Theatrical help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousbeauty

Reaction score
hi i am doing a level 3 theatrical make up corse, i have been in the hair and beauty indastry for nearly 10 years and wanted to do something realy different and i am loving this side of things, i realy want to get soe exspereance behind the seance wether it is thearter street plays or film what ever i can get, dose any one know where i can get this excpereanse i have emaild a fewdifferent play compains andtheratergroups but no noe seems to reply to me i so much want to do this and i have a natural flair it PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP. [COLOR="

Last edited:
How big a portfolio have you got so far? You may want to either send some pics of your work to theatre groups, etc, or put them up on a web site, and then include a link to that when you email or write to people.

Perhaps you might also consider doing some photographic work too, in order to further build up your portfolio; websites such as Net-Model, Net-Model.com - Online portfolios for Models, Photographers, Agencies, and Stylists. and Purestorm, How To Become A Model - Modeling Portfolios - Fashion, Glamour and Photographic Models have sections for make-up artists and stylists to display their portfolios, and have forums where photographers can make posts asking for make-up artists/stylists for a particular shoot - this might be a good way to both build up your portfolio, and to get experience of photographic work too as well as theatrical work - having experience of both should certainly be beneficial when looking for work opportunities in the future...

Have you thought about am dram? I would think that with all the pantos happening they may be looking for ppl, even if to just give the regulars the night off! Ask and see and even though it would be unpaid it would be good experience and good on the old CV. Good luck! Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi! My daughter is a working child-actress and in between movies, she does a lot of stage production work to keep her resume up-to-date ; I'm positive that a lot of the make-up artists that work the shows are mentoring to build their portfolio - a few of them are clients of mine so I know they must be making money somewhere! I will email them all today and ask them how they got into the business. Hugs, kelly

Hi! My daughter is a working child-actress and in between movies, she does a lot of stage production work to keep her resume up-to-date ; I'm positive that a lot of the make-up artists that work the shows are mentoring to build their portfolio - a few of them are clients of mine so I know they must be making money somewhere! I will email them all today and ask them how they got into the business. Hugs, kelly

thank you so much that will be a fantastic help:hug::lol:

Latest posts

Back