The Facebook/Twitter/Instagram rant thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you need to start again, I've just done similar (because of a name change) and its a nightmare, currently only 26 of my 173 likers have switched over grrrr!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok, I might just do it! I've been thinking of having a business name change anyway so will do it then. Thanks!

I keep telling myself it will be better in the long run, I'm much happier with my new name and I don't have to be faced with crappy news feeds from every tom dick & harry every time I log on! Good luck x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm loving this thread after looking at my FB this morning and asking myself why I need to read or see this s*** from people I care little about.

I rarely put things on there anymore, who cares what I'm up to!

I hate seeing pictures of everyone's kids, nobody likes your kids as much as you do! And do you actually know who is looking at them pictures!

Thankfully my 14 year old daughter doesn't post provocative pictures on her Facebook, but she often shows me some that girls at her school post. Very worrying! Why do their parents allow this!

I'm sick of seeing baby pics on Facebook, my newest niece for example, yes she's beautiful and cute and I'd love to see pictures of her but no I don't want to see a COLLAGE of her with orange food all over her face and up her nose. Please!

There are so many things I hate about Facebook and what it's turning people into.

My family use Path, it's much more personal, a bit like a family photo album that only we can see. I love it. We keep asking my Brother in Law with the orange faced baby to go on there so we can see pics of our Niece (my husband doesn't have Facebook) but he'd rather show the world, and people that just don't care, the pictures.

Another thing that annoys me is when people you know/used to know send you a friend request and then ignore you in the street. Hello!? We were just chatting the other night on Facebook! It's as if Facebook is giving us all alter egos.

I have my business Facebook page but would love to delete my personal one. I've had enough of it.

Could I create a fake FB and use that to manage my business page?

I think you can create a false identity which is what I have. You then make the false id an admin for your page then delete your personal existing page from admin so you can still control your page without losing any likes - I think lol

Vicki x

I think you can create a false identity which is what I have. You then make the false id an admin for your page then delete your personal existing page from admin so you can still control your page without losing any likes - I think lol

Vicki x

Excellent!! X

Vicki x

Ooh I like this idea, will give this a try today!

Anyhow after reading all these posts I had a good chuckle ! And I decided to remove all personal pictures from my Instagram account and have just nails and make up I do and re named.

And I don't have Facebook anymore anyhow so that's one less thing to worry about!

😂😂😂

Beauty at your finger tips!

I've had that once!!! I think I posted a pic of my special offer on my business page and a client (who thankfully doesn't come to me anymore) commented on my status and said 'hunny if u ever need to practice on someone I'm always available) I couldn't help myself so I said... Thank you for the offer however I do not feel I need to 'practice' anymore as I am fully qualified, I have a good few years experience behind me and I've just finished working at one of the best spa hotels in the country where massage was the most popular treatment.. So again... I don't feel I need to practice anymore!!

The utter cheek f some ppl. Do they not realise how desperate it makes them look!!! �� I noticed her doing it on other salons pages in the area too. Thank god she never came back, I can't stand chancers like that!!!

Nicola! Xxx

I teach couples massage, I advertised it and how it can help with increasing intimacy, perfect for couples to practice on each other, lovely as a gift etc and I got a reply 'Do you need a model'? :suprised:

I replied, 'I don't think that my couples will appreciate someone else joining in on their private tuition time, however the cost is £x if you would like to book yourself on'.

No reply :)

Opened my FB and there's 3 ads for local nails. This happens daily. There's not enough hands to go round in this area and yet they still pop up. It has to stop somewhere

This is probably going to offend some people because I know everyone does it.(I don't mean it to) But do people not send cards anymore or is that just old school now? I'm forever seeing peoples status's not even a message on there page!!!!!!! 'Happy Birthday blah blah your the bestest friend in the whole wide world, I know we have our ups and downs...' CRINGEEE! Or 'happy birthday to my nan that past away 5 years ago' yes it must be a sad day but putting it on Facebook? She probably didn't have facebook so it would be the last place she'd look if you were wishing her a happy birthday?

I just cant get my head around it.

Hi Squidger! I couldn't agree more! I hate Facebook too! Facebook Shmacebook! I love my friends and family and love to see what they are up to when I'm away from home with my hard working Hubby!

Any more than that is too much for me too! I have a deleting session every new year of acquaintances and old school friends I haven't seen for years! There is a reason why I haven't seen them for years!

I have recently un followed a quarter of my "friends" so as not to offend!

More than babies and children, I hate photos of pets! And really don't need to know what people are having for their dinner! Or see photos of two wine glasses and a bowl of fruit! What!

I like the idea of Pace! Going to have a look at that! It sounds great!

Loved your post! Love the honesty! I don't know what we are all turning into either! Very funny and very true! 💞

Beccalou

That should have said Path! 💞

Beccalou

I have to say that sometimes Facebook can be really good for raising money for charity as long as it is a registered charity and not just one of your mates doing a mile fun run! I have seen some really good people doing a lot of a good things and working hard at it! That I do like to see! 💞

Beccalou

Local competitors 'liking' your business page, perhaps just to be nosey as you know they'll never, ever visit you.

I personally don't do it (I've liked a couple of friends who work in the industry, that's it), plus it actually stops potential customers seeing your posts.

Local competitors 'liking' your business page, perhaps just to be nosey as you know they'll never, ever visit you.

I personally don't do it (I've liked a couple of friends who work in the industry, that's it), plus it actually stops potential customers seeing your posts.

Why does it stop potential customers seeing your posts?

Nicola! Xxx

Why does it stop potential customers seeing your posts?

Nicola! Xxx

You only have a % of 'likers' who will see your posts (new Facebook rules) so if your Facebook reach is watered down by people who have no interest or reason to actually visit you, you are less likely to interact with paying customers.

This is one reason I did not put my new business page on the 'share your Facebook' thread.

xx

Missymuffin, I knew there was a fb rant page somewhere :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Missymuffin, I knew there was a fb rant page somewhere :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah thank you xxx

Here goes then...

I hate how everyone hash tags stuff and it's not even on twitter.
Whole damn sentences that go
#hi #nails #by #me #pink #polish
Grrrr!!!

Ah thank you xxx

Here goes then...

I hate how everyone hash tags stuff and it's not even on twitter.
Whole damn sentences that go
#hi #nails #by #me #pink #polish
Grrrr!!!

#rant #angry #annoyed #annoyance #grrr #flabbergasted #iamanob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

#rant #angry #annoyed #annoyance #grrr #flabbergasted #iamanob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

#no #i #am #not #a #nob #grumpy #Old #woman

Latest posts

Back