TheNailBoss - how does he do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samathiyy

Reaction score
I follow TheNailBoss on instagram and I love their nail pictures but they say they don't use polish and im interested to find out how they make such amazing nails?! I'm guessing it's by using acrylic or gel but they're so cool!
Anyone else a fan?

Yes I followed , just acrylic , there are a few pics that are like step by steps .

Yes I follow him, he's amazing!

He uses different coloured acrylics and glitters and French cutters and then caps the whole nail in clear acrylic! Hence the term #notpolish

He has a few vids on there and an article in nail pro breaking down his designs.

i wonder with all his imaginative ideas and mixes encapsulation and techniques are they coverd in his insurance should a client have something go wrong you see thats what some companies would have you paranoid about and believe that is why so many nail techs fail to reach there creative capacity because of the fear of being creative with there product once not so long ago you could not encapsulate use glitters in powders unless it was from the branded company was the word on this site still is with some most companies this nail tech is the nail boss of creativity with his products

For years we have been encouraged to custom blend not just for pink and whites ,and I'm pretty sure encapsulation is widely accepted , it even exists as a category in most nail comps .

A lot of brands have sooo many colors and varietys available now it would be easy to use a brand with out adding random stuff , eg) nfu.oh , ezflow , young nails , mosaic , ons , list goes on and on
Even CND have colors and glitters in gel and powders ,and have done for years

I don't know what brand he uses or if he messes , honestly I don't think he dose they look quite straight foreword to me , but I've never looked into his stuff that deeply , I can honestly say looking at the nails ive seen on instergram that they could all be done in a safe non messing way , :)

I think the only thing that holds nail techs back is them selfs ... And there clients ;) lol

He is amazing! He is so nice and actually replies to you.

He uses CND a lot, or his pinks,whites and clears that I've seen are. And in the US we aren't required to have insurance like in the UK, and a lot of techs don't realize even if you don't own the salon you are in you can and need to carry your own just in case. He knows his stuff that's for sure. He is talented. He has inspired me to break out of my shell and try it.

Last edited:
He is amazing! He is so nice and actually replies to you.

He uses CND a lot, or his pinks,whites and clears that I've seen are. And in the US we aren't required to have insurance like in the UK, and a lot of techs don't realize even if you don't own the salon you are in you can and need to carry your own just in case. He knows his stuff that's for sure. He is talented. He has inspired me to break out of my shell and try it.

Yep he uses CND, he also uses bits from hobby craft type shops fine glitters, chunky glitters, he uses nail moulds and then he caps everything in OPI clear powder which is amazing almost looks like glass doesn't it?! (Maybe he has a good camera he says it's an iPhone but who knows?! His work is immaculate and lasts for weeks on end!

Oh and you don't need insurance in the UK either to actually practise. It's not a crime just if you get sued it's coming out of your pocket!!!

It's very impressive but it's sooo permanent lol, he says he soaks off and applies a new set every time 😕

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've followed him for ages and one of the reason I trained last year actually! he using coloured acrylics and encapsulated designs and such, but think he tops off the l&p nails by gel topcoat.

I've only just followed him on Instagram, he's amazing right? I wanna be able to do things like that with Shellac.

Shakira x

I've only just followed him on Instagram, he's amazing right? I wanna be able to do things like that with Shellac.

Shakira x

It's a lot easier with shellac using striping tape, it's all coloured acrylic and glitter he uses x

Every picture he posts I always have a really good look at it and I'm so jealous!!! They're always gorgeous. Although I'm unsure about having to do a new set every time, I bet they become pricey with all that work on them. Amazing though.

It's very impressive but it's sooo permanent lol, he says he soaks off and applies a new set every time 😕

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

He soaks off because by the time the clients come back for fills the nails have been on for at least 4+weeks with massive growth. He says it takes him 10mins to remove!

I love his work. I almost got to meet him and get my nails done by him while I was in New York, he's so accommodating & friendly and will answer questions. I unfortunately didn't have enough time on the trip to get over to New Jersey. I kick myself everyday for that!

Heres my attempt at recreating One of his looks. His name is Phung Luu .He does these looks all with acrylic and mention CND Warm pink as the flesh tone that he uses.He also told me he gets his high shine by using opi gelcolour topcoat

picture.php

This is what i have taken off HIS facebook wall.
STEP BY STEP
You really can learn a lot from adding this artist as a friend.

Again..NOT my Work...
picture.php

Heres my attempt at recreating One of his looks. His name is Phung Luu .He does these looks all with acrylic and mention CND Warm pink as the flesh tone that he uses.He also told me he gets his high shine by using opi gelcolour topcoat

picture.php

These are amazing!!! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sure you could recreate anything he does with shellac or rock stars. He is amazing and the natural nails underneath his work too just are beautiful and it's encouraging so many people do follow him and see that my every acrylic products ruins your nails when they're done right! I just love him and would love to meet him

and see that my every acrylic products ruins your nails when they're done right! him

Sorry hun,i don't understand what your trying to say.

I am sure you could recreate his looks with shellac but how easy is that to do,lets face it..its not that hard to polish a nail...producing that quality of work WITH acrylic takes real skill and in my opinion gives a completely different type of look compared to doing it with shellac.

For a start the opaque cover acrylics from CND in my opinion open up a whole new range of creative possibilities

What's his name?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do I locate him on Instagram please? What's his profile pic as can't seem to find it?

Latest posts

Back