The year of the Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all the geeks.

This year is going to be one of the most significant years for our industry and especially for this site.

Next week is our 2 year anniversary. Within that two years, we have made a massive positive impact on the industry. It can be seen everywhere from Key publications refering to this site in virtually every issue, editors requesting feedback from members here for articles and tutorials to us having our own Nail Geek Stand at Excel!

This month Scratch is doing a DPS (Double Page Spread) and The Guild is doing a full page story on the site. I also just caught wind that NailBiz has just said that this is the website to be watching - and emmulating!

Every day nail professionals old and new arrive here from all over the world looking to learn and teach. Every day I find something new and cool here that wasnt there the day before.

Every day I am proud to be a Geek :wink2:

Happy New Year - The Year of the Geeks

*edit. Thought I would add some images of what the site was like back towards when it started. nJoy
nJoy

you should be proud sam, you have created something BIGGGGGGG here.

And a happy new year to you Sam
Geeks Rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this site is my second home I have made some fab friends here I for one would be lost without it now it has opened up a big world for me and I just love it.
So thanks again Sam for all your hard work and to your family who are one of the cutest familys around.

Cheers Sam xxxxxxxxxxx

Dawnie

I am new to this site and it blowes me away. All my friends in Texas are loving it.

good luck in 2005.

Gwynaann

My dogs were actually hoping you'd close this site!!! They sit by me in the ever increasing hope that they may eventually get taken for a walk lol! So a big thank you from me for the laughter, vision and focus this site brings and a bad woof woof from my dogs for keeping them house bound!

Happy New Year to all you guys!

I love this site i have learnt so much in the short while i have been visiting the forum.

Sassy Hassy said:
My dogs were actually hoping you'd close this site!!! They sit by me in the ever increasing hope that they may eventually get taken for a walk lol! So a big thank you from me for the laughter, vision and focus this site brings and a bad woof woof from my dogs for keeping them house bound!

LOL...... mine are sitting here whinging as I type - WE ARE BAD MOTHERS, SASSY!

Yep, well done Sam for this great resource. How many people remember it in it's previous form? I know my profile shows me as joining in June 2003, but I used to 'lurk' well before that. I must admit, before I knew who the 'Nail Geek' was, I used to look at this funny little website (the previous one) and think he must be a bit of a nutter - but then I actually started going through the stuff and was hooked during the very early stages of The Nail Geek site! Sam - do those pages still exist? I'd love a trip down memory lane!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Jackie
x

Hi

Wow well deserved praise it is too! We love ya sam!

Agreed. Such a fabulous resource for all things nails at the touch of a button and such a great place to meet likeminded people to build friendships with.

XXX

My confidence is growing 10 fold since finding this site in November, any time I worry about a technique I come on here, do a search and whahey its always there. An absolutely brilliant resource for any Nail Tech out there. As well as informative and helpful it’s a very friendly site, everyone wanting to help each other out in any way they can, experienced or new to the nail industry, everybody is treat with respect.

Hats off to you Sam, and all the other people who frequent this place, you all deserve a pat on the back.

Thanks for making me feel part of the ‘in crowd’.

Happy New Year!

Jen (Totally new to this industry ;) )

Happy New Year to all of you.
I am addicted to this site as well and it is the first thing I do after switching on my computer, albeit I don't post much, I am here every day - WATCH OUT GEEKS YOU ARE BEING STALKED!!
Best wishes to all and lets keep this wonderful site alive and kicking, friendly, helpful, educational and busy, busy, busy.
Norah

just added some pics of what the site used to look like for you newbies :)

(see first post in thread).

Jackie... no, sadly I dont have any shots from the very first site back in 1997. Would be a hoot though!

The Nail Geek said:
just added some pics of what the site used to look like for you newbies :)
man, how quickly we forget :)
cool to see piccys of how geek once was

Jess
xox

LOL Well is it 2 years already??? My god, the time has flown........
When I first joined on the 12th of January 2003, I thought this site looks cosy just a few members, now look at us....
My life has certainly changed and this site has taken me from strentgh to strength....
I have made some very special friends, true friends that are not just that in name but in gesture also.......... I like to thank all those for their support, kind words and kick up the bum..............
So a huge thanks Sam but also Samantha for making this all happen...............
you guys are the best and love you dearly xxxx

P.S. And the education side of things aint bad either lol xxxxxx

Well I joined in nov 2003 and have made so many friends on here. I love the site and the people they are warm and genuine, So thank you Sam, and your lovely wife for brightening up each day.
I love you all ;)

Happy new year to everyone!
I tend not to post that much as i find searching the forums and tutorials takes long enough, i have found so much information out on this site from such talented people , i would like to thank you all for giving me laughs and inproving my technique.
This site is fantastic and a big thankyou goes out to the nail geek, i wish i had found it earlier, my nights are not the same anymore i even given eastenders up lol
Tanks again , i,ll go back to lurking now , big kiss x

The Nail Geek said:
Jackie... no, sadly I dont have any shots from the very first site back in 1997. Would be a hoot though!

What a shame! It would have been nice to take a step back in time and see the original stuff! :biggrin:

Wow....time has flown! Well, I'm proud to say that I've been with Sam from the very beginning. Yeah, you don't *see* me around much these days but I'm there! My two boys keep me too busy to participate much these days but I'm planning a comeback...just don't know exactly when yet ;) Can you believe Ben is going to be 2 in March and Jake 1 in April. Good grief, time doth fly!

I'm so happy for you, Grand Master Geek! You've done such a wonderful job!

Latest posts

Back