Teenagers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MobileManicure can you get a column in a newspaper?

love your style of writing pmsl

My eldest is 12 in a couple of weeks and the signs are already showing. "I hate you", "it's not fair!" Sulking, moodiness. Ignoring you when she doesn't get her own way. She can be really revolting to her Dad and tell him to shut up. Her favourite word or saying is "uugh" -whatever that means.

Then when she wants something a new child emerges. "Hello Mummy (Mummy?!) would you like a cup of tea? Would you like me to clean the kitchen?"

Oh boy, this is going to be a good one.

An hour later I might find out in a roundabout way that she wants her best friend for a sleepover. Then when I say "No" all hell breaks loose. She realises she's wasted all her time being nice for nothing.

I was a complete nightmare. Dreadful. Threw a plant pot at my Dad's head once. I'm in for it. :o

Omg that's so like my girl !! Bends over backwards when she wants something and if she dose not get it then woe!! The whole house has a bad vibe!!
I was an angel till I turned 13 then well like you was hell bent on being awkward doing everything I was told not to ect!
Hmmm maybe this is karma 😳xx

I have a 12 yr old boy and girls 14 and 16, well where to start lol

my boy is a complete angel, still asks if he can get drinks etc

my 14 yr old is a gobby very confident LOUD child that has her moments but listens when told if she's being to loud or obnoxious

my 16 yr old.... well is permanently attached to her mobile phone constantly in a mood always growling at me for turning the router off at night so she's not on her phone all night. Everything is my fault, blames me if an item of clothing is in the wash, blames me for not liking her friends (i actually do lol) is the laziest child born under the sun, her middle name should of been "in a minute" everything is to much trouble for her, is constantly on her phone, did i mention she uses her phone a lot haha..shouts and screams that i have no idea what she's going through, how stressed she is with life, how things get on top of her etc
Years ago she used to self harm due to being bullied at school, now she wants to counsel others about it, staying on in 6th form, but is so lazy won't pull her finger out and crack on! long sigh. I blame all the social media she goes on, all her so called friends that she's never met telling her about there own experiences, but she takes it all to heart and cannot shrug it off. so her moods are bad as i apparently do not understand. I have tried telling her that she does not know these people, and the dangers of she just don't know who the hell she's talking to online, "but god mum get a grip will ya I'm not stupid!!!" And another rant about her thinking i think she's an idiot. can't win. :irked:

my 14 yr old is a gobby very confident LOUD child that has her moments but listens when told if she's being to loud or obnoxious

my 16 yr old.... well is permanently attached to her mobile phone constantly in a mood always growling at me for turning the router off at night so she's not on her phone all night. Everything is my fault, blames me if an item of clothing is in the wash, blames me for not liking her friends (i actually do lol) is the laziest child born under the sun, her middle name should of been "in a minute" everything is to much trouble for her, is constantly on her phone, did i mention she uses her phone a lot haha..shouts and screams that i have no idea what she's going through, how stressed she is with life, how things get on top of her etc
Years ago she used to self harm due to being bullied at school, now she wants to counsel others about it, staying on in 6th form, but is so lazy won't pull her finger out and crack on! long sigh. I blame all the social media she goes on, all her so called friends that she's never met telling her about there own experiences, but she takes it all to heart and cannot shrug it off. so her moods are bad as i apparently do not understand. I have tried telling her that she does not know these people, and the dangers of she just don't know who the hell she's talking to online, "but god mum get a grip will ya I'm not stupid!!!" And another rant about her thinking i think she's an idiot. can't win. :irked:

My daughter has ended up with you! ha ha - sounds just like mine! I feel your pain.

Who invented teenagers!!! 😳 there should be a place to send them for a few years!! Mind as much as she drives me bonkers I'd miss her x

Who invented teenagers!!! 😳 there should be a place to send them for a few years!! Mind as much as she drives me bonkers I'd miss her x

I'm feeling just fine. A few months of not speaking will do us just fine of that I'm sure!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

There is: brat camp!! 😝

Just for that comment I feel like giving you the salon as a present. :hug:

Haha I would love it! Don't understand how people are so ungrateful specially to parents! X

There is, its called Australia... ;)

My 16yros dad lives in Australia NSW and she spends every other christmas with him for a whole month.
My house is VERY quiet ;)
I only have the 16yro and 5yro at home and they argue, scream, shout as if they are the same age... I let them get on with it, they have to learn life is about winning AND losing.. Inc arguments ;)

Virtues I'm gonna drop off my 5yro next week so you can experience the whole 'more than 1 kid' thing, trust me she could put anyone off grandkids let alone kids haha
She's a fiesty firey lil thing, I'm sure she has the devil gene in her DNA ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

There is, its called Australia... ;)

My 16yros dad lives in Australia NSW and she spends every other christmas with him for a whole month.
My house is VERY quiet ;)
I only have the 16yro and 5yro at home and they argue, scream, shout as if they are the same age... I let them get on with it, they have to learn life is about winning AND losing.. Inc arguments ;)

