The Facebook/Twitter/Instagram rant thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh where did you get the named cushion from ???

nom nom nom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got one who does that. It changes depending who's upset her. Sister in favour then hubby in favour. When they've colluded against her it changes to a horse lol

I almost died laughing at this comment! Bcoz my ex 's sister does this and so does his mom like both are house wives so I expect they have so much free time to sky change profile pictures like snap chat. Whahahahahaha

Beauty at your finger tips!

Oh where did you get the named cushion from ???

Pet Shack, they have a FB page and a website, his name is Martin and he's an upholsterer. The quality is amazing. £10. Made and delivered in a few days.

Pet Shack, they have a FB page and a website, his name is Martin and he's an upholsterer. The quality is amazing. £10. Made and delivered in a few days.

Ok thanks... oh no, I have to get on FB.. Hate Fb, will look at the website :cool:

That cushion.. omg :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just posted a picture of my cat, Muffin, on FB as she's 2 today.
Is this annoying behaviour? 😄

Whahahaha and your user name has muffin in it. So ur just as bad as the mommy to Isabella.

No it's fine I throw my cat birthday parties life is too short to not have some fun! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397935225.131166.jpg
This is my wonderful adorable smart cleaver CAT Krispen! She turned 12 and ate a whole piece of cake and bowl of milk. Me owe d happily and had a great dayxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Guess what? Missy has one too
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397935380.490308.jpg

I'm going to get booted off this thread in a minute for annoying cat pics lol

I love seeing cats on my fb time line. Cats are way better than babies!

Posting a new treatment or massage discipline on your Facebook business page and getting replies and private messages from 'likers' saying 'if you need a guinea pig' (No mention of booking or paying).

Errr no... cheeky moo :irked:

Posting a new treatment or massage discipline on your Facebook business page and getting replies and private messages from 'likers' saying 'if you need a guinea pig' (No mention of booking or paying).

Errr no... cheeky moo :irked:

I've had that once!!! I think I posted a pic of my special offer on my business page and a client (who thankfully doesn't come to me anymore) commented on my status and said 'hunny if u ever need to practice on someone I'm always available) I couldn't help myself so I said... Thank you for the offer however I do not feel I need to 'practice' anymore as I am fully qualified, I have a good few years experience behind me and I've just finished working at one of the best spa hotels in the country where massage was the most popular treatment.. So again... I don't feel I need to practice anymore!!

The utter cheek f some ppl. Do they not realise how desperate it makes them look!!! 😬 I noticed her doing it on other salons pages in the area too. Thank god she never came back, I can't stand chancers like that!!!

Nicola! Xxx

I have a client who is also a friend and have known her for years and I have had her as a friend on FB for ages, long before I'd started doing her nails. Anyway, without going into too much detail she'd posted news the other month about how she had to attend court, eventually after a long drawn out saga with her step-father and a massive fall out with the family. She posted every single detail you can imagine about what had happened to her as a child etc and how it's affected her and her husband bla bla bla. I did feel really sorry for her but at the time of reading I can remember thinking "would you really want every man and his dog knowing what you've encountered and now going through"? Anyway, after the court case, she booked me in for her nails, and after going through our normal pleasantries etc, I politely asked her how she was holding up after the court experience now that it was all over (not even implying that I wanted to know anything about that, just purely how SHE was) and she promptly replied "Oh I can't possibly tell you about it Dee, the whole thing is not something you can just blab about"! Well I nearly fell off my chair!!! LOL!!! I did think after, perhaps she just didn't want ME to know, but then 2 days later she's posting it all over FB again - and she thinks I can't see it?!?!?!!! You gotta laugh!!

I'm loving this thread after looking at my FB this morning and asking myself why I need to read or see this s*** from people I care little about.

I rarely put things on there anymore, who cares what I'm up to!

I hate seeing pictures of everyone's kids, nobody likes your kids as much as you do! And do you actually know who is looking at them pictures!

Thankfully my 14 year old daughter doesn't post provocative pictures on her Facebook, but she often shows me some that girls at her school post. Very worrying! Why do their parents allow this!

I'm sick of seeing baby pics on Facebook, my newest niece for example, yes she's beautiful and cute and I'd love to see pictures of her but no I don't want to see a COLLAGE of her with orange food all over her face and up her nose. Please!

There are so many things I hate about Facebook and what it's turning people into.

My family use Path, it's much more personal, a bit like a family photo album that only we can see. I love it. We keep asking my Brother in Law with the orange faced baby to go on there so we can see pics of our Niece (my husband doesn't have Facebook) but he'd rather show the world, and people that just don't care, the pictures.

Another thing that annoys me is when people you know/used to know send you a friend request and then ignore you in the street. Hello!? We were just chatting the other night on Facebook! It's as if Facebook is giving us all alter egos.

I have my business Facebook page but would love to delete my personal one. I've had enough of it.

Could I create a fake FB and use that to manage my business page?

I'm loving this thread after looking at my FB this morning and asking myself why I need to read or see this s*** from people I care little about.

I hate seeing pictures of everyone's kids, nobody likes your kids as much as you do! And do you actually know who is looking at them pictures!

Thankfully my 14 year old daughter doesn't post provocative pictures on her Facebook, but she often shows me some that girls at her school post. Very worrying! Why do their parents allow this!

I'm sick of seeing baby pics on Facebook, my newest niece for example, yes she's beautiful and cute and I'd love to see pictures of her but no I don't want to see a COLLAGE of her with orange food all over her face and up her nose. Please!

There are so many things I hate about Facebook and what it's turning people into.

My family use Path, it's much more personal, a bit like a family photo album that only we can see. I love it. We keep asking my Brother in Law with the orange faced baby to go on there so we can see pics of our Niece (my husband doesn't have Facebook) but he'd rather show the world, and people that just don't care, the pictures.

Another thing that annoys me is when people you know/used to know send you a friend request and then ignore you in the street. Hello!? We were just chatting the other night on Facebook! It's as if Facebook is giving us all alter egos.

I have my business Facebook page but would love to delete my personal one. I've had enough of it.

You don't actually have to have a personal Facebook page anymore to create a business page. You can make a business page by clicking the option underneath the whole filling the profile form in when u search for Facebook x

Nicola! Xxx

You don't actually have to have a personal Facebook page anymore to create a business page. You can make a business page by clicking the option underneath the whole filling the profile form in when u search for Facebook x

Nicola! Xxx

Would I have to start again with my business page though?

I'm not sure u may have to google that

Nicola! Xxx

Would I have to start again with my business page though?

Yes, you need to start again, I've just done similar (because of a name change) and its a nightmare, currently only 26 of my 173 likers have switched over grrrr!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a couple of ideas. Time consuming though. You could create a profile just for work if you have a large proportion of 'friends' that are related to work. Delete them from your personal fb, then go through who is left on your lost and click 'unfollow' for anyone who is getting on your nerves to this degree, their news will not show in your newsfeed but you don't offend by un friending. x

Latest posts

Back