that is the issue. But because I'm not qualified in extensions she won't listen to me. The other girl who is away on holiday at the moment won't be back for a while. So I cant confirm with her.

Do you think I'm right or do you think that it could be something else?

Using products on hair before installing tape hair extensions is a big no no!
I always ask my clients to use a clarifying shampoo first and to refrain from using conditioner, otherwise it will slip.

Definitely no products on the hair before installing tape, if she's blaming you why not tell her to go to a qualified extensionist and pay ( I'm assuming she doesn't pay you ) sorry if that's not the case, the tape I use never falls out even after 6 weeks it's still pretty secure but it does depend on the clients aftercare too x

Using wrong styling products or improper application by untrained stylist

I always condition my clients hair and always use products before blowdrying before applying the tapes. Never have an issue. Could be ur tape ur using. Make sure you use the blue tape. The White tape isn't as strong

Can you send me a link as to where you can get "blue tape" from please?

I've noticed that one of my stylists hair extensions keep falling out. Or other stylists extensions don't seem to fall out. Maybe the odd one here and there.

I retape the extensions for the girls as they have been there longer and I don't have much of a clientele yet. I know that I remove all of the tape before removing. Her most recent client (who's tape fell out) had new extensions so I don't think the tape is the issue.

The stylist whos extensions keep falling out keeps trying to blame me. But when she preps the hair she uses products and I think that is the issue. But because I'm not qualified in extensions she won't listen to me. The other girl who is away on holiday at the moment won't be back for a while. So I cant confirm with her.

Do you think I'm right or do you think that it could be something else?
One of your stylists???? You left the industry the other day!!!!!

Pmsl yea I just saw :rolleyes:... Shutting up...

Latest posts

Back