Telling parents you're pregnant-how did you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyqueenB

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks pregnant and have to tell my parents that I'm pregnant as I would like my mum to come to the midwife with me next week I am 18 have my own salon work hard ... But just don't know what to say ... HELP!!

I just told mine that I was pregnant. I was 17 with my first they were disappointed but stuck by me. Well my dad did as I wasn't raised by my mother . I was nearly 19 when I had my second my dad was not pleased at all but it was my baby so tough.i have had another 4 since then & I am now married . My dad was a bit disappointed at first but stood by me especially with my first 3 as I was young my dad dotes on all my kids now & I don't think he would change anything now. I don't think there is a easy way of telling your mum you might just have to sit her down take a deep breath & say it. She might be a bit upset but I'm sure she will be fine in the end especially when she gets to hold her grandchild for the first time. She might even surprise you & be happy about it. Good luck xx

Thanks needing the luck haha I was thinking of texting this ..

Hi mum sorry to text you this but I've tried to tell you the last two days but couldn't ... I'm so sorry I know youl be angry but it wasn't planned and there's no going back now , I went to the doctors on Monday and they told me I was pregnant , I am only telling you now because I have an appointment on Tuesday and want you to come with me please xxx

Just sit her down & tell her exactly what you said in that text. She may be angry, disappointed or whatever at first but I bet she'll stand by you. Good luck. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it would be best face to face but saying what you said in the txt.

I honestly can't bring myself to do it I've tried ....

Thanks needing the luck haha I was thinking of texting this ..

Hi mum sorry to text you this but I've tried to tell you the last two days but couldn't ... I'm so sorry I know youl be angry but it wasn't planned and there's no going back now , I went to the doctors on Monday and they told me I was pregnant , I am only telling you now because I have an appointment on Tuesday and want you to come with me please xxx

Ah bless you. I know it's hard but she's your mum. Tell her or send her that text asap it will be a big weight lifted off your mind. Good luck.

Thanks everyone will let you know how I get on tomorrow then il need to work on my dad haha, this isn't getting any easier x

You just have to do it.... Your going to be a mother soon and you will have tougher challenges than this ahead of you... So now its time to "man up". If your 8 weeks there is a possibility she already knows my mum knew before me lol x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your totally right I need to man up!! Haha

Aww god bless you. I think it is one of the hardest things telling your parents. Don't stress though. You can't change it and neither can they :) I got pregnant at 18 also and although my mum was a little disappointed as she wanted me to go to uni etc she was so supportive. I think after the initial shock It will all settle. My mum was there for both of my pregnancies :)

We are going to be trying for our 3rd next year after our holidays and I dread to think about telling my mum. She is scary haha and I'm nearly 27.

Good luck and have a healthy and happy 9 months xxxx

I was 19 with my first & I sat down with my mum & told her. Text my dad but he doesn't live near me so it was easier. The second time my partner told her as he worked with her at the time & she said she already had a feeling I was. My sister text both my parents when she found out she was too scared to tell them. Good luck x

God everyone seems so brave! I am actually crapping myself!! Thanks everyone

I was 19 when I had my 1st and like u dreaded telling my parents, they arnt together and I cried when I told my mum and actually told my dad on phone, they were disappointed and only really came round towards the end. Now though they wouldnt change anything, I am currently expecting number 3 due next month! Once u have done it u will feel so much better, wishing u a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum was so strict and I was terrified telling her....she was absolutely shocked at first and thought I was joking but she was so happy next to tell was my dad which again very conservative man but he actually cried with joy! Don't text you will regret not seeing your mum and dads face. Babies are precious and never bad news always a blessing
Good luck :) x

Don't do it by text, it's too important news. Just sit down with her, she is you Mum, and even if she is a bit shocked I am sure she will come round.

I can't really help as I've never been pregnant but I dread trying to tell my mom! 😁 I asked if she wanted to come to a BBQ but she was busy and I said oh well we will pick another day because we want everyone there (mine and my boyfriends family) she was like why? Do you have something to tell us? But was laughing about it I was like no! Haha but I think my mom wouldn't mind and I'm 19. Definitely tell her face to face though! X

I'm more worried about the awkwardness afterwards ...

I was dreading telling my mum and i was 25 when i fell pregnant!

Hope everything goes ok
X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well hopefully it will all be over with tomorrow and see what the result will be of the "chat"

Latest posts

Back