The L'Oreal thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question about toning with luo - everyone at my salon uses 9 vol for toning with luo but I don't think loreal endorse this they say use the luo releaser but I agree with them 25 vol does seem overkill for toning surely it would make the rest of the hair a bit root glowy and wouldn't deposit much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek mobile app

Question about toning with luo - everyone at my salon uses 9 vol for toning with luo but I don't think loreal endorse this they say use the luo releaser but I agree with them 25 vol does seem overkill for toning surely it would make the rest of the hair a bit root glowy and wouldn't deposit much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek mobile app

The P01, P02 and so on shades do not lighten that much as a 10.01 by Luo would do. There is less ammonia in them. Still they are thought as a toner on an allover colour rather than on highlights as they slightly bump the base.
I have not tried to use them with a different/lower developer but I guess then they grab really quick and less even.

when people talk about permanent toners. Luo is a permanent toner roght?

when people talk about permanent toners. Luo is a permanent toner roght?

Well permanent or not that doesn't really matter! All colourants fade to some extend be that demi, semi or permanent.

Has anyone used platinium plus when doing freehand highlights? I've got a client in next Saturday who has that technique but her hair is quite damaged so wondered if this lightener would be better than multi-tech powder? Her natural base is a 6.

Also has anyone used inoa 10s as toners and do they last longer than dias?

Thanks [emoji4]

Has anyone used platinium plus when doing freehand highlights? I've got a client in next Saturday who has that technique but her hair is quite damaged so wondered if this lightener would be better than multi-tech powder? Her natural base is a 6.

Also has anyone used inoa 10s as toners and do they last longer than dias?

Thanks [emoji4]

Platinium Plus is my main balayage lightener, you would mix it about 1:2 ratio depending on how you like the consistency. The Freehand Techniques powder is nice but not as strong, otherwise the Platinium Ammonia Free is also nice for balayage if the hair is sensitised or you don't have too much warmth to lift out.

Inoa isn't ideal for toning since you need to apply it to dry hair and also the oil makes it look really dark when developing so it's hard to check the development.

Platinium Plus is my main balayage lightener, you would mix it about 1:2 ratio depending on how you like the consistency. The Freehand Techniques powder is nice but not as strong, otherwise the Platinium Ammonia Free is also nice for balayage if the hair is sensitised or you don't have too much warmth to lift out.

Inoa isn't ideal for toning since you need to apply it to dry hair and also the oil makes it look really dark when developing so it's hard to check the development.

What do you mean 'not as strong'

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi just a quick question, would you still mix it he platinum plus 1:2 with olaplex on freehand?

Hi just a quick question, would you still mix it he platinum plus 1:2 with olaplex on freehand?

I would mix it thicker with olaplex, I always prefere it on the thicker side for balayage anyway.

A L'Oreal woman came into our college a few weeks ago and had never heard of Tertiary colours. How can someone come into a college to teach colour theory and not know what tertiary colours are?

I like loreal more, inoa may give u issues with grey hair occasionally but its application, and I have never had an issue with majirel covering grey, if ur clients change up there colours a lot, it's is much easier to switch around with loreal, also majirel is 1 to 1.5 to more bang for your buck! Great training, but it's a lot of product to stock! Good luck with your choice

Guys and dolls, what are your go to Dia's for colour correction.

Very often I've had a client who needs toning and isn't quite a 9 and I have a pants selections for neutralising.

Which colours do you tend to use most of?
Mainly around the 7-8-9 bases.

I can't find the post!

What is in .8 (mocha)? Is it .5, .4, .7?

And what's in a .5 (mahogany)?

I can't find the post!

What is in .8 (mocha)? Is it .5, .4, .7?

And what's in a .5 (mahogany)?

.8 Mocha is made up of - .1 blue ash, .2 Iridescent, .3 gold .5 Mahogany, .7 Metallic Green

.5 Mahogany is made up of .4 copper .2 Iridescent

Can someone explain the Inoa new high resistant blondes to me?

Only had a fleeting meeting with him so he didn't say a lot.

From what I've heard of them they'd make good toners? But they're permanent so that's that plan out the window!

Adding these for future reference
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480051262.698145.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480051238.169182.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1480051250.830436.jpg

what's everyone's thoughts on smart bond? iam yet to use it as I love olaplex
x

Latest posts

Back