Telling parents you're pregnant-how did you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope she is just shocked , I don't want her to be unhappy about it as its a very exciting time for me I feel everyone around me are like oh no a baby!! Now I need to focus in the salon make sure it's fine before I leave ... Thanks everyone for all the help x

I hope she is just shocked , I don't want her to be unhappy about it as its a very exciting time for me I feel everyone around me are like oh no a baby!! Now I need to focus in the salon make sure it's fine before I leave ... Thanks everyone for all the help x

I think once your Mum realises you are happy/excited it will rub off :) xx

Well done you.... Just give her some space now and maybe tomorrow sit down and ask her how she feels... She will appreciate it, if she says anything about abortion just explain your not doing it and its not up for discussion.

I hope you do realise how much your life will change with a baby... Its not about you anymore and won't be until there all grown up. I haven't been out for over two years and now I'm expecting another it will be another 2 years but that's mainly down to the fact I breast fed for 19 months and will do again with this one.

Oh and stop buying nail stuff you need to save up big time baby's are not cheap.

Please just remember breast is best if you can produce milk as 1 you will loose weight fast It took me 2 weeks to get back to normal.
2 its free and 3 no cleaning bottles etc. I have a Facebook page breastb4bottle. I've not been doing it for months but am going to start up again soon you should join x. Sorry I went way off topic x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Congratulations! Glad you found the courage to tell her... hope that my children would be able to do the same.

Here's wishing you an easy pregnancy... enjoy!!

I was 20 when i first got pregnant and had been married for 7months but was still terrifed of telling my parents. They live in Spain so i did it over the phone so it was a bit easier.

I was 21 when i got pregnant with my 2nd (4 months after giving birth!) and my god i was crapping myself telling anyone and hid it till i was 20months pregnant but they were other factors to why i was so scared but once i told them it was a massive weight lifted! x

Congratulations and good luck xx

Yes once it sinks in she will be fine. When I went to tell my parents, I'm 25, they kind of guessed cos my brother got his gf pregnant 6 months before me, and when I said I've got something to tell you, they knew lol but they were angry and I got a lecture but within a few hours/days they were fine about it even though my ex gave me a lot of bother through pregnancy & hasn't seen my son once my parents have been behind me 100%, my dad even told me to get rid of my ex lol so that was a sign of approval even though it left me on my own! You will be fine, once baby's here everyone will dote on him/her :)

I was 16 when I told my parents I was pregnant. Mum was disappointed as I was so young and hadn't been with baby's dad for very long but she soon came round and started getting excited and coming shopping with me for baby stuff. I'm now nearly 20 and 5 months pregnant, completely different situation, different partner, lovely house, partner works full time. We was trying for nearly a year which my mum knew about and she actually used to ask me every month if I was pregnant and she got a bit upset when I wasn't! Lol she cried her eyes out in happiness when I told her I was! Lol I wouldn't worry about it, they just worry but I'm sure she wont be disappointef. Good luck! :) xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone , I come home from work and she wasn't speaking to me however my dad has happily spoke to me and told me he's happy to stick to what I want to do ! Hope my mum comes around soon ...

Thanks everyone , I come home from work and she wasn't speaking to me however my dad has happily spoke to me and told me he's happy to stick to what I want to do ! Hope my mum comes around soon ...

Your still her baby so give her time,
Youl soon realise what she's feeling,
As a parent you only want the best for your children and nothing to make life any harder than it already is,

Show her your an adult and ready to be a mummy too,

Look after yourself x

I dyed my hair from blonde to brown when I was 20 and my mum didnt talk to me for a whole week lol so don't worry by next week she will be coming to your midwife appointment with you.and when she hears that little heartbeat....it's such an exciting time

I hope so! My grans coming so far so hope my mum comes too!! Xxxxx

I bet she'll soon come around. Especially if she comes with you to your appointment. Its such an exciting time - enjoy every moment hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 17 when i found out i was pregnant (i was 4 months gone :-s) my mum was mega dissapointed at how young i was, but got over it after a few days, i was my mums baby so think it hit her hard. That was nearly 6 years ago, i now have a bouncy, cocky, intelligent, georgous little boy named jack :) also fell pregnant again at 20, that little grot bag is now 2 :) you will realise when the bubs is kicking and wriggling how much love you will have for them and im sure your mum will be the nanny that spoils him/her wrotten. I wouldnt change my two for nothing, there little rugrats when they want to be but they make you laugh and show you a ton of love that no one else ever could. She will soon come round amd be as excited as you xxxx

Thanks everyone today my mum cuddled me and said sorry and told me shel support me whatever I do xxxxx

Good stuff, now you can relax.xx

Thanks everyone today my mum cuddled me and said sorry and told me shel support me whatever I do xxxxx

Aww so glad to hear it, bet its a huge weight off your shoulders. Now you can start to relax & enjoy your special time 💕 xx

I text my mum from upstairs!!
Congratulations :D xxx

Thats great! Now you can enjoy being a mummy to be :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sent my mam a text, when she was in Canada - how brave of me... NOT! just sit her down, and basically just blurt it out. or drop it into conversation, like hey, what are you doing on ______(day), will you come to the midwife with me? :)

Good Luck!!!!! xx

Latest posts

Back