teaching nail piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
hi everyone, in two weeks time i am being observed teaching, i have to teach a group of NVQ students how to pierce nails and attach dangles, i need to make this last for an HOUR ???? can anyone offer me some cool icebreakers, or something interesting to add to the session as i am going to struggle to make this last an hour?? help:confused:

blooming nora - an hour - it only takes 5 mins to show how to do that , what on earth do these people want - good luck hun. if i think of anything ill let you know....sorry i cant be of any more help

umm maybe you can make an elaborate peice of jewelry before you attach it lol.

I would make a big production out of cleaning the tool, before and after, showing the different types of jewelry, mention that there are little ornament types of jewelry to just stick on wet polish- really just utilize BS! :)

Sounds like they have alot of their OWN BS to make you jump through those hoops ;)

Oh, and have a LOOOOOOONG question and answer session lol. Maybe you can find a video to show ;)

maybe you could give them some places where they can buy the nail jewellery and what different ones their are i had a client that had one which was a braclet with a little chain attaching it to the nail piercing it was lovely, an hour is a long time x HTH x

Take them through the different types of nails to be pierced, natural, natural with over lay and enhancements.....
show them the why it is important to drill from the underneath and not the top....splitting and cracking aso.
then the different types of dangles, O-rings and how to open them correctly, clip on dangles and screw in types.....

Also show them how to drop a pearl into piercing, or wire art, piercing the nail and looping thin strands of art wire.....

then letting them have a go.......

There is so much to talk about babe and you will find that an hour will just fly by...

Good luck huni xxx

one more for you see if you can get them to design some themed nail art then maby show them some examples of 3d nail art and get them to suggest which nail dangles would best suit this sort of competiton nail?

Quick quiz...before and after..

Questions like....What tools do you need to attach a dangle?? Ask them to do it before you demo/teach to check their prior knowledge (observers love that). After you have demo'd and they have had a go. Redo the quiz and see if their scores have increased. Check their learning (observers love that too).

Good luck!

thanku to everyone for giving me so many fantastic ideas, i really was worried about how i was going to stretch it out for that long, but u have really been helpful, i like the quiz idea and to the lady who gave so many suggestions about wire nail art, pearls etc. thanku so much guys, i shall let you know how i got on xxxx

thanku ruth for you brilliant ideas, u have really helped me. xx

You are very welcome huni, it helps if you do a test run at home, my poor Richard and Faye had to sit through all my lessons plans lol all seven of them .... I found little cue cards help, they keep you on track and on time too.
Good luck and enjoy it huni xxxx

Oh and for the ice breaker, take in a Black and Decker drill and huge curtain ring and say ok who is first ???? LOL only joking, but then thats the idea lol.....

thats a really cool idea, ha ha i reckon that will break the ice .....
thanks ruth

How about having a task on contra-indications , and homecare advice, that should take at least 15 mins, especially if you divide the group into pairs , them bring them together to put forward their findings.

Latest posts

Back