The suing "business"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sue the person who said you were 5 foot 4 when actually youre 5 foot 6.

Hey! Does that work in reverse?
40 years ago, my husband-to-be measured my height for my passport application.
The tape measure was missing the first inch. So he added an inch, and since then my passport has me as 5ft 6ins.
I am 5ft 4ins.......( work it out.....)
So, can I sue him?
Or should I track down the tape measure manufacturer, and sue them?

In for a penny in for a pound! Sue 'em both I say :wink2:

Our society has let this happen and it's only going to get worse. There is absolutely no need to take any responsibility for your actions anymore, as there is always someone else to blame.

You don't even need to get off your lazy arse and get a job, as you are entitled to have benefits amounting to being much better off than someone who works 40 plus hours a week. Therefore taking no responsibility for your own, chosen life style. Of course I'm not referring to genuine cases.

I have come across many people in my other life that have such a massive sense of entitlement in this respect, I just want to tell them exactly how I feel, but of course I would get the sack!

Winds me right up!

Exactly. Ive heard of people sueing their parents for them being fat.
And if you get fat, you get a scooter off the government to help you....wel....stay fat. Dont jump down my throat im not attacking mobility scooter riders, many have genuine needs! But cos you like burgers a little too much?

off topic, saw an old bloke on a mobility scooter the other day. Had to have been about 80, wearing an Indiana Jones hat and a leather jacket. Wanted to pull over and high five that man :D

I agree with you whole heartedly, these adverts drive me crackers. Now I've just been through the whole compensation thing. A circuit Judge drove through a red light and hit the bus I was driving with his nice big bmw x5. The upshot for me was a spinal injury so bad that I can no longer pass the medical to keep the bus driving licence. Even so if he'd been prosecuted for careless driving I'd have been content.
But he wasn't, even though there was cctv on the street junction that showed him jumping the light, cctv in my bus that showed me letting the handbrake of and moving forward after my light turned green, witnesses from the surrounding businesses, people on my bus and a van load of police who were behind me in the traffic I still got a letter from the cps saying that due to a lack of independent evidence they would not be looking for a conviction. Yer right, nothing to do with the guy being a Judge then:evil:
So I went for the compensation. I figured if the courts weren't going to make him pay than I would make sure he felt it when he had to pay for his next car insurance.
What really gets me mad is the way the adverts make it look like everyone gets their cheque with in a couple of weeks when it's actually more like 2 or 3 years.
For the lady who had the waxing injury, I am so sorry that happened to you, but I have to tell you, whilst the law does not require a waxing qualification, insurance companies do, so if she's unqualified she's also uninsured. You could however take her through the small claims court because she does fall under the law that says she has a duty of care towards a paying customer and by causing you injury she is in breach of this.

Exactly. Ive heard of people sueing their parents for them being fat.

Oh really? My parents are quite well off. Hmmm.

I knew there HAD to be a reason I was such a fat a**. It was because of my mom and dad all this time. It had completely nothing to do with the fact that I gained 75 lbs when I was pregnant because all I ate was Big Macs and King Dongs and drank YooHoos all day...every day. Nope....totally my mom and dad's fault.

Well then...I'll see y'all later. I'm off to find an attorney.

Oh really? My parents are quite well off. Hmmm.

I knew there HAD to be a reason I was such a fat a**. It was because of my mom and dad all this time. It had completely nothing to do with the fact that I gained 75 lbs when I was pregnant because all I ate was Big Macs and King Dongs and drank YooHoos all day...every day. Nope....totally my mom and dad's fault.

Well then...I'll see y'all later. I'm off to find an attorney.

Humph lol lol lol lol lol lol

Pray, what's a King Dong when it's at home? :eek:

Pray, what's a King Dong when it's at home? :eek:

King Don - Yummy

king-dons.jpg

You've probably heard of Hostess Ding Dong's. Well this was the larger version. They don't make them anymore.

I probably ate the world's supply when I was pregnant.

I hate all this suing business, It's ridiculous and it's the reason insurance is so high!

King Don - Yummy

View attachment 16111

You've probably heard of Hostess Ding Dong's. Well this was the larger version. They don't make them anymore.

I probably ate the world's supply when I was pregnant.

Is it like a chocolate covered marshmallow?

Oops! Did I add the 'g' myself?!
:D

:eek::eek::eek:
Did he win???

Yep, here's the story...

The first time Milo Stephens Jr. tried to commit suicide, he did it by jumping in front of subway train as it pulled into an East Manhattan station way back in 1977. He didn't die, but the aftermath was pretty brutal. We'll just say Stephens didn't emerge from the incident in one piece.

A few months later, the family was able to find an "enterprising personal injury lawyer" who gave a whole new meaning to the term personal injury in legal circumstances. With his help, the family sued the New York City Transit Authority for 650,000 dollars in the guise that the driver of the train did not slow down the car in time and thus was to blame for injuring Stephens, even though he willingly put himself in harm's way.

Astonishingly, they won and the personal injuries weren't so personal anymore.

Strangely, Stephens tried to kill himself again using the same method in 1982, which means that either he needs serious medical help, or burned through that money faster than MC Hammer. Fortunately, New York didn't have anything to worry about as there was no severe "personal damage" this time.

A woman sued McDonald's bc she spilled her coffee in her lap. It was too hoy she said. My mom said she was more likely to sue for cold coffee.
Another woman put her rv on cruise control and went in the back to make a sandwich. She sued bc she said it didn't say she couldn't do that.
My neighbor sued the man down the road bc he(neighbor) was speeding and spun out on some mud. He sued bc he said our other neighbor should have been more responsible and kept the rain from mudding up the road. (we live in the country)
All these people won. o_O

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Oh, and a ding dong is like a chocolate cupcake with frosting in the middle and then dipped in chocolate as opposed to iced on top. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I think a lot of our problems is people really don't take any responsibility / or have common sense.

I can see why some people have a valid case to sue.

Latest posts

Back