Testing Suntana Rapid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm so going from these posts no one really rates the suntana rapid? What a shame as their products so far have been grand. Hopefully they'll take these reviews into account and try make it better.

I was going to order some today but dont think i will now but want to offer this to my clients so it looks like the majority recommend la fast tan???

Sent from my G690A using SalonGeek

Hmm so going from these posts no one really rates the suntana rapid? What a shame as their products so far have been grand. Hopefully they'll take these reviews into account and try make it better.

I was going to order some today but dont think i will now but want to offer this to my clients so it looks like the majority recommend la fast tan???

Im contemplating emailing them to say how disappointed I am :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Really?? Its that bad? God I def wont bother. It maybe a good idea as they dont want to have a bad rep so if it means them improving their product I think its a good idea....

I would imagine Suntana are aware of these posts and thought they would have made a comment

I would imagine Suntana are aware of these posts and thought they would have made a comment

please be aware that the Rapid Tan is a completely different formulation than our usual stock solutions so it really shouldn't be compared. Amongst other changes you'll find that it is more viscous. As a consequence you may need to make adjustments to your gun in order to achieve better atomisation. Once you have the gun set right your clients will immediately feel the benefits of the viscosity change as the solution will feel warmer when applied and the results will be more favourable

Regarding the depth of tan, the Rapid Tan is marketed as a fast acting product rather than an 'extreme' product. We appreciate that for some customers dark will never be dark enough but extreme dark is something we don't do. To achieve this would mean formulating products with DHA levels which have not been properly tested or approved for use by the SCCS (Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety). The SCCS considers that the use of Dihydroxyacetone as a self-tanning ingredient up to 14% will not pose a risk to the health of the consumer. Since the assessment on products containing greater than 14% is yet to be conducted (as far as we are aware) we believe that we have a duty of care to our customers to avoid products greater than 14% until such time that they are deemed to be safe. Aside from our duty of care, there is also a legal requirement that every cosmetic product must undergo a safety assessment before it is placed. Since accredited data is absent for these 'extreme' products, caution is advised.

Its always difficult balancing the expectations of all our customers but we've spent a long time developing this product, our focus groups consisted of the widest possible demographic, different ages, skin types etc and the formula that performed best across this wide range of clients is the one we have now. Of course there will always be 'exceptions to the rule' but we are confident that the vast majority will be completely happy.

Honestly it was so light almost not worth doing its a real shame as I love your other tans hopefully it can maby be in proved ,meen while I have ordered a sample of LA fast tan .

I think that answer has done Suntana more harm than good. We are all experienced in spray tanning and are all saying the same thing so the product is not right. Also we all seem to have use other rapid tans so have something to compare to. Expectations will be high as it has been marketed as a good rapid tan however it does not work as good as other brands. I feel very disappointed as I've wasted my money

I think that answer has done Suntana more harm than good. We are all experienced in spray tanning and are all saying the same thing so the product is not right. Also we all seem to have use other rapid tans so have something to compare to. Expectations will be high as it has been marketed as a good rapid tan however it does not work as good as other brands. I feel very disappointed as I've wasted my money

Exactly >:)

When you say 'its not right' we assume you mean it isn't as dark as you had hoped or expected. The Rapid tan isn't being marketed as a dark tan, we already have have those in our product range. If you want a dark tan you would better off with our Chocolate or Blackberry. The benefit of this particular product is the fact that it develops quickly for those customers who need a tan in a hurry. The results you can expect, when applied correctly could be compared to our Cherry (only darker but with the same reddish tones) but never as Dark as Chocolate, somewhere in between.

Suntana from what I can gather from this thread they are all saying that your fast tan does not give the client a tan above an 8% and this is not what their clients want.

They want a tan that develops fast but to a result darker than 8% and this seems to be impossible with your fast tan solution.

I know my photo's of LA fast show clients with VERY dark tans but these are clients that leave the solution on overnight like they would with any other solution. I personally use the LA Fast to give myself a nice light tan (wash off at 2 hours) and many of my other clients wash off at 3/4 hours to get a nice tan.

Suntana from what I can gather from this thread they are all saying that your fast tan does not give the client a tan above an 8% and this is not what their clients want.

They want a tan that develops fast but to a result darker than 8% and this seems to be impossible with your fast tan solution.

I know my photo's of LA fast show clients with VERY dark tans but these are clients that leave the solution on overnight like they would with any other solution. I personally use the LA Fast to give myself a nice light tan (wash off at 2 hours) and many of my other clients wash off at 3/4 hours to get a nice tan.

As previously stated, we don't believe enough product had been applied because of the increased viscosity when compared to our standard formulas, that and also the fact that there is always hesitancy and a tendency to 'under spray' with any new product in case the results are too dark.

Were not closed to constructive criticism, were perfectly willing to listen to our customers and if necessary make formulation changes to our products to reflect customer feedback. However, up to now we've received far more positive feedback than negative.

As previously stated, we don't believe enough product had been applied because of the increased viscosity when compared to our standard formulas, that and also the fact that there is always hesitancy and a tendency to 'under spray' with any new product in case the results are too dark.

Were not closed to constructive criticism, were perfectly willing to listen to our customers and if necessary make formulation changes to our products to reflect customer feedback. However, up to now we've received far more positive feedback than negative.

So you have the following Geeks who have all tried the Suntana fast tan and all say they are unhappy with the colour outcome. Do you really think that they have all used too little solution?

Ok I rinsed after 3 and quarter hours I look like a 8% at the moment nice even colour,but hopefully get darker over night will report back in the morning :-D

Morning still looking like an 8% :'(

Hi everyone. I love Suntana and so do my clients however I'm quite disappointed with the rapid. The colour is too light. The product is too watery with no smell. Also the quite colour is too light and it generally is a disappointment. I don't know of they've rushed it out but Ita not as good as there other products by far

There is virtually no guide colour at all, it's that watery its like spraying oil on to the body literally just sits on the skin if you do 2 coats, all of my 5 clients using it have said its barely an 8% and one lady said it completely washed off after 2nd shower. Huge disappointment :(*

Im very dissapointed with the Rapid tan by Suntana, I really like all their other solutions particulary the 14% berry one, however the rapid tan hardly went dark at all, my client left it on over 12 hours and said she felt like she had when she left mine. I found the solution very watery and looked very wet on the skin. Im a bit cheesed off as just ordered a litre of it and looks like its gonna go to waste :-(((

clearly there are 4 people on here who are not happy. We have more quotes from customers who claim to be completely happy but i'm not prepared to get into a tit-for-tat on here. If you PM us your address details we'll send you a sample so you can evaluate for yourself. If you are going to comment on one our products i'd rather you tried it first

Sorry, I have to jump in...I'm a bit disappointed at this reply actually. Not really what I would expect from a professional company :(
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Sorry, I have to jump in...I'm a bit disappointed at this reply actually. Not really what I would expect from a professional company :(
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

There have been multiple replies, all of which are professional and informative, which particular comment do you refer to?

I LOVE SUNTANAS RAPID TAN!!!!

Got it the day it was launched, sprayed myself for a wedding the day after and had lots of comments on how nice my tan was.

I've since used this on my clients and many of my regulars prefer rapid tan!!!

I love the fact that it isn't cold and doesn't leave you feeling sticky.

Turn you guns down and spray a bit more on girlies!!

I LOVE SUNTANAS RAPID TAN!!!!

Got it the day it was launched, sprayed myself for a wedding the day after and had lots of comments on how nice my tan was.

I've since used this on my clients and many of my regulars prefer rapid tan!!!

I love the fact that it isn't cold and doesn't leave you feeling sticky.

Turn you guns down and spray a bit more on girlies!!

Sorry do you mean turn my gun up so that more solution comes out? I haven't got a sample yet but was intending too. Bit unsure at the moment as the reviews seem a bit negative.

Sorry do you mean turn my gun up so that more solution comes out?

Yes im pretty sure that is what the poster meant lol.

I had to read twice! x

You need to try it and then you can have your own oinion on the product. Me and my clients love it!

I love suntana! i havent gotten round to buying the rapid but in general the tans most definatly have such a lovely fade off. Im thinking even it its on for 2 hrs and your getting a 8% id be happy with something! Some people think they'll look like ross from friends heehee! Either way id be testing it out with my brand new maximist ultra mist! Im not fended off by the comments above im still gona try it and see if i generate a clientelle for it! xoxo

Latest posts

Back