Teeth whitening anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise88

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was at the beauty show in London afew days ago any loads of ladies was getting laser teeth whitening. Hs anyone tried it and if so what do u think? I'm thinking of doing it as a business

Hi everyone. I was at the beauty show in London afew days ago any loads of ladies was getting laser teeth whitening. Hs anyone tried it and if so what do u think? I'm thinking of doing it as a business

If you search the forums you'll see plenty of opinions. Please leave it to the dentists!x

I went to a beautician who uses a gel and uv light? Painless and NOT bleaching. More safer way I thought plus they look nice now I have kept them whitened with the right paste. People have noticed too!

In the UK you do not have to be a dentist to whiten teeth. There are many EU compliant systems on the market that are safe, legal and give good results. It is however buyer beware and you need to do your research. Whichever system you use you must be trained and competent and have the relevant insurance as well as making sure that you are using legal products. Likewise the training is very variable so again do your research.

On a more commercial note many companies say you can get your money back in X number of treatments. This tends to be calculated on them assuming a price of about £150 per treatment. In many parts of the UK however Teeth whitening can cost about £30 - £40 per treatment at this level of pricing it can be difficult to make a living once you have paid for insurance, the kit, gels, after care kit, transport / salon room rent etc.

Hope that this helps,

Gareth

In the UK you do not have to be a dentist to whiten teeth. There are many EU compliant systems on the market that are safe, legal and give good results. It is however buyer beware and you need to do your research. Whichever system you use you must be trained and competent and have the relevant insurance as well as making sure that you are using legal products. Likewise the training is very variable so again do your research.

On a more commercial note many companies say you can get your money back in X number of treatments. This tends to be calculated on them assuming a price of about £150 per treatment. In many parts of the UK however Teeth whitening can cost about £30 - £40 per treatment at this level of pricing it can be difficult to make a living once you have paid for insurance, the kit, gels, after care kit, transport / salon room rent etc.

Hope that this helps,

Gareth

I've found a company that does training and you get certifate, but I do have to get my own insurance. It's days 100% EU legal and loads of ladies was getting it done at the London beauty show and it was £69.99-£89.99 just for 15-25mins and ladies and me was happy to pay that. I did loads of research on it and with none peroxide gel and LED lamp you can achieve some good results. Also did the research on clientele and there's no one in my area offering laser teeth whitening. It's 2499 for the kit and £10 per client after that so I can charge what I like but I just need to find a happy medium. The good thing is I have a home business doing hair and nails so ill never just have to relay on the teeth whitening to bring money in but instead just have it as an extra to my other services.

Hi I do teeth whitening and was really busy this time last year but since it was on the tv about people using the higher percentage peroxide illegally I've done about 3 people in the last 6 months!

With the treatment I had done, it wasn't messing with the teeth, only applying a gel and placing a uv light over it! Was painless, cost £40 first treatment then top ups if needed £20! I thought it was brilliant, my teeth do look nicer. I don't think this type of treatment you need a dentist certificate thingy, as it's not using tools or removing anything from te teeth! I'd do research if I was you, should be plenty of topics on this area!

Think it depends on what you are using, (non peroxide/ or % peroxide) but Ive read of some stories when being sued the insurance isnt worth the paper its written on. Lots of grey areas. I looked in to it myself, & decided against it.

My friend is a dental hygienist & has had her teeth whitened at work & had bad sensitivity for the next 24 hours.

Ive had non peroxide & had no sensitivity, did we get the same results? No, hers went whiter, mine just removed stains. But id prefer that to having sensitive teeth even for a day!

Take a look at this thread before you do anything :
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/191342-urgent-warning-about-teeth-whitening.html

Xx

Think it depends on what you are using, (non peroxide/ or % peroxide) but Ive read of some stories when being sued the insurance isnt worth the paper its written on. Lots of grey areas. I looked in to it myself, & decided against it.

My friend is a dental hygienist & has had her teeth whitened at work & had bad sensitivity for the next 24 hours.

Ive had non peroxide & had no sensitivity, did we get the same results? No, hers went whiter, mine just removed stains. But id prefer that to having sensitive teeth even for a day!

Take a look at this thread before you do anything :
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/191342-urgent-warning-about-teeth-whitening.html

Xx

That's what I had done, I rather not have sensitive teeth and they look naturally white, instead of blinding white haha

Hi all, I paid a lot of money to a company up north to be trained and qualified in laser teeth whitening. They provided me with all the training, certificate, insurance & kit. This was going really well for about 2 weeks until the salon I was offering it in got a report about me going this, after a visit from trading standards it was made clear that ANY form of teeth whitening by a beautician is a illegal. And that myself or any other non dentist can be prosecuted. Beauticians have been done so. I have been through every avenue I could with this and contacted the GDC (general dentist council) who confirm this. But yet I still drive 1 mile down the street and several salons are still advertising it!

Isn't this old hat these days - so to speak. There are as many teeth whitening people/businesses around as there are hairdressers...MILLIONS! ..This industry needs some innovation....

Latest posts

Back