The Gel Bottle problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBun1710

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve had a couple of clients come back recently for repairs or new sets of nails with chips in a lot of their nails when I’ve used Gel Bottle on them. And all within 2 weeks.
I’ve done Shellac for years with absolutely no problems so this is really strange for me.
I’m doing everything I should be and I obviously know how to apply gel polish such as capping etc so I’m at a loss as to why this is happening.
Am I applying it too thin? Too thick?
Any help appreciated!

What base coat are you using? I tend to always use rubber base but use it thinly. Also for clients that are prone to breakages, I put a layer of BIAB over the base coat. Then continue with colour coats and top coat. Hope this helps x

Agree with Hippy Chick regarding base coat. Their gel polish is long lasting but it really needs to have a base coat. So there is base coat, rubber base (which is good for those with weak nails) and biab which can be used as a base.

We are using the rubber base. It’s the only one we have at the moment as we’re trialling it.
How are you pricing your Gels if you’re also using BIAB?

We are using the rubber base. It’s the only one we have at the moment as we’re trialling it.
How are you pricing your Gels if you’re also using BIAB?
I price BIAB the same as my overlay price. In fact it is now the ONLY product I use as an overlay as it outlasts any other hard gel I've used!

Latest posts

Back