Testing Suntana Rapid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suntana rapid, four hours wash off.
This photo is 8 hours after removal and it definitely developed more after wash off, although I would say it was the same as washing off at two hours at first until it developed some more through the night x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347778499.274437.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347778499.274437.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 547
Just updating with my final verdict of the suntana fast tan. I love it and so do my models. The smell is gorgeous as are all suntana solutions. No fake tan smell. I have sprayed the solution straight from the fridge and yet it felt warm! Amazing not sure how suntana achieved this but I feel is a great selling point in itself especially as the winter approaches. The solution seems a bit oily and a little sticky but is a small price to pay for the results you get. Guide is lovely and natural. Wouldn't be embarrassed if I was seen in it After wash off little colour but within 4 hrs enough colour to be noticeable. I think it would be great to have a sat morn/aft tan and still have enough colour for a night out Over 24 hrs the colour deepens into a lovely golden flawless tan. Many of my models have been complimented on their tans were they never have before. The wear off has been brilliant it just gradually fades over two weeks just like a natural tan does no croc effect or patches.:) personally I don't ever want to go back to solutions where left for a long time. I have little patience :)

Ladies, what sort of % we looking at here? I know on suntana website it says light / medium / dark but what kind of %

So like what % for 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour ETC..

Thankssss x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Ladies, what sort of % we looking at here? I know on suntana website it says light / medium / dark but what kind of %

So like what % for 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour ETC..

Thankssss x

Hi lush

I personally found the % to be around the 8 10 12% mark no its not a dark tan. I know most of your clients want a dark tan don't they? It's lovely for those who want a lovely natural tan. I feel that I nearly ruined everything at the start by a model who I work with went scarily dark and although she loved it I could tell everyone else didn't and interest diminished so I am staying away from the dark ones as much as possible. X

SUNTANA IM IN LOVE!! Hard to switch people from the horrible hee shi! The posters arent grat to entice people in or the fact its not well known. Is it good value and how many coats to people put on

Ive found one to two hours 8% maybe slightly lighter than an 8 after only an hour, I advise 2 hours min but I have a very fair client who loves the hours light tan. 3 hours for a ten and four hours isn't as dark as chocolate (12%) in my opinion there's a photo I've posted in here somewhere of it after four hours wash off, not a dark tan but I think it's a lovely product. My only problem I've had if people saying its a bit more difficult than the normal solution to remove but I didnt think so myself x

4 hours on me still comes out like a 8% and I am really pale :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I've just tested this, now for the honest opinion.......

It's one of the best tans I've tested, no orange just nice & brown.

I'd say approx a 12% its natural looking but not golden, its definetly Brown.

Tia Tia - are you reading this my love lol

I left it on 4 hours just on my legs, really like it. Xx

Can I ask you for your honest opinion on the % colour at wash off, at 2/3 hours after wash off and how long it took to get the full colour etc...

Will you let us know what wear off is like please lush x

Can I ask you for your honest opinion on the % colour at wash off, at 2/3 hours after wash off and how long it took to get the full colour etc...

I'd say 2 to 3 hours gives around an 8%. Lovely subtle colour and wears really well. You don't get the full colour immediately after wash off though, it deepens over the next few hours. It was actually the following morning I really noticed the colour. I left it on a full day 4 days ago to see how dark it would go and I'd say its about a 12%. Too dark for my blue white Scottish skin though so it's not wearing too well but I'm pretty sure the wear would be fine on a darker more suitable skin tone. Again it's a lovely non orange colour.

Hiya, my tanning team mate, I sure am reading this. I need to get some samples . I like brown i do i do i do.... might have to buy the suntana rapid as i dont know if that will be in the sample pack.Keep us informed please of wear off etc... still love the fake bake 60 mins thou, not sure about the original and darker as i've heard mixed views on them not taking or been too light.

Have emailed suntana for the litre bottle of rapid they were giving away for testing. I doubt ill be unhappy with itbi LOVE their products!! Dont think ill change now but saying that might just try this la rapid tan. A lot of my clients are always on the go, busy mums etc so i do really need to think about offering rapid tan xx

Have emailed suntana for the litre bottle of rapid they were giving away for testing. I doubt ill be unhappy with itbi LOVE their products!! Dont think ill change now but saying that might just try this la rapid tan. A lot of my clients are always on the go, busy mums etc so i do really need to think about offering rapid tan xx

For me personally I couldn't go back to waiting eight hours to wash my tan off. I hate not being able to wash my hands or even clean my gun out after it in case I splash water and basically can't do very much with it on. Hate sleeping in tan also. So the fast tans are great. Had good feed back also :). Suntana fast is my fave x

Well I will try out the Suntana solution as soon as I can sort models and free up time (arranged 3 dates and then had to cancel :rolleyes:) but from the feedback on here it seems it is no different from some fast/rapid tans already available and it doesn't give the colour any faster than those fast/rapid tans either.

I know I will be sticking with LA Fast as I love the light tan it gives me and my clients that love dark look, love it left on overnight. One solution to cater from light through to dark is what works for me & my clients.

