The weave!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toria2012

Reaction score
Hey girls and guys
looking for a bit of advise always use extensions currently pre bonded but the weave seems to be the new thing everyone rounf my area wants the weave lol.

im quite eager to try it but so scared as i have seen so many cheap and nasty ones from a place at my area that does them (not even qualified hairdressers may i add, they are charging £50 for this service and its really effecting the rest of the salons.

If i was getting it done i would OBV o somewhere that was professional and pay for the service off a professional but just wondering what your thoughs are of the weave ?????
Im also thinking of training in just looking for some feedback geeks
xxxxx

Hi I will reply to this later on (school run and only poped on) xx

Hey girls and guys
looking for a bit of advise always use extensions currently pre bonded but the weave seems to be the new thing everyone rounf my area wants the weave lol.

im quite eager to try it but so scared as i have seen so many cheap and nasty ones from a place at my area that does them (not even qualified hairdressers may i add, they are charging £50 for this service and its really effecting the rest of the salons.

If i was getting it done i would OBV o somewhere that was professional and pay for the service off a professional but just wondering what your thoughs are of the weave ?????
Im also thinking of training in just looking for some feedback geeks
xxxxx

hi there i cant answer but im also interested in this, however the girls who have queried me about it only want it "because its cheap" again some people getting them done in glasgow for £50-80?!?!

hi yes the weave only costs that amount as it doesnt take long to do you basically braid/cornrow/track say 4 rows of hair say 2 at bottom then 2 along top then you get a hair weft and cut it to size of row then you sew it into the row i personally like them i usually get them done and do them myself although theyr a bit heavier on hair and depending on who does them they can be a bit bulky but a good extentionist wouldnt have them bulky iv never found any damage to my hair and i actually prefer them to bonds and a lot easier to remove lol

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...pP3NAw&usg=AFQjCNHFkIyVtkmQzFcuq920kBnTEqP9PA

I've gotten asked about this a lot now. I really want to train in European weave and offer it to clients. Anyone trained in it and can recommend anywhere good in London area?

Thanks guys i knw i think your talking about the same glasgow place as me but its really affecting my business as everyone is so pushed for money they are getting it done for so cheap.

I would like to learn how to do it and offer the service myslef but want to make sure i pick the right training group as iv went on courses before and felt they were so unhelpfull.

Been trying to research it as much as i can
xxx

Thanks guys i knw i think your talking about the same glasgow place as me but its really affecting my business as everyone is so pushed for money they are getting it done for so cheap.

I would like to learn how to do it and offer the service myslef but want to make sure i pick the right training group as iv went on courses before and felt they were so unhelpfull.

Been trying to research it as much as i can
xxx

think i might be hon - i know a girl who got it done, had to go to her own hairdresser to cut it as the extensionist didnt put scissors/razor near it and then only kept it in for 1.5 weeks as it got so tangled and heavy :( but she maintains its better than bonded extensions........ can only imagine where she got them for the weave experience to have been better (it certainly wasnt me who done them!!!!) i am the same as you though, would like to learn but still couldnt do them that cheaply when you look at how much good hair costs!!

i am a fully qualifed hairdresser and really want to learn the weave can any1 recommend a good training provider ???

I trained in this method with a really good trainer in London and I never offered it as part of my service as I think its too bulky, I get loads of enquiries a week asking about this and I just dont offer it. I think a lot of clients want this method because its a cheap way of having hair extensions.

Just out of curiosity... what do you guys think of the beaded weave? Any experience? I think that may be better for european hair x

Just out of curiosity... what do you guys think of the beaded weave? Any experience? I think that may be better for european hair x

Beaded weave? Are you talking about the one similar to a micro weft?

They do miro ring weft with km training? Xx

The traditional braided and sew in weft is not really suitable for european hair. I know lots of caucasain people have it done but it was designed for afro hair .

The only weft i offer is Racoon micro weft with is taped in. These wefts are very small and thin so not as bulky as regular weft. However having said this although it is cheaper there is not much call for it as 3 weekly maintenace appointment are required and the hair is not as good as normal racoon hair.

Beaded weave? Are you talking about the one similar to a micro weft?

Similar yes, except the beads are used to make the 'track' for the weft to be sewn on to rather than using the beads to clamp the natural and extension hair together. I think this distributes the tension more evenly but at the same time not being as harsh on european hair as the braid.

x

Similar yes, except the beads are used to make the 'track' for the weft to be sewn on to rather than using the beads to clamp the natural and extension hair together. I think this distributes the tension more evenly but at the same time not being as harsh on european hair as the braid.

x

I have used this method in the past and, while its ok for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't recommend it for long-term wear as the natural hair tends to get quite matted where the microring track is, probably because it is very difficult for the client to brush in that area.

I have used this method in the past and, while its ok for a couple of weeks, I wouldn't recommend it for long-term wear as the natural hair tends to get quite matted where the microring track is, probably because it is very difficult for the client to brush in that area.

That is very true, but, not any worse than the braided method which also doesn't allow the natural hair loss to fall away.... but at least with the micro ring (if applied correctly) it is not causing tension alopecia at the same time.

No sewn in weave technique should be left in more than a month without maintenance in my opinion anyway, because of the need to rid the hair of the natural loss.

x

I've just started offering the micro ring see in, do my first one on Monday, I have told my clients you have to have maintenance/repositioning every six weeks.

Would you say it needs doing every 4 weeks?

I've just started offering the micro ring see in, do my first one on Monday, I have told my clients you have to have maintenance/repositioning every six weeks.

Would you say it needs doing every 4 weeks?

It really depends on a few factors, like how fine their own hair is and if it shows through, slippage and their own natural hair growth. It shouldn't be left in too long though as it really can be heavy and cause tension. Usually I would recommend the client to keep an eye on it and do repositioning when they are about an inch from scalp.

Latest posts

Back