Virtues I'm gonna drop off my 5yro next week so you can experience the whole 'more than 1 kid' thing, trust me she could put anyone off grandkids let alone kids haha
She's a fiesty firey lil thing, I'm sure she has the devil gene in her DNA ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow lucky you, I've only ever spent two nights in one go away from her! I left her dad when she was two and not seen him since so it's me and her ALL the time!! Xx

I have 2 lads. They do come out the other side honestly!
They are both lovely now but caused me grief in their teens. Lazy doesn't even begin to cover it. Bad language was always a problem, especially in front of grandparents. Surgically attached to pc's, skulking behind closed bedroom doors annoyed the hell out of me. Snapping everyone's heads off when the football team lost was another.
Mooching about when there was no mates about, insisting on watching crap American sit coms grrrr!!!
Hair gel stress, squeezing spots, overpowering body spray and crusty boxers yuk! The smell of a teenage boy is pure evil.
Plus 'what are you wearing mother??'
I could go on but they're early 20's now and they're fine :)

I have 2 lads. They do come out the other side honestly!
They are both lovely now but caused me grief in their teens. Lazy doesn't even begin to cover it. Bad language was always a problem, especially in front of grandparents. Surgically attached to pc's, skulking behind closed bedroom doors annoyed the hell out of me. Snapping everyone's heads off when the football team lost was another.
Mooching about when there was no mates about, insisting on watching crap American sit coms grrrr!!!
Hair gel stress, squeezing spots, overpowering body spray and crusty boxers yuk! The smell of a teenage boy is pure evil.
Plus 'what are you wearing mother??'
I could go on but they're early 20's now and they're fine :)

Haha! well you have done something right along the way 😉xx

Maybe this will help you feel better guys .. I bought a hair salon for my daughter so she could start and finish her hair qualifications as she was so passionate about it. I employed assessors to help her learn, spent tens of thousands to refurbish the salon so one day she could have her own little business and give her a head start. What parent wouldn't want this for their children!

However long story cut short. She abused it, turned up when she felt like it, decided to get 17 piercings in her face and ears, couldn't be bothered to get there on time, made up all sorts of rubbish to prevent the blame going onto her, and was just so lazy .. Generally was just an arse. It has probably been the worst two years of my life. She is 18 in May. It rubbed off at home too. So I sacked her from the salon and told her to go and live somewhere else. So she has gone to her fathers. We do not talk at the moment.......Anyone want to buy a salon. ...!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You could always adopt me Virtues, then give me the salon? ;)

My eldest is 19, and she went through a moody stage. It was when her body started changing and raging with hormones. She's actually pretty grounded now, very ambitious and studying theatre. I'm very proud of her. We do everything together, and able to talk to me about anything. I also have a 17 year old son, who's the joker of the family, and never given us any problems, never answered back, never sulked etc. Seeing as it's not been too bad with the older 2, I'm wondering what my other children will bring when they hit their teens!!

Haha! well you have done something right along the way 😉xx

Haha I never thought of that! I must have. Although they will claim I had nothing to do with it x

Omg wish I never read this post !
I have two girls 4 &7 I am officially doomed ! Lol x

Omg wish I never read this post !
I have two girls 4 &7 I am officially doomed ! Lol x

Thinking the same 3 girls 4,5 & 7

So will be 15,16 & 18

Ohh no going to be hardcore think they will be going to boarding school if they want to or not lol

They are bad enough at the moment and to think they will be 100 times worse no thanks x

I am only 21 now and I was awful as a teenager. I didnt mean to be it was just the way it was. I felt so rubbish and felt that everyone was getting on at me. Although I started younger and by 17 ai had frew out of it. But its horrible being a teenager. And I do feel sorry for the parents. As much as I felt I was horrible most my friends were a lot worse and I actually would be embarresed if I was around and they kicked off. Its just a phase and when your going through it you feel like it is never going to end. Bit me and my family are really close now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thinking the same 3 girls 4,5 & 7

So will be 15,16 & 18

Ohh no going to be hardcore think they will be going to boarding school if they want to or not lol

Lol!

My sisters were the worst. They gave my mum pure grief. There was 2 years between them and they argued from as early as I can remember all the way to their early 20's. I had already left home by the time they hit their teens, so wasn't always around when it would all kick off. One particular day, I popped round, and the older of the 2 came in and started screaming at my younger sister, effing and blinding about a bra that had gone missing out of her drawer. She was accusing her of stealing it, called her every name you could think of, they ended up literally ripping each others hair out, punching, kicking you name it. I had to jump in between them, to try and tear them apart. They made my mums life a misery. I had never seen sisters go at each other like that.

Funny though, they are the best of friends now. Matron of honour at each others weddings, and talk everyday.

Latest posts

Back