The awesome money saving thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my vista to Mac Donald's I help myself to the wooden coffee sticks,great for lip and eyebrow waxing .

ooooof, not a great idea to be honest.
You have no idea where they've been; some small child could have grabbed a handful and had his fingers up his nose/bottom/ear/take your pick!
I'm all for saving money but this is one idea I'd pass on!

I cut my spatulas into 4, separate bed roll, use carrier bags for in my bins, only ever half fill my dappen dish with acrylic liquid and use the same glove a few times when tanning xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Luckily I don't pay electric gas and water..it's like a cool box in my room so my heater is constantly on full whack all day!xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

On my vista to Mac Donald's I help myself to the wooden coffee sticks,great for lip and eyebrow waxing .
Also buy Asad smart price coffee it less than a pound and clients always comment how lovely it is(I don't drink coffee so no comment from me)
Also use kitchen roll for wipes.

We have a coffee machine that used to cost £70 to fill every 2 months, now switched to makro own brad coffee and chocolate and coffee mate, its now £30 every 2 to 3 months, and we've had more compliments on the drinks than when we used the expensive stuff that left a crema layer xoxo

Just remembered soundproofing! When redecorating use soundproofing blocks in funky patterns, acts as an insulator and if you have multiple rooms and need quiet in some it will cut the sound. Think I found nice stone effect grey a while back for £1 a blockxoxo

I know it doesnt sound great but my local 99p store does massive stocks of cotton wool pads that I find great quality and also big bags of Johnsons Cotton Wool balls and cotton buds so I always stock up in there as well as on witch hazel too! They also do nail gems and stickers which we use for our princess pamper parties saving other gems for adult nail art!

I get cotton pads and cotton buds from lidl,I also get their nail push remover in the bottles which have a push top so great to use. Really cheap and really good.

I get my gloves in bulk online from brosch direct - buy 10 boxes at a time and get a good deal x

Been to home bargains and they have timers for £2 xoxo

This is a great thread. I am now taking notes! I'm a mobile beautician and not long started so all these tips are very helpful. I too use plastic bags as bins and get my cotton pads/buds from pound shops. I only buy what I NEED not what I WANT. I'm loving the Fsb and free banking with co-op gona make these changes ASAP!!!

I love the 99p shop for my bin liners. I get a whole roll of them, scented, in a pretty colour which looks better as i attach them to my trolley when waxing.

I actually really like wilkinsons own nail polish remover and i love their cotton pads and boxes of tissues too.

I bought pump top bottles off the dreaded ebay, but they were much cheaper than other places and work fantastically. This lets me buy a bigger bottle of the products i use all the time, like scrub fresh, for a better price than buying little and often. Then i decant it into the pump bottle. I also bought a 3 pack of funnels from one of the pound shops to make sure i don't spill any while decanting xx

After reading on Salon Geek this morning that i-chill CDs are license free, I've cancelled my payment (due tomorrow) to PPL for about £130. I've been chilling to and i-chill CD I've had for ages and will buy more, and clients have commented on how relaxing it is! Fab!!!

Oooh I have googled I-shill and its not throwing anything up for me. Where can I find these and how good are they?!

Thankyou

Just thought I'd bump this up again.

I used to use a whole cotton pad per nail for removal - now I cut a cotton pad into four & split each quarter in half - I use one & a quarter cotton pads for the whole removal now... Every little helps!

Just thought I'd bump this up again.

I used to use a whole cotton pad per nail for removal - now I cut a cotton pad into four & split each quarter in half - I use one & a quarter cotton pads for the whole removal now... Every little helps!

I'm similar, use quarters on hands but on toes I use a quarter on the big toe & then if the rest of the toes are tiny, cut the quarter in half again !!

Still works with the soak off, so why not !!

I'm also wondering if the roll of hair dressing foil is cheaper than the pre-cut squares ??!!

Not really saving, more like spending but a nice touch for not many pennies are these, one popped into a foot bath with essential oils, or in a bowl of steaming water for a facial is lovely :) reusable too so no waste!

Lots of different flowers available too if frangipani isn't your thang!

I'm also wondering if the roll of hair dressing foil is cheaper than the pre-cut squares ??!![/QUOTE]

Probably is, can you not use kitchen foil

I'm mobile so to save money on cleaning towels I just use the same one for all my clients and don't bother washing them. They'll never know as I go from house to house. Also, I don't bother cleaning my tools, just a quick wipe will do. I just put some blue food colouring in a spray bottle of water and pretend it's sanitiser. Their hands look a tiny bit blue if you use too much so be careful, you only need a drop.

I buy all the cheap nail varnishes from the markets at 5 for a £1.00. For nail files I use my kids old ice lolly sticks and glue sandpaper onto them.

Foot scrub is a combination of the cheapest moisturiser you can get from the pound shop mixed with sand.

sorry, I'm not taking the mick, I think this is a great thread! I was just having a bit of fun.

I only buy the cheap tissues as the only bit of skin they touch is between the toes. And I only buy on VAT free days from the wholesalers.

I must confess I ran out of magi wraps one day and resorted to a roll of kitchen roll (on my sister) and it works fine! With the cheap stuff you just cut it bigger so you have more to get a tight wrap but it has along with cutting the pads meant I have brought the cost of removal down so much, the value stuff is so cheap I just make sure it's pre cut

Latest posts

Back