The Carlton Institute

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janerx90

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am looking at the course prospectus for The Carlton Institute. Thinking of doing:
- Cosmetic tanning
- Henna body art
- Sugaring

wih them. Has anyone had any experience of their training?

Thanks

Jane

Hi

Yeah I have trained with them at the Windsor center. I have to say I was really impressed with the trainers. I done 2 courses there and some with The Beauty Academy. I have just re booked some more courses with Carlton as I came away feeling confident with what i had been taught. You also spend a lot of time working on each other.

The training room is very big as well and all the trainers are great very helpful.

I think they still have an offer on for November all courses Half price have a look.

Good Luck
x

i have trained with the carlton institute and i have really enjoyed all the training i have recieved over the last few years , however if u do an nvq after your course they do not even phone or follow up on how u are doing , Considering the amount of money these fasttrack courses cost this is a bit bad i think . I have attended the sugaring course as i recieved it free with my full price waxing course and to be honest no one n the class mastered it . several of the pupils paid full price and it only lasted less than 3 hrs . not one understood how to do the hand method of sugaring properly and the whole class ended up just making a big mess!lol however the strip sugar was easy as strip waxing and the good thing about sugaring is that it washes off the skin easy . I def would not have paid for this course tho in my opinion .

I use this college as its the only one really near me that offers short courses. I wish u luck in your next training vicky x

I would just beware if you feel you want to have time to really get to grips with the subject of the course & like to go over things at a reasonable pace & come away feeling completely ready to offer the treatment on your own.

I did a facial course at Carlton but it was only a referesher for me after time out having kids. Everything was covered but it was sooooo fast it felt a bit frenzied at times!

The people who were new to the subject were really struggling & the tutor appeared a bit impatient & short tempered with the ones who asked more Q's or didn't get it straight away. I felt really sorry for them and would not have been happy to come away after one day & feel I would be offering a good facial treatment without my previous training to back me up. By the end of the day, we were working on each other & swapping around a lot & some of the students really didn't know what they were doing. Scary really.

It was quite expensive too & we had to buy a kit as part of the course which was a waste of money for me as I had already got my skincare range & would not have chosen the one they provided by choice at all.

The course was fine for me & gave me what I was after but I have to say I think there are better ones out there. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but I felt I just had to let you know my experience. x

yeah i agree with several of the comments above hun as i said earlier , but if u do decide its the best option for u i thought that u should know that you cab phone up and request not to buy the kit if u do not require it . i really wish i hadnt brought the make up kit now as it was a lot cheaper online and also some of the other equipment and ranges they sell are there own brand beauty works . The do stock an organic range now tho called natural elements which i actually find quite good .hth xx

I have recently completed a waxing course with the Carlton Institute and I feel its too much crammed into too short a time. My course would have been fine for someone who had waxed before. I, however, have never been waxed and knew nothing about it. I feel I have learnt the basic's nad come away with little confidence. I have my insurance to be able to learn more from another.

The reflexologist also went and took a couple courses at the same place and she felt the same as me. A rushed, crammed day!

Latest posts

Back