the perfect pink...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
hi geeks
I was after a perfect pink colour. I use creative products but cant seem to get the pink color that i want.:!: any suggestions? I have brought a custom blend kit. and dabbled a bit with that but still not happy. I notice that when i put the pink colour that i made the white colour doesnt seem to be as vibrant.... I really need some help. any of you want to give me their fav recipe for pink I would be very appreciate. I hav ebeen on the custiom blend tutorial but still not sure am I just being daft... lol
PLease someone answer ,as its driving me crazzzzzzy.
thanks
Anne xx:rolleyes:

Is it an opaque pink you are after or a transluscent one - if you let us know what sort of pink you are looking for then maybe we can help - that is the Royal We LOL.

If you make a blend what are its failings - not pink enough - too peachy etc. etc.

When your saying that the white doesnt look as vibrant when your pink is applied, are you pulling the pink over the white?
AS Fiona says it depends what kind of pink you want. A mix I use a lot is 50/50 perfect pink and flawless. Also the same again but with two scoops of white and a pinch of spanish tile (I use a mortor and pessel to make it finer which stops it from looking grainy when applied to the nail), also a good colour for custom blending. hth

hello guys.
I seem to get it too peachy looking.I really want a colour that i can use for a reg rebalance and also one to elongate the nail,but that has no shadowing effect.If that makes sense...I have tried the base mix from the tutorial,but it looked really orange,Dont now what I did but the more \i added to fix it the more yuckky in colour it got.( very technical term yuckkky )
as for the mix of 50/50 pink & flawless,would that be totally opauge ?Could you use it to elongate the nail bed. I tend to use mainly cnd clear tips. No i dont pull the pink over the white.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Annexx

hello guys.
I seem to get it too peachy looking.I really want a colour that i can use for a reg rebalance and also one to elongate the nail,but that has no shadowing effect.If that makes sense...I have tried the base mix from the tutorial,but it looked really orange,Dont now what I did but the more \i added to fix it the more yuckky in colour it got.( very technical term yuckkky )
as for the mix of 50/50 pink & flawless,would that be totally opauge ?Could you use it to elongate the nail bed. I tend to use mainly cnd clear tips. No i dont pull the pink over the white.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Annexx

Do you have a colour wheel - if your mix is too anything - eg peachy - then you may have too much flawless or orange in your mix - you may need to add more red for example - but the amounts needed to make a change are really miniscule.

A 50/50 flawless and pink would not be very opaque but a bit half and half LOL.

I hope there are more experts in custom colour that will help a bit more - have you read all of the tutorials on here about custom colour.

fiona
I have read all of the tutorials on custom blend. dont know whether its justme but it doesnt seem to sink in.I think I will have to sit down and keep reading until i get it.lol.anyway is it the opposite colour to each other on the colour wheel that are the ones that you add to change the original colour,(that really sounds like it doesnt make any sense)do you know what I mean ?

hi , i use 50/50 perfect pink and intence pink ,this i find gives you a lovely pink and it is also translusent. hope this helps.

to counteract an overly orange colour you should use blue, but only adding a very very very small amount at a time. The blue will help neutralise the orange. (just a note, if you added an equal amounts of orange and blue together it turns into a greyish hue, which you don't want.)

If you are finding the base blend too peach why not try one of the other blends. Such as Sams all round pink blend, this is nice and for those that like a really pink/ white contrast go even heavier with the red (Spanish Tile)

This can look very dramatic!

If you are finding the base blend too peach why not try one of the other blends. Such as Sams all round pink blend, this is nice and for those that like a really pink/ white contrast go even heavier with the red (Spanish Tile)

This can look very dramatic!
hi
is sams mix
3 flawless
1 white
sml amount melting pot
sml amount spanish tile
and a tiny amount quartz
thanks Anne

off the top of my head that is the cool/violet mix.

All round Pink Blend:

4 parts flawless
1 part soft white
4/100 part melting pot
4/100 part spanish tile

(I have a few clients that like a really pink look so I go with a bit more spanish tile) HTH

off the top of my head that is the cool/violet mix.

All round Pink Blend:

4 parts flawless
1 part soft white
4/100 part melting pot
4/100 part spanish tile

(I have a few clients that like a really pink look so I go with a bit more spanish tile) HTH
thankyou
i am going to get mixing straight away
thankyou everyone for your help
cheers
Anne xxxxx:lol:

As has been mentioned before I think - grind the Spanish Tile a bit in a mortar and pestle as it can be very slightly grainy.

to counteract an overly orange colour you should use blue, but only adding a very very very small amount at a time. The blue will help neutralise the orange. (just a note, if you added an equal amounts of orange and blue together it turns into a greyish hue, which you don't want.)

thanks again for that sheryl.Boy I reallY SEEM TO BE PICKING YOUR BRAIN LALTELY:smack: LOL. I tried your recipes and they look pretty good.I think Im finally getting the hang of them.BUT........:!: would yuo custom blend every customer?
thanks again
Anne

lol, no probs.
I treat custom blending as an added service, so they get charged for it. Which means if they want a custom blend then fine, but if they don't you can only try your best to sell it to them. In saying that, once they have tried custom blend they will stick with it. Remember whatever you have on your nails they will usually want to try themselves, so make sure that you have a custom blend.:hug: HTH

:eek:
lol, no probs.
I treat custom blending as an added service, so they get charged for it. Which means if they want a custom blend then fine, but if they don't you can only try your best to sell it to them. In saying that, once they have tried custom blend they will stick with it. Remember whatever you have on your nails they will usually want to try themselves, so make sure that you have a custom blend.:hug: HTH
sheryl.
I did a custom blend last night and the pink looked patchy in some areas.It was a mix of 3.flawless 1 white 1 twilight..As i applied it it was ok but when i was smoothing it in zone 2 it went patchy.Im not sure why.any ideas?:!:

:eek:
sheryl.
I did a custom blend last night and the pink looked patchy in some areas.It was a mix of 3.flawless 1 white 1 twilight..As i applied it it was ok but when i was smoothing it in zone 2 it went patchy.Im not sure why.any ideas?:!:
ummmmmm, did you give the powder a good mix/shake before using?
Also was your mix ratio correct?
maybe when you were smoothing it you accidently dragged the product?
When doing zone 2 it's best to make the product flush with the nail at the end closest to zone 3, then with your 50/50 blend/clear used in zone 3 bring it over so that it's flush with the peak of zone 2. Does that make any sense?
I've found the less I play with the product the better the result.

Anyone else able to add anything?

"]I think it was the mix itself,I dont think I shook it as much as I should have.Anyway I made another candy pink mix today and did a customers nail in that and my own,and I didnt have any problems.Maybe it might have had too much flawless pink in it.I have read that if its not applied correctly that it too can look all blotchy]thanks for your help

thanks again for that sheryl.Boy I reallY SEEM TO BE PICKING YOUR BRAIN LALTELY:smack: LOL. I tried your recipes and they look pretty good.I think Im finally getting the hang of them.BUT........:!: would yuo custom blend every customer?
thanks again
Anne

I have read all this thread with my mouth hanging open.
Iwould be happy to get any colouron any part of the nail looking good and staying put!
You lot are clever!!!!!!!!!!:)

Latest posts

Back