The SEO Help Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id say more interested than in the industry although i have done a few bits and bobs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My website is Nails and Beyond, Mobile Beauty, Liverpool offering Acrylic Nails, Shellac, Minx, Spray Tans, Pamper Parties, Eye Treatments, Waxing - Welcome

Been trying to get my head around SEO and whilst I seem to come up highly in some areas, some key words aren't showing up on Google whatsover which I really need to address.

Any help or advice appreciated. :biggrin::biggrin:

Your page titles are abit too long, remember google only shows 70 characters of your page title in the search results, so over half of your titles are being cut off! They are abit keyword stuffed too! This is quite a common thing, but it can really hurt your search engine rankings.

Try to cut your Titles down, pick your main treatments that you would like to rank for and put them in your home page title.

Change your titles for each treatment page to be more specific. For example, on your hand treatment page your title is "Nails and Beyond, Mobile Beauty, Liverpool offering Acrylic Nails, Shellac, Minx, Spray Tans, Pamper Parties, Eye Treatments, Waxing - Hand Treats". You shouldn't keyword stuff your internal pages, if it's a page talking about your hand treatments then adjust your page titles to suite it! A great title would be something like:

"Hand Treatments in Liverpool | Nails and Beyond"

Think about it from a potential clients point of view. If they want a shellac manicure, they are going to search "shellac manicure liverpool", they aren't going to search "Mobile Beauty, Liverpool offering Acrylic Nails, Shellac, Minx, Spray Tans, Pamper Parties, Eye Treatments, Waxing - Hand Treats".

Your page titles tell google exactly what the page is about.

Hope that makes sense.

Just reading this before I go to nged after spending all evening trying to improve my listing - will be back tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

What a great thread! Ill be posting the link to my website tomo ready for you to scrutinize! Only just transfered my domain name so hopefully it will be ready tomo :) xx

Can I edit vistaprints websites very easily?

I have no idea when it comes to SEO but according to vistaprint my site is only 27% optomised

A warm welcome from Jemima, Toni, Vicki and Charlotte - Welcome or A warm welcome from Jemima, Toni, Vicki and Charlotte - Welcome (points at the first one)

Not used vistaprint websites before so can't really comment, I assume they give you enough control to change the essentials though.

Again, you should rethink your titles. Page titles really are the bread and butter of on site SEO. There is a fantastic guide to titles here: Title Tag SEO Best Practices - Meta Tag Optimization | SEOmoz

I suggest you give it a read. Basically you NEED to have your primary keywords in your titles, and don't use the same title for every page. A homepage title should contain:

Your primary and secondary keywords , but still read correctly. For example, if I was offering seo services and onsite audits in london and my company was called Geek Consultants, a great title would be:

SEO and Onsite Audits London | Geek Consultants

Read the SEO Moz link I posted, try and get a grasp on the important of page titles.

This has been on my to do list for the last 3 months at least.

I understand the importance of SEO but don't quite 'get' how to do it.

I would appreciate some feedback

www.edebeauty.biz

Thanks in advance :)

Agh can't edit on my phone. Should be

Www.edenbeauty.biz

Sorry.

Hi

Could you also have a look at mine also please?

www.2hands2heal.co.uk

Any advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Agh can't edit on my phone. Should be

Eden Beauty | Home Page

Sorry.

Again, take a look at your page titles (Starting to see a reoccurring theme here ;) but it's such a common mistake)

A great home page title would be:

Beauty Treatments in Aberdeen | Eden Beauty

You could consider adding a separate page for each treatment rather than collating them all onto one (I.E. one for waxing, one for tanning). That way you will have a pages such as "Fake Tanning in Aberdeen | Eden Beauty" which are much more likely to get searched for by people.

You should also change your homepage meta description, at the moment it reads:

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Welcome to Eden Beauty"/>

It should be a description of the services you provide, but make sure it's not over 156 characters or it will get cut off in Google.

Other than that it's a great clean site.

I am at work now but will take a look as and when I have a spare 5 minutes

Excellent , I would love you to have a look at my site

Home - BeautyBox

Again, page titles people page titles!

Title Tag SEO Best Practices - Meta Tag Optimization | SEOmoz

Put yourself in the customers shoes, if they want a pedicure in bedfordshire, they are going to type "pedicure in bedfordshire", they aren't going to type in "Home beautybox", because until they find your website, how on earth are they going to know that your company called beautybox offers these services.

