The SEO Help Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread, am marking for later, could you possibly have a look at mine, a friend did it for me so i can forward any feedback onto her! Many thanks

www.janeforbeshairandmakeup.co.uk

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Your page titles are "OK" but you might want to add your location into them. Also you have no meta descriptions!

Thankyou, would you recommend i change them......also not too sure what meta descriptions are or in what context i should use them??? :confused:

Thankyou for your help, much appreciated.

Thankyou, would you recommend i change them......also not too sure what meta descriptions are or in what context i should use them??? :confused:

Thankyou for your help, much appreciated.

I explained meta descriptions only a few posts above!

I would suggest adding your location to your page titles.

I explained meta descriptions only a few posts above!

I would suggest adding your location to your page titles.

Im going to be honest i didnt even know what my page titles were till 5 minutes ago :o but think i fully understand now, for example my about page could be:

Jane Forbes Hair and Makeup Telford Shrewsbury Shropshire - About

and my bridal page

Wedding Hair and Makeup Telford Shrewsbury Shropshire - Bridal

was just reading about meta descriptions as your replied and think i am getting my head round that too......thank you again for your help and this thread.

Im going to be honest i didnt even know what my page titles were till 5 minutes ago :o but think i fully understand now, for example my about page could be:

Jane Forbes Hair and Makeup Telford Shrewsbury Shropshire - About

and my bridal page

Wedding Hair and Makeup Telford Shrewsbury Shropshire - Bridal

was just reading about meta descriptions as your replied and think i am getting my head round that too......thank you again for your help and this thread.

Those titles are definitely better, just be weary of going over 70 characters as they will get cut off in the results page.

Does the 70 characters include the -about ?

Does the 70 characters include the -about ?

Everything in the page title, yes.

You are clearing up a lot of things for me - thank you

Is it true that the words used in the Titles should be used and repeated throughout the body of text in the pages as google picks up on the relevance of the titles to the content of the site?

You are clearing up a lot of things for me - thank you

Is it true that the words used in the Titles should be used and repeated throughout the body of text in the pages as google picks up on the relevance of the titles to the content of the site?

Well, your Page titles should reflect the page content yes, and the keywords found in the title should also be found on the page, but it's important not to be spammy when it comes to keywords.

I have searched beauty salons burnham on sea - i got to page 12 an gave up! I still couldnt see my website. My facebook page was on the first, I also advertise on my local website www.burnham-on-sea.com and and that came up which I suppose is good as they can be directed to our website from there.

I really want to be up near the top, some major work is going to be done i think.

I have searched beauty salons burnham on sea - i got to page 12 an gave up! I still couldnt see my website. My facebook page was on the first, I also advertise on my local website www.burnham-on-sea.com and and that came up which I suppose is good as they can be directed to our website from there.

I really want to be up near the top, some major work is going to be done i think.

It's not easy, especially for competitive terms, and it takes time and patience!

Sorry to be a tad suspicious SEO but surely you need to be open and honest about who you are?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm still a little confused about how to add some of my top selling treatment keywords into each page of my website.

This is cut and pasted from my website...

Site-Level Title

The Site-Level Title will appear at the start of the title of every page on the website; the name of the current page on the website will appear after this.
Title:

This is where I've put: Nails and Beyond, Mobile Nails & Beauty, Liverpool

and I've not cluttered it with key words.

This is the next bit from the website and this is where I'm confused as it looks liek I only have one chance to put treatments in here and it will then appear for all the separate treatment tags...

Site-Level Meta Tags

The Description and Keywords meta-tags entered here will appear in the source of every page of the website by default, unless explicitly overriden for a particular page.
Author:
Description:
Keywords:
Shellac, Minx, Acrylic Nails, Waxing, Pamper Parties, Spray Tans, Liverpool, Mobile Nails & Beauty

So with this in mind, should I be overriding each particular page with "key words" in relation to each tab setting/page, i.e. if I have a Waxing Page, I can then put in "leg wax, waxing, brow wax, mobile, liverpool" etc etc or as in my Shellac page I can use keywords such as "shellac liverpool, mobile shellac, shellac rockstars liverpool" etc etc

Many thanks!!

Last edited:
Sorry to be a tad suspicious SEO but surely you need to be open and honest about who you are?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't think it's uncommon to be apprehensive about revealing your identity on a public internet forum. Is your name really "Tiger Nails"? Didn't think so :wink2: If it is, I'd love to know your parents reasoning!

Lisa are you using some kind of website builder like weebly or vistaprint? From those options it sounds like you are. Yes you are 100% right about catering the meta keywords for each page, so like you have said, on the waxing page cater the keywords towards waxing and your location.

You mainly want to concentrate on your page titles and meta descriptions though, as meta keywords are not used by search engines at all these days as people simply keyword stuffed etc!

Lisa are you using some kind of website builder like weebly or vistaprint? From those options it sounds like you are. Yes you are 100% right about catering the meta keywords for each page, so like you have said, on the waxing page cater the keywords towards waxing and your location.

You mainly want to concentrate on your page titles and meta descriptions though, as meta keywords are not used by search engines at all these days as people simply keyword stuffed etc!

No, it's been designed by a fellow Geek who has done a lot of websites for us on here. :)

I've just found what I was looking for...

Page-Specific Meta Tags

You can override the site-level meta tags for Description and/or Keywords for this page by choosing if you want to replace the site-level meta tag with the value entered below, or if you want to prepend it to the start, or append it to the end of the existing site-level meta tag. Having different meta tags for every page is good for Search Engine Optimisation - particularly if each page on the website has a different Description meta tag.
Title Tag:

Description Meta Tag:

So now I can add my own tag or key words specific to each page, my question is....

"by choosing if you want to replace the site-level meta tag with the value entered below, or if you want to prepend it to the start, or append it to the end of the existing site-level meta tag."

Help! And then I'll kindly bugger off and leave you in peace!! :biggrin:

No, it's been designed by a fellow Geek who has done a lot of websites for us on here. :)

I've just found what I was looking for...

Page-Specific Meta Tags

You can override the site-level meta tags for Description and/or Keywords for this page by choosing if you want to replace the site-level meta tag with the value entered below, or if you want to prepend it to the start, or append it to the end of the existing site-level meta tag. Having different meta tags for every page is good for Search Engine Optimisation - particularly if each page on the website has a different Description meta tag.
Title Tag:

Description Meta Tag:

So now I can add my own tag or key words specific to each page, my question is....

"by choosing if you want to replace the site-level meta tag with the value entered below, or if you want to prepend it to the start, or append it to the end of the existing site-level meta tag."

Help! And then I'll kindly bugger off and leave you in peace!! :biggrin:

Guessing Ruth made it, with her custom CMS :biggrin:.

It sounds like you can either completely re write the meta decsriptions for each page, or add to the existing site wide meta description. I recommend catering each meta description for each specific page.

Guessing Ruth made it, with her custom CMS :biggrin:.

It sounds like you can either completely re write the meta decsriptions for each page, or add to the existing site wide meta description. I recommend catering each meta description for each specific page.

Yes!!

Right, I'm now replacing each page and putting keywords in.

Great stuff, thanks for the advice!! :biggrin:

Marking for later

Hi I have been really struggling with this and would really appreciate if you could have a look at my website Home Page and advise what I should do?

Many Thanks:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back