The ‘Kylie effect’ boosts Pond’s sales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
Following Kylie’s admission that Pond’s should be credited for her youthful-looking skin, not Botox, the skincare brand has seen sales soar.

Reinforcing the immense power of celebrity endorsements, sales of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser quadrupled within 36 hours of Kylie’s comments.

It’s what the company is calling the 'Kylie Effect'. The Australian singer revealed: "Yes, I've used botox, but not any more. I'm embracing my age and now my only secret is Pond's Cream. I use it every day. It's all I really use to look after my skin."

Pond's is ordering more stock to meet demand, and increasing production based on the heightened interest in the brand.

Attachments

• 20193232-40013557.jpg
    20193232-40013557.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 122
My a*r*e

There was an article on popbitch some time ago claiming she had a facelift at the same time as her cancer surgery.

Dawn Ive been thinking about this for a long time....

I hope this doesn't offend you but....

I think some times you are a bit shy and you are afraid to say what you really feel....

I just want you to know that it is okay to speak your mind, don't worry about upsetting anyone and just tell the truth......

I hope this little chat has helped you come out of your shell a bit......

LOL

:green::green:

OOPS. Just re-read my post!!!!!

Oh well, highly unlikely that Kylie will be visiting this site!

What a lot of tosh and piffle!
I wonder how much she got paid to say that?

Take it this is all 'cod'swallop' ? I was hoping it was true, how dumb am I :o

What a lot of tosh and piffle!
I wonder how much she got paid to say that?

Lol! I've worked with Kylie and her make up artist in the past and sadly that is the power of PR...most of it's made up by the PR companies!!
x

Yeah and if that were true and we go for the "Pond Effect" - do we all want our faces to look like a woppee cushion :D

What a load of rubbish... I love Kylie, but pleeeassee... shes a Botox Babe... lol

xx

Don't get me wrong I don't believe for one minute that Kylie has just stopped using botox, however, I recently watched something on tv (may have been the 5 o clock show) where they had tried 3 different things and the best result was pond's cold cream.
She used it I think twice a day and once a week as a mask and the difference was visable so I figure for £3.99 why wouldn't you give it a go. Let's face it, it may not be as affective as botox or facelifts but it's non-invasive and very cheap!!

If I had a penny for everytime a product company had told me Kylie or Madonna "raved about their product" I'd be retired by now!! Although the one that really took the biscuit was Aromatherapy Associates telling me the Queen swore by one of their gels for her swollen ankles!!!

Although the one that really took the biscuit was Aromatherapy Associates telling me the Queen swore by one of their gels for her swollen ankles!!!

Now that is priceless !!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back