Can't stress the importance of page titles enough, give Title Tag SEO Best Practices - Meta Tag Optimization | SEOmoz a read, it's only short.

Your homepage meta description also contains your google analytics tracking code for some reason? The meta description should describe your services and be under 156 characters.

Your other meta descriptions are "mobile beautician in bedfordshire and herfordshire". This is ok, but it's duplicated throughout. Meta description needs to explain whats on the page, so for your ear piercing page it should be "ear piercing in bedfordshire and herfordshire".

Hope that makes sense.

Very nice of you to offer your time!
I'd appreciate it if you could look at mine too please.

Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Welcome

Home page title is great, but it's used on all of them. Consider making them more specific to the page. For example your Nail Services page title is "Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire". Change this to "Angelina's Nail Services - Kidderminster, Worcestershire" to capture all those people searching for "nail services kidderminster" etc.

Also your meta keywords are stuffed to hell:

Hair, Hairdresser, Beauty, Eye Treatments, Eyelash Tinting, Eyebrow Tinting, Eyebrow Waxing, Eyebrow Shaping, Waxing, Extreme Male Waxing, Intimate Waxing, Male Intimate Waxing, Manicures, Pedicures, Spray Tan, Spray Tanning, Massage, Reflexology, Microdermabrasion, Facials, Nail Enhancements, Spray Tattoos, Colon Hydrotherapy, Affinage, Alterna, Berins, Eve Taylor, Infiniti, Kerastraight, LA Tanning, L'Oreal Professionnel, Nak, Nouvatan, Perron Rigot, Salon System, EZFlow, EZ Flow training, spray tan training, wax training, Kim Lawless, Nouveau eyelash extensions, Lymphatic drainage, reflexology, eyelash extension training, lvl lashes, hair extensions, micro-ring extensions, mcro-ring weft, Nouveau A-lift, Micro-current, HD Brows, Minx nails, Semi-permanent mascara, shellac, cry baby, Non-surgical face lift, botox, fillers, skin peels, scar correction, semi-permanent make-up, botox kidderminster

Search engines don't look at keywords anymore because of keyword stuffing, it's a very dated method of trying to rank. It's still good to have meta keywords, just don't spam them ;)

Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - How To Find Us
Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Eye Treatments
Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Nail Services
Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Non-surgical Procedures
Angelina's Hair and Beauty - Kidderminster, Worcestershire - Testimonials

All these page's page titles are over 70 characters, meaning they are getting cut off in the search results page. Try and reduce them.Same with your meta description, they should be no longer than 156 characters.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Its wonderful seeing someone offering to share their expertise
:-D

Great Thread. I am trying so hard to improve my SEO. I would really appreciate any info you could give me on my site.

Flirties Lash Extensions, CryBaby and Threading Airdrie, Coatbridge, Cumbernauld, Motherwell, Wishaw, Hamilton. Lanarkshire Glasgow - Lashes & 'Taches Home

Thank You

Page titles ;)

They are far too long and keyword stuffed. This will have huge derogatory effects on your rankings. Read the feedback I've given above.

Narrow down the locations to areas you would like to focus on.

Anyone looking for a thorough on page analysis can drop me a PM and I will look tonight when I'm not at work!

There's something that I have asked before and never had much response from and this makes me think no one on here really knows the answer.

Perhaps you can help explain.

Site Tite, Page Title, Page Description, Page Name.

I find these confusing and am never sure how best to use each one.

There's something that I have asked before and never had much response from and this makes me think no one on here really knows the answer.

Perhaps you can help explain.

Site Tite, Page Title, Page Description, Page Name.

I find these confusing and am never sure how best to use each one.

Site Title, Page Title and Page Name are the same thing. They are simply put, the Title of the page. They show up in the top of the browser, and in the search results as shown below:

title-tag-browser.jpg

title-tag-serp.png

browser.png

They are the most important on page SEO attribute. They tell google what the page is all about! People make the huge mistake of naming their page titles "Home, Homepage, Index" etc. which is terrible, because it doesn't describe the page at all. Make sure page titles aren't over 70 characters or they will be cut off in Google.

Site description, also known as meta description, again describes the page and shows in google search results:

title-tag-serp.png

In the above picture, the page's meta description would be "SEOMoz is a hub for the search marketing industry....". It's important not to have a description longer than 156 characters, as it will be cut off in the results page. It's also very important to include your keywords, while still reading correctly. Don't keyword stuff!!!

Latest posts

Back