Well I will try out the Suntana solution as soon as I can sort models and free up time (arranged 3 dates and then had to cancel :rolleyes:) but from the feedback on here it seems it is no different from some fast/rapid tans already available and it doesn't give the colour any faster than those fast/rapid tans either.

I know I will be sticking with LA Fast as I love the light tan it gives me and my clients that love dark look, love it left on overnight. One solution to cater from light through to dark is what works for me & my clients.
You're pretty quick to dismiss this product without trying it!

You know with most tanning solutions-clients notice but as they gradually get darker-the majority dont realise till the next day....mainly because they see a natural tan...not a crazy dramatic change. Plus they're constantly looking at their skin, if in a clinical trial it was done with eyes closed, no mirror for about an hour to 4 hours im pretty sure clients would notice straight away.

All im saying is try it out first! Suntana are great for natural looking organic scent tans! Ive tried out loadsa other brands but i always get great results with this brand. xoxo

I have not dismissed the product without trying it at all. I said I will be trying it (I already have it here to try just having trouble matching all models free time up with my free time).

I also said I know I will continue to stock LA Fast because it suits my clients.

Suntana rapid/fast tan is NOT going to give me the range of colour that my clients want.

This does not mean the solution is no good or isn't great or fantastic etc. but it is not going to suit MY clients.

There is no way my clients that like dark tans will be happy with a 12% tan. It just isn't going to be dark enough for them and I do not see the point in buying in a new solution that will not work for my client base when everybody is very happy with what I use (because I did a blind trial with lots of solutions to chose the best one for my clients in the beginning and I trial any new solutions that may be of interest whenever I can too).

I am always looking out for new solutions and am more than willing to try them out BUT my clients have a set of needs that must to be met and if new solutions do not fulfill these needs then they will be ruled out.

How do you know what you're clients are gona like if you havent tried it? I always have human guniea pigs to test on and see what they think before pre-empting and dismissing products! You're clients might like it, your clients might hate it, but try it and then you'll know.

We all get over familar with certain brands-which suit our needs profit wise or maybe their shade wise but i dont rule out brands without trying them.

In fact i love my suntana and omg range that ive tried out crazy angel and various other brands even though im content with what i have. Just dont do it on a public forum without actually testing a brand to openly admit how much you're comparing it to another brand.

The whole purpose of this thread which is ironic is testing suntana rapid..... xoxo

Wonderwoman I have said more than once I am going to try it - you keep saying I should try it - I will, it's here waiting to be sampled.

How do I know what my clients will not like it? - I know that those who want a DARK tan will NOT be happy with 12%. Suntana say this solution is NOT A DARK TAN so I KNOW those wanting a dark tan will NOT be happy with it.

I am glad that you love Suntana, your happy & your clients are happy. I am also happy that I am happy with my chosen solution & my clients are happy too.

There is no need to have a go at me for knowing this solution will not fit my clientele. It may suit a few of my clients but not all of them and the solution I have now suits them all so it would be a financial mistake to change - can you not see that - even if I loved it when I tried it, the solution would not be a viable thing to stock as it will not go dark enough for some of my clients, whereas the fast solution I use now does light all the way through to dark and therefore caters for all my clients and I do not like to stock more than 1 brand/type of solution as when I did this 1 brand ended up going off and having to be thrown out.

I joined the thread and got some solution to try it because it said you got colour quickly, unfortunately the feedback here seems to say that it doesn't develop any faster than other fast/rapid tans. I will try it for myself and see what I think.

I have trouble doing the trial because of how I plan to do it. I am getting at least 4 models to be in the same place and then I will spray 2/3 models in Suntanna tan and 2/3 in LA fast and then send the first 2 (1 of each brand) to wash off after 2 hours, 3 hours and 4 hours (if only 4 models then 2 hours and 4 hours).

I will then spend the next few hours with all 4 models checking how their colour develops and I will see all 4 the next day to check the full colour achieved.

When I trial solutions I do it as fairly as I can. I get my models to fill in tick questionnaires and I ask them for honest feedback on their tans. None of the models will know which solution they have on so they can't be biased they just tell me what they think. They then text me to tell me how the fade off is and how long the colour lasts and their final views of the tan.

Baggy bear sorry I didn't reply sooner,

I definetly think your clients who want a dark tan (i know the kind of clients as I have them myself lol) will not be satisfied with suntana rapid as it definetly isn't dark.

I washed off after 4 hours & had roughly an 8% or there abouts then it gradually deepened to I'd say about a 12% which took until the next day to get to max colour, but it definetly did not darken any more than a 12%

It's a really nice tan (colour) don't get me wrong, & well worthy of stocking if you don't have the majority of your clients wanting dark. But for my clients I don't think it'd be a hit, so I've decided NOT to stock it.

I do stock the ordinary suntana though & my rapid tan is still vani-t velocity but for me the vani-t rapid will take some beating. xx

Latest posts

Back