Teenagers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This says it all really.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 113
Wow lucky you, I've only ever spent two nights in one go away from her! I left her dad when she was two and not seen him since so it's me and her ALL the time!! Xx

I totally get that, my 5yro is very hard work, medically, emotionally and occasionally mentally and as much as I love her I do enjoy my ME time or working with clients while she is at school, her dad has never been involved as he wasn't interested and my older kids have their own families so her and I are a team of our own, my 16yro will only sit her if I'm doing mobile work and she's always in bed by then.

I can't even bathe or pee without her just coming to chat to me or sing to me or even tell me a story haha.

One lil titbit of advice tho, take or leave it.. Its very easy as a single mum to be friends with your kids.. Don't be!!
Keep the parent/child boundary there or else they'll treat you as a mate and you kinda lose the definition between the two.
My eldest still treats me more of a friend than as my daughter..
Its hard to try to put into words just how and each time I try I delete as it doesn't make sense once out of my head lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol!

My sisters were the worst. They gave my mum pure grief. There was 2 years between them and they argued from as early as I can remember all the way to their early 20's. I had already left home by the time they hit their teens, so wasn't always around when it would all kick off. One particular day, I popped round, and the older of the 2 came in and started screaming at my younger sister, effing and blinding about a bra that had gone missing out of her drawer. She was accusing her of stealing it, called her every name you could think of, they ended up literally ripping each others hair out, punching, kicking you name it. I had to jump in between them, to try and tear them apart. They made my mums life a misery. I had never seen sisters go at each other like that.

Funny though, they are the best of friends now. Matron of honour at each others weddings, and talk everyday.

I can imagine the chaos,
the girls do bicker and TALK NON STOP but I can't grumble too much they are really close and helpful to each other, long may it continue.

I totally get that, my 5yro is very hard work, medically, emotionally and occasionally mentally and as much as I love her I do enjoy my ME time or working with clients while she is at school, her dad has never been involved as he wasn't interested and my older kids have their own families so her and I are a team of our own, my 16yro will only sit her if I'm doing mobile work and she's always in bed by then.

I can't even bathe or pee without her just coming to chat to me or sing to me or even tell me a story haha.

One lil titbit of advice tho, take or leave it.. Its very easy as a single mum to be friends with your kids.. Don't be!!
Keep the parent/child boundary there or else they'll treat you as a mate and you kinda lose the definition between the two.
My eldest still treats me more of a friend than as my daughter..
Its hard to try to put into words just how and each time I try I delete as it doesn't make sense once out of my head lol.

My partner who I meet 6 years ago said this, we are more like friends as been us against the world so now trying to put my parent roll into place is hard work!
I'm a lot more strict then I use to be, try and stick to the rules I give her ect but when I'm not well it's easy to just do anything for peace.
I'd say that's the best advice to people with kids! Your not there best friend your there parent xx

Screen shot already taken ;)

So glad I read this thread! Feel so much better knowing there's others in the same boat. My daughter is 17 and is in the arguing/shouting/must have the last word phase. Honestly she would argue with a lamp post. I find it so hard to stay calm when she's gobbing off so shout back which just escalates into a shouting match. If I walk away she will follow me still shouting! How am I meant to deal with that?!

If you find out let me no! It's getting the last word in winds me up! And so it goes on and on and on! 😡

My two boys are angels, 15 and 22, can't do enough for Thier mummy, but I do have to ask them if I need help, both have good money sense, and social skills, and they tell me thier problems, and all the antics theyve been up to, they work hard and both want good careers, sorry :p

My two boys are angels, 15 and 22, can't do enough for Thier mummy, but I do have to ask them if I need help, both have good money sense, and social skills, and they tell me thier problems, and all the antics theyve been up to, they work hard and both want good careers, sorry :p

Well come on tell us your secret 😋

Me and my mum never argued or anything like that I just never listened to her !
I would go out do what I wanted and my mum never said anything she let me do it , so in the end I got bored as I was allowed to do whatever and ended up staying in most of the time , we were talking about it the other day and my mum said she knew if she let us do what we wanted we'd get bored !
My mum now thinks it's hilarious that I have two girls and is now looking forward to the hell they will be giving me ! Xx

If you find out let me no! It's getting the last word in winds me up! And so it goes on and on and on! 😡

I know! Mine even carrys on mumbling when the row has finished just so she has the last word! I was nothing like this as a teenager! Am just praying my son who is 12 doesn't turn into Kevin aswell. He's very laid back though and I really do feel that boys are so much easier to bring up than girls.

They are boys though sons are suppose to be nice, lol
Girls on the other hand, as soon as they can talk they just don't shut up then that develops into attitude
Wee madams

Well come on tell us your secret 😋

Talk to them and listen to them I guess, and don't criticize when they tell you something you don't want to hear.

I didn't get on with my dad when I was a teenager, he was critical and didn't listen. My mum died when I was 12, and I was envious of anyone who still had a mum as a teen.

Omg I'm scared I have girls 6 & 4 and a boy 2. The girls Already fight like cat and dogs, the oldest grows yes growls at me anytime I ask her to do anything. I'm dredding then there older, I thought having girls would be fun all pink pretty and shopping. Boys are the easiest things ever!!!

A young client said to me the other day, 'I bet you wish you had girls' ! I just looked at her and I wanted to say 'hell **** no, I would hate to have girls' but I decided to stay professional and just said ' yes it might have been nice' :suprised:

So glad I read this thread! Feel so much better knowing there's others in the same boat. My daughter is 17 and is in the arguing/shouting/must have the last word phase. Honestly she would argue with a lamp post. I find it so hard to stay calm when she's gobbing off so shout back which just escalates into a shouting match. If I walk away she will follow me still shouting! How am I meant to deal with that?!

Waffle I had to laugh at your lamppost comment ;)

As for the last word... I let her have it!!
I have the wisdom to know the last word isn't the most important one, its usually the ones said that could be most regretted so I just let her get on with it and she soon strops off as she is getting no reaction.
Its taken a long time to learn how to do that with no 'whatever's or eye rolling but I can easily just wander off to do washing up or watch TV or even read a book.
All I've needed to say has been said calmly ;)

My eldest told me recently that my keeping calm and ability to act like there was never a ruccus right after it had happened used to infuriate her, she can understand it now but during her arsehole years it was the most annoying thing ever ;)

Hmmm I think I'll try that then Victoria. It will certainly throw her off track to see shouty mum is walking away calmly and ignoring it all. Blimey she'll think I'm ill or something lol xxx

Hmmm I think I'll try that then Victoria. It will certainly throw her off track to see shouty mum is walking away calmly and ignoring it all. Blimey she'll think I'm ill or something lol xxx

Let us know how you get on ;)
Just remember , deep breath then turn around and walk away... You'll initially get 'what no answer, no reply? See I'm right cause you can't even answer' blah blah blah buzzy fly sounds ;) you can do it.
She'll poss calm down quicker too lol x

Latest posts

Back