THE Dreaded pingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
i have recently done a set of l&p on a friend and they have been on about a week now, however two of her nails have come clean off. now i know a bad prep could be be cause but is it possible for someone to have excessivley oily nail plates that could make this happen.

your thoughts please x

I think it is possible cos I have a new client who came to me a couple of weeks back, she'd just had nails put on and within a week 5 had come clean off, so I though maybe it may have been the tech before, maybe she didn't do a good prep.
When I went to visit her all were gone so I gave her a mini manicure and did a full set of L/P, 5 days later I had a call to say 2 had lifed clean off and 2 others were on their way, I was shock cos I've never had that before, so I booked her in to see what was happening, I asked her lots of questions but non of the answers would have caused then to lift, anyway she did however tell me she never has to moisturise her hand because their never dry this made me think she may naturally have an oily nail plate

I repaired and re-did some of the nails for her, this time I used super bond nail primer, its 5 days tomorrow so we'll see what happens, fingers crossed

cheers for that however im still a bit baffled why it is doing this she has worn gel ages and not had this problem. the mind boggles! lol

could it be possible that the gel hadn't cured properly and hadn't bonded to the nails because of it?
maybe you need to check your bulbs, they might be coming to the end of their days and need replacing.

pretty&pampered said:
i have recently done a set of l&p on a friend and they have been on about a week now, however two of her nails have come clean off. now i know a bad prep could be be cause but is it possible for someone to have excessivley oily nail plates that could make this happen.

your thoughts please x

could it be pocket lifting? she may have banged them a few days earlier.

Toni Talons said:
could it be pocket lifting? she may have banged them a few days earlier.

Sounds like it might be pocket lifting from maybe working a wee bit wet on these couple of nails.....especially if they are pinging so soon after application?

ValencianNails said:
could it be possible that the gel hadn't cured properly and hadn't bonded to the nails because of it?
maybe you need to check your bulbs, they might be coming to the end of their days and need replacing.

well... don't I feel a complete jerk.... ???
couldn't be the gel could it... cos it was L+P that was used lmao... sorry :o

<must learn to read posts properly before answering lol>

Latest posts

Back