That special touch in a manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindaa

Reaction score
Hi all

So I am starting work tomorrow in a hair salon as the only esthetician. My boss is lovely and pretty relaxed. She has limited knowledge of the beauty industry and is more a stylist and wants me to take the reigns and make the beauty section unique.
This is fine by me however she has asked me to change the Express manicure. Whilst we have a delux man in the salon which is your standard mani with a mask massage etc there is an express mani that we have a half hour to do and its basically a file and paint with very limited cuticle work. This is usually requested by clients when they are waiting on a colour to develop in their hair etc so max time is 30 mins. My boss has mentioned she wants something extra put in here.. I have really been racking my brain trying to find that something thats gonna set our express from the salon across the street. The salon I work in give a massage with every hair treatment so its not a hand massage. Ive been thinking maybe adding some simple nail art on one finger but not every customer will want this. I'm really at a loose end here guys and need some tips as i really want to impress her as this is also my first beauty job. What do you do in a quick manicure( or pedicure) that sets you out from the rest??
Any advice is helpful!
Thanks xxx

Morning, firstly I think the point your boss is missing is in the title 'express' why does she want something extra in it? It does what it says on the tin and for 30 minutes there is not much more you can do that what you have stated. I think if people want to come in for a manicure they won't be doing it whilst colour develops on their hair so perhaps think about keeping the express then having a manicure then a spa manicure (or whatever you wish to call it) and offer different things each time.

I have three different manicure services and people choose which they would prefer - i do very little express services as people treat this as a luxury service for themselves that they want to enjoy; most of my clients chose the spa service to relax and indulge.

Sorry I have not come in with any suggestions for add-ons, good luck xx

I was in the same position as you. Only therapists in a Hair salon and being allowed to take over the beauty. To be honest there isn't much else you can do. You should just explain to your boss there isn't much else other than file cuticle tidy and a little massage and paint that you can do in a 30 minute manicure. As you said she doesn't have much knowledge of the beauty industry and so wouldn't know what's standard in a treatment. She'll appreciate your input a lot more than you trying to come up with something 'unique'.

I would include the vinyl lux polish with a express manicure. It dries faster and you can impress the boss :)

Latest posts

Back