Terrible rockstar Shellac - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand my questions were genuine troubleshooting questions - asked in the absence of any further info on the OP's training.

We should all read what's written with positive regard, in my opinion xx

Hello

I noticed that you said you applied the base coat, cured, then added glitter. You have to do a colour coat before adding the glitter.

Have a look at the video that Geeg liked you too, it shows the method of scrubbing the glitter into the cured colour coat so there is less mess.

Also, if you go to the groups section on here the is one dedicated to rockstar nails.

Hope that helps x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Shai,

Best bit of advice I can give you is go make yourself a cuppa, sit down with your computer and do a search on you tube and/or Facebook for fingernailfixer. She has videos for all sorts of shellac related issues and techniques including Rockstar.

As for brushes I got some cheap ones on eBay, cost around £3 and work perfectly xx

- OMG this site is so bitchy!!

I am training with Jeni Smith, Cambridgeshire - I have PAID for the Full CND course.....I have just completed my Shellac training on 3rd July so YES i am allowed to do Shellac - I am sure all of you "professionals" are aware that the Shellac day does not teach you how to do Rockstar!!!!!!

I am asking for advice not to be told I am trying to save money by buying products off ebay to try and do it on my friends but gain professional guidance of you lot.

NO my profile does not have a qualification because i have not QUALIFIED yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to any of you that genuinely concerned that I havent had any training but this website is suppose to HELP people not JUDGE people!!!!! - I was after some handy hints and tips on the process. I.E - the type of brush to use to put the glitter on and whether or not to put a colour on the nail before hand...thank you all that provided the information.

Honestly totally unecessary snarky comments by some of you girls!!!!!!

Had you mentioned you were training in your original post, it would have saved some 'grief'.

We are here to help our fellow pros but get tired of the DIY'ers trying to gain knowledge for free.

Personally for my rockstar, I do: base, cure. A coat of color close to the glitter color I am using, cure. I scrub my glitter into the sticky layer. Then I do top coat, cure, remove sticky layer, Solar Oil, voila.

HTH and best of luck with your studies. :)

I have to totally agree with the above! I trained with CND for manicure, pedicure, shellac and rockstar, sorry but all my clients are very happy, they love their rockstar nails when I do them, so sorry not willing to share my knowledge on this one.

Why wouldn't you share your knowledge? I thought that was the whole point of this site!!! It's such a shame to have such a selfish attitude :(

Hi ya Shai,
I am thrilled that you are training with our fab Jeni, she is a darling and ha got a wicked sense of humour, as no doubt you already know.

I just had a thought:
If you got to Settings to right hand corner on the geek page, click this on.
Then go to edit your details, scroll down to where it says, additional information, you will find little text boxes, go to where it says Additional information. There is a text box that says "About me".

Here you can add personal details like: In training with Creative Academy Cambridgeshire for my CND Complete course.

This could be like a little introduction, like a online handshake and a little hello.
Jeni will tell you that we get a lot of ebay technicians, buy it, use us and then vanish. I can guarantee you that in time to come, you will feel just as passionate about your learned craft as we do.

I hope you wont hold it against any off us and enjoy this site and all the fab knowledge it holds.
I for one am looking forward to see some of your fab work in the Albums section, so on that note have a welcome hug and a Voddy and Orange on me.

Ruth x

Why wouldn't you share your knowledge? I thought that was the whole point of this site!!! It's such a shame to have such a selfish attitude :(

This thread is getting silly now and comments like this just inflame. It's obvious from her post that this poster was just proving the point I made in my post, which was that she didn't want to pass on her knowledge to someone who she 'thought' was a DIYer.

First thing I did was to post Holly's video and then everyone has trooped in to post the same exact instructions as everyone else and which they probably learned from the video themselves just like I did!

Others have posted to defend themselves when all they needed to do was say 'sorry' if anything I said made you feel unwelcome! It doesn't cost anything to give a kind answer.

The OP now has all the info she needs to carry on and to enjoy doing Rockstar toes or fingers.

Perfectly put Geeg !
It always amazes me how may people feel the need to duplicate previous posts, surely only 1 person needs to ask about whether someone has trained, and ask them to update their profile ? Then it is just a simple enquiry...when 4 or 5 other people jump in posting the same question with varying degrees of bluntness...then it becomes hectoring !

Also the same with the advice given, how many geeks does it take to give the procedure for Rockstar, if it is posted perfectly in the first post, and then a video also posted to literally show how it is done ?
Surely you would only post after that if you had something extra to add ?

Maybe I should leave this thread open to let some apologies be posted, but I think they would be better in a PM. But as we all know more people read a closed thread, so maybe more lessons will be learned if it is closed ;)

So as the question has been asked and answered consider this closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back