The Edge course - mistake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm another newbie i'm afraid. I have booked on to do nail extension course by The Edge. After reading the posts on here i'm slightly concerned. Have I made a big mistake and if so can anyone give me any advice?

Thank you :eek:

Anyone? :cry:

Hi Jman

I have never purchased any of The Edge products so I cannot give an opinion on them or their training courses. However, if you are committed to training with them I would try to be upbeat, confident and excited about your new career. At the end of the day, a good nail technician never stops learning. This industry changes so fast with new and improved techniques and products that a good nail tech in my opinion should update thier training regularly. So, even if you do your course and are not entirely happy with it, its not the end of the world and there are many techs on this site that will be happy to advise and help you along the way. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes! You have made a big mistake...Sorry. I done the quick dip course it was terrible, I booked it through a wholesale company I used for hairdressing supplies. They advertised it as ideal for begginers. It is NOT! they don't teach you even how to blend! The products are c**p, the tutoring the same and if you have any questions after they do not answer their mobiles or e-mails. I complained after I had done more training, only to be told by their training manager who claimed she had worked for nsi and cnd that blending wasn't a vital part of learning nail enhancements! My advice is get your money back, save a bit and choose another company to train with. Have a good read at posts on here and contact the various companys and see how they treat you as a customer. I hope you enjoy learning everything nails who ever you decide to train with. :)

Hi Jman

I have never purchased any of The Edge products so I cannot give an opinion on them or their training courses. However, if you are committed to training with them I would try to be upbeat, confident and excited about your new career. At the end of the day, a good nail technician never stops learning. This industry changes so fast with new and improved techniques and products that a good nail tech in my opinion should update thier training regularly. So, even if you do your course and are not entirely happy with it, its not the end of the world and there are many techs on this site that will be happy to advise and help you along the way. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I agree with this. If you are already booked onto the course, take everything you can from it and enjoy it.

Different people can have different experiences with the same company depending on where they are located and how long ago they trained with that company.

If you can get your money back and you're uncertain of the course your taking, then do so and spend some time investigating the different companies available to train with so you are confident in you choice. Good luck whatever you do. I didnt start with great training but this site has provided fantastic info and support for me to keep improving my skills :hug: xxxx

Thank you so much for your replies. I think i'm too late to get a refund now but I will go in there with a positive attitude and take everything I can from it. I guess if I need more training then I will just have to save my pennies for a conversion course.

Thank you again. :)

xxxx

Big mistake
the course is poor for your money
the products are bad
your clients nails will continue to keep lifting
dont waste your money
i did for a year i nearly gave up untill i had better training

Some of these course that sally's and Capital hair and Beauty run, really don't turn out that cheap!
You think you are getting a good deal till VAT is added and then paid for your kit.
So I think sometimes it's worth looking around for better training..I made a mistake of doing a mani and pedi course with them a while back..the tutor turned up complaining she has broken 2 nails and the Edge products was rubbish but good enough to learn with :eek:
She spent more time telling us about her ex and texting the whole world

I'm not saying they are all like her, but price and training some times is good to check around....So I guess take away what you can from it and see how you feel :hug:

You definitely need to do your homework before booking courses, but I do agree with Jman ... what ever you do it is only the start and a small one at that ... a tiny toe in the water. You will not be competent or a professional when you have finished .. just a beginner .. so go to your class with an open mind and get the best out of what is offered that you can. When you have finished you can contact another training provider and go further. Just to get you started .. contact CND on 08452106060 or visit Welcome - Sweet Squared the UK home of CND.

Latest posts

Back