The end is nigh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyrose

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my last day in my current job as a personal assistant!! so not so much geeking for me, im starting work ina beauty salon on saturday (starting as receptionist, then she said if i wanna train in their nails and spray tan etc i can). then monday iv got the womens marathon...and on tuesday iv to go into hospital for a op, had to take some time off for r & r after that and then start properly in the salon on monday....im kackin tho...iv been in this job for 4 years and i work with all men bar one woman who only works parttime, and im moving to an all girl envirnment...i used to work in toni & guy before this job and that was all mainly women and it got very bitchy...i just hope these girls are nicer! im also ina 9-5 mon - fri job at the mo and in my new job iv to work saturdays...i just hope im not making a mistake. did anyone else move from office to salon??

good luck with your new job.:lol:

Good luck with the job,run and the op hope all goes well xx:hug:

thanks doll...me too..iva mad weekend ahead :eek:

good luck with the op and the new job babes:hug:

I used to work in a HUGE travel agents when i first left school - predominantley women - never worked in such a bitchy environment in all my life HATED IT.

WOrked in a male dominated business for the last 13 yrs much nicer ! MOST of the time:eek:

amb xx

yeah thats wat im worried about...wat is it with women and insecurities..we all have them but 90% of us arnt bitchy about it...it's just a select few you get catty

Good Luck Hun, hope every things goes well in your new job and with your op xxxx

Good luck. I am sooooo jealous!!!:green:

well im sure if i fiddle the forms and u can have the op for me!!! haha

wendyrose said:
yeah thats wat im worried about...wat is it with women and insecurities..we all have them but 90% of us arnt bitchy about it...it's just a select few you get catty

You said it! And all-female environments seem to bring out the worst in the catty ones.

In our (my mum's and mine) salon we keep a close eye on what goes on between the staff (all female!). We've already had to let one member of staff go due to bullying. I, in particular (because I'm less busy than my mum) establish good relationships with all staff so I can deal with situations efficiently should they arise, and understand all sides of the story.

I suppose the thing to do is go in to your new job with no hang-ups or worries and deal with any situations when and if they arise. I'm sure they won't if the salon is well-managed.

Good luck darling :)

Latest posts

Back