Tea bag repair and Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaznal

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who had a slight split on her nail just below the hyponichium but didn't want her nail taken too short and wanted her shellac anyway needless to say even with smoothing gel and shellac she has been cleaning animals, open fires etc and it's started to crack in that one nail. Do you think repairing that nail using the teabag technique and then smoothing gel, shellac etc would work ok? Thanks

I dont know the teabag technique bit when a clients gaot a broken nail I cut a little bit of silk ofd and glue it on the buff it smooth it generally makes the nail floorless and gives it a chance to grow. But more important the shellac then doesnt crack x

Thanks. It's the same theory but with a t bag

I use this technique all the time, works a treat and does the job brilliantly. I personally use silk and resin before shellacing rather than using shellac to secure the silk.

Karaxxx

To repair a nail I apply the silk directly onto the nail and then apply some gel pushing it into the silk rather than painting it on, I then gently buff to smooth it out after citing and carry on with rest of treatment as normal minus the base cost on that nail. Works a treat and lasts weeks even on the most severe splits and breakages x

Souz which gel do you use?

Sorry to throw something else into the mix. I've tried using fibre glass and silk and it never seems strong enough but that probably down to my technique. Generally I take the nail right down and apply a tip then a thin layer of hard gel then buff. And it stays on really well.

I am a newbie and have not completed a course in hard gel extensions yet (that's my new year project) so only have shellac and brisa smoothing gel.

Anyway, tea bag worked with the glue, followed by normal routine for BL smoothing gel/ shellac. so all is good. I will invest in some sticky fibreglass to do it in future as per fingernail fixer video as it would have been easier than trying to position a piece of tea bag.

Just saw this thread and wanted to ask if this teabag method can be used with normal nail polish, e.g. Nina ultra pro or whether it's better with shellac or gel polish?

You can do but it's less strong, better under Shellac/gel.

Karaxxx

Just saw this thread and wanted to ask if this teabag method can be used with normal nail polish, e.g. Nina ultra pro or whether it's better with shellac or gel polish?

I use the teabag method all the time to fix my nails if they break. I use OPI nail envy & it usually lasts 1-2 weeks then you can soak the glue off and reapply the teabag.
(It probably is better with gel polish but im not trained in gel yet) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use the teabag method all the time to fix my nails if they break. I use OPI nail envy & it usually lasts 1-2 weeks then you can soak the glue off and reapply the teabag.
(It probably is better with gel polish but im not trained in gel yet) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou, I'm training in OPI gel color in June so don't want to apply gel until I've done that training.

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

The teabag idea sounds fab but how would you remove?

The teabag idea sounds fab but how would you remove?

It just comes away with the acetone when soaking shellac off x

What's the Teabag thing never heard of it I'm intrigued! X

Dying to know this trick!

Why a "professional" would use a tea bag is beyond me. When you can buy china silk or fibreglass to use in this situation...... Tea bags???? Really???

i'm enhancement trained with CND (2012) we didn't cover repairs using silk / fibreglass but i'd like to learn how to use? will i need specific training or will my CND enhance qualification suffice?

I tried the fibreglass on a client who I had previously used a tea bag on and the fibreglass was more bulky and noticeable.

Latest posts

Back