the use of primer.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
ok guys,
this is a simple question from a simple aussie girl ..lol..I have done some geek searching and found that some people say you can use primer as an added ( bonus ) even if you use a l& p product that is primerless if you are havving trouble with customers nails that might miraculously just pop or fall of in the middle of the night...is there any truth ......
Thanks Anne

You should really talk to your educator who will help you out more with YOUR product but I think I'm right in saying Creative powders do not require a primer but one can be used if you wish to illiminate problem areas with lifting etc.

thanks Claireamy
thats what I thought ,but have since read that if you are using a creative
product,like retention + & then use a primer as well that it will cause you to have problems. Now I,m really confused....

Hi hun, you don't need primer when you use retention+ as i think it already has primer in it so if you prime again your sort of undoing what you've done, if yougaet lifting you need to make sure you prep and dehydrate the really well.

KIRSTY LUND
owner/nail tech
creative nail design

Don't be confused!!.
Retention+ monomer was called a primerless liquid when it was first launched into the market place.

This was in the days of acid primer which only formed a hydrogen bond to the nail plate.
Whereas Retention+ formed a much stronger covalent bond.....so using acid primer would have negated that covalent bond!!!
So it was advised not to use it.
There is no primer IN Retention+...that is a common misconception.

NOW though Creative have Acid Free primer which forms a covalent bond to the nail plate...therefore can be used along with Retention + as a sort of safety net when you are first trained or if you are having some lifting problems.
Using Acid Free primer with Radical Solarnail monomer which has a hydrogen bond to the nail plate...boosts it up to a covalant bond.....and that is why most Tech's still use acid free primer with Radical liquid.

I must say though...that I have not used any kind of primer for years because I know my prep is thorough and my application does the job....and I don't need this as a prep booster. But, hey...never say never...it is always good to have choice and a back up for those problem clients!!!

thats great to know i think alot of people can be confussed by it all (including me) 'm going to be doing my masters this year so i'm hoping i'll understand it all then xKIRSTY LUNDowner/nail techcreative nail design

Latest posts

Back