The "Francesco Way"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmb21

Reaction score
Hi :)

I just wondered what any of you thought to this..

My college has now become a francesco academy meaning we will learn to cut, style & colour the way francesco salons do.

Today I had my first cutting session and my tutor was teaching us from her step by step francesco book as she is new to their way of cutting. She also said that the salon she works in asked her if she had gone mad because of the way she was cutting, apparently the cut came out perfect & the client was pleased but my question is.. Will learning to cut in a certain brand names style make me un employable ??

I probably sound stupid but it's just a thought I had after my tutor saying her colleagues thought the style of cutting was strange lol

Xx

You should be taught good solid basics including
One length
Forward graduation
Graduation
Round layers
Square layers
Once you have these in place you learn to combine/vary and personalise these techniques.
TBH I cut very differently now to when I was taught (Regis training) so I wouldn't worry too much BUT. we would never employ a college graduate without salon experience s those we have trade tested fall short.
Ask a local salon with a good reputation if you can do work experience during holidays and on your day off as I found watching stylists work far more educational then college education. Good luck

I am taught the Francisco way and to be honest some things are ridiculous that I had to stick to on level 2! Such as plaiting the side if the hair to act as a guard of length!

But now I'm on level 3 it's all about being commercial so of course we don't do that it's more just about the Francesco way of sectioning patterns for each haircut. And I feel the Francesco sectioning patterns are quite thorough which they need to be while training :) at first it all seemed a bit OTT but now I wouldn't know any different... I doubt it would affect employment as Francesco are known for having a good teaching standard and that's what employers are looking for xx

I'm sad to say iv not heard of it so would bypass a cv with it on. Like said above, a basic but solid base education is what's needed not some branded new fangled (I sound so old but I'm only 23) technique xoxo

I am taught the Francisco way and to be honest some things are ridiculous that I had to stick to on level 2! Such as plaiting the side if the hair to act as a guard of length!

But now I'm on level 3 it's all about being commercial so of course we don't do that it's more just about the Francesco way of sectioning patterns for each haircut. And I feel the Francesco sectioning patterns are quite thorough which they need to be while training :) at first it all seemed a bit OTT but now I wouldn't know any different... I doubt it would affect employment as Francesco are known for having a good teaching standard and that's what employers are looking for xx

Never heard of francesco... Not sure if that's bad? Lol but I sometimes plait the bottom 2 inch section of the hair to protect the length if it's that type of hair u tend to get lost in lol got the idea from lee staffords video on myhairdresser.com

Never heard of francesco... Not sure if that's bad? Lol but I sometimes plait the bottom 2 inch section of the hair to protect the length if it's that type of hair u tend to get lost in lol got the idea from lee staffords video on myhairdresser.com

Haha well I've heard it's in the top 5 salon franchises for the uk, so maybe you could research it...

Suppose it's a good tip for certain people I just thought it was too much of a safe guard and that I should be in control of what I'm cutting and not leaving it down to the plait to stop me making mistakes, (of course that's fine I you like to do it I just didn't see need) unless i'm doing a complete disconnection i don't tend to plait during cutting

anyhow its nothing major to be taught 'the francesco' way just that our college salon is owned by francesco so were taught there way, as is the beauty salon with Hoar Cross Hall, we are taught and the procedures are carried out like any other hoar cross hall spa xx

I was taught with Francesco,and completed my level 2-3 and assessing units with them,and have never faced a prob in my progression,you do however adapt to your own way,just like driving!!! At the end of the day if your happy with the salon enjoy the experience and who knows if/when you decide to leave your employment you could show other stylists ways that you were shown?!!;-)😉

Yeah I agree everyone finds their own style :)

I've never heard of it either! Sorry!

How does it differ from other training?

I first heard of It when it was on under cover boss. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

To be brutally honest, I hadn't heard of them either until undercover boss.

I didn't mean to ask if it would make me more employable but wether certain salons might be apprehensive about employing a stylist that has been trained one way.

But I suppose like alot of things I will pick up ways to suit me during my career so it will be alright lol

Xx

Latest posts

Back