Teenagers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no children but just been reading through this thread about daughters with pms. I suffer with pms terrible have tried a few different things which haven't made much if a difference. I have know heard of krill oil which is supposed to be really helpful going to try it myself just Incase you want to try your girls with it :) .

I'm 19 and although I've had my moments I've never been too bad, I see the way some others are my age and it shocks me, the worst I've done is start smoking at 14, some girls I know are on serious hardcore drugs! I hate that some bad teenagers give us all a bad reputation 😔 xxx

Virtues,
But how would she know when by all accounts she's got the Brady bunch at home?! I'm sorry, I know she's your mate, but a smug post like that is hardly gonna help us mums stressing out over our teenagers :(

Oh Waffle, the last thing I wanted to do was sound smug and upset anyone. If it came over that way, I apologise!!! Virtues, you know me very well xx

I have to add that despite my young ladies being hardcore hormonal gremlins at times they are impeccable out of the house.
I also see some teens out and about drunk, high and being a total nuisance and anything at home is put into perspective.
My kids have never smoked (tho their friends started very young), been in trouble with police, hang about like louts/drunk etc.
Don't get me wrong they partied with friends but always at a venue/home and would always call home for a lift back often detouring friends home if they weren't all staying over - I would do this every night if I had to to ensure my teen got home safely and alive.
We've had too many teenagers around close areas get seriously beaten up walking home from nights out and one killed too.
My 3 older kids have all chatted to me about how rife not only drug taking but dealing is within the schools, not only secondary but juniors too, its horrific!

I agree that some teens put a bad light on their peers but the total out of control, rebellion of life and all things within reason is VERY different to hormonal teens ripping shreds at their parents and siblings but being fantabulous out of the home ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to add that despite my young ladies being hardcore hormonal gremlins at times they are impeccable out of the house.
I also see some teens out and about drunk, high and being a total nuisance and anything at home is put into perspective.
My kids have never smoked (tho their friends started very young), been in trouble with police, hang about like louts/drunk etc.
Don't get me wrong they partied with friends but always at a venue/home and would always call home for a lift back often detouring friends home if they weren't all staying over - I would do this every night if I had to to ensure my teen got home safely and alive.
We've had too many teenagers around close areas get seriously beaten up walking home from nights out and one killed too.
My 3 older kids have all chatted to me about how rife not only drug taking but dealing is within the schools, not only secondary but juniors too, its horrific!

I agree that some teens put a bad light on their peers but the total out of control, rebellion of life and all things within reason is VERY different to hormonal teens ripping shreds at their parents and siblings but being fantabulous out of the home ;)

Mine had done all of what yours hasn't! She smokes, taken drugs, she had such a bad reaction from them that she had to go on tablets for six months. She's wandered the streets all night, drank so much she's been sick in her bed, rolled over in it and gone back to sleep and doesn't even know she has done it.. Got called to pick her up from the police station for stealing. She goes out for days at a time and turns her phone off so no one can contact her. Then I find her in London or somewhere similar. Seriously guys if you want to try some of the hard stuff then just let me know. ..I could cope with hormones but this? REALLY! As sad as it sounds I'm happier, calmer and less stressed than I have been for ages. I haven't spoken to her for just over a week. I don't even know where she is. Last I heard she was with her father.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow that is EXACTLY the same as my daughter and our situation! Honestly people are so shocked when I tell them how my daughter has been screaming at me because outside the home her behaviour is fine and they all think she's the most lovely girl going! Thinking about it I really do think its hormonal as she's definitely itching for a row and angry to the point of tears around the time of her period.
Definitely going to try some evening primrose oil I think. Xx

Oh Waffle, the last thing I wanted to do was sound smug and upset anyone. If it came over that way, I apologise!!! Virtues, you know me very well xx

Ah don't worry about it, no probs. I'm probably over sensitive at the moment and well jel that your kids sounded like angels! X

Mine had done all of what yours hasn't! She smokes, taken drugs, she had such a bad reaction from them that she had to go on tablets for six months. She's wandered the streets all night, drank so much she's been sick in her bed, rolled over in it and gone back to sleep and doesn't even know she has done it.. Got called to pick her up from the police station for stealing. She goes out for days at a time and turns her phone off so no one can contact her. Then I find her in London or somewhere similar. Seriously guys if you want to try some of the hard stuff then just let me know. ..I could cope with hormones but this? REALLY! As sad as it sounds I'm happier, calmer and less stressed than I have been for ages. I haven't spoken to her for just over a week. I don't even know where she is. Last I heard she was with her father.

God poor you! My nephew was like this and went to live with his dad to give my poor sister a break. It was the best thing she could've done as it really did open his eyes and calmed him down. They're absolutely fine now xx

Damn I just wanna give you a massive hug, how are you not bald from the stress and worry??

I really hope your daughter wakes up one day and thinks 'I need my mum' and comes back a different young lady.
You are an amazing mum to have given her the best start in working life that you have AND despite now having to deal with it all yourself you don't ever sound like you have turned your back on her like she has you it seems.

My sister was an absolute rat growing up, she was such a handful which made my parents put all their time and effort in her and it overshadowed me! She hasn't changed and is very ungrateful and selfish, I would like to say it gets better but in our case it didn't. My mum paid for everything such as driving lessons as she was worried she wouldn't use her own money to pay for them but just got shouted at for moaning at her and pressurising her to pass!! I had to pay for my own. She had her Uni paid for and she still expects everything to be done for her. If there's any advice I can give is give her some space don't treat her like a child & hopefully she will grow up and get some respect

My sister was an absolute rat growing up, she was such a handful which made my parents put all their time and effort in her and it overshadowed me! She hasn't changed and is very ungrateful and selfish, I would like to say it gets better but in our case it didn't. My mum paid for everything such as driving lessons as she was worried she wouldn't use her own money to pay for them but just got shouted at for moaning at her and pressurising her to pass!! I had to pay for my own. She had her Uni paid for and she still expects everything to be done for her. If there's any advice I can give is give her some space don't treat her like a child & hopefully she will grow up and get some respect

Who was the eldest? You or her?

My husband had the same with his sister. She got everything handed to her on a platter and he got nothing. Music lessons, driving lessons, whatever took her fancy. She hasn't spoken to her parents in 15 years. Ungrateful cow. Hubby still speaks to his mum.

Hardest job in the world I think 😁have a 13 yr old girl girl and 11 yr old boy! Not sure who is worse! It's a tough job xx

Latest posts